GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Happy Bunny UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Bunny UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Bunny UE diary

Hi

Posting this as suggested by Niddy.

Will be emailing him a few CCAs to check soon. Logged in separate threads.

Had enough of being treated like crap by banks and being rate jacked before they were stopped. I know I borrowed the money but they ave abused the rate situation.

Need to save money at the minute so finding out what is enforceable and what isn't.

Thanks

HB

Re: Happy Bunny UE diary

Originally posted by happy_bunny View Post
    Had enough of being treated like crap by banks and being rate jacked before they were stopped.
    You and me both *

* I had no idea which smiley to post

Comment

The last one

Comment

The last one
        At least I had a 50% chance of getting it right, Sir
        Last edited by PlanB; 13 April 2013, 19:32. Reason: typo & duplicate post & generally messing up everything :(

Comment

Hi all

Few things I don't fancy paying due to being treated like crap. Did borrow too much, don't give a stuff about credit rating as don't need or want any ever again.

1. Cahoot flexi loan.
          Have a thread to see UE status.
          Rate jacked as everyone else. Bit of a refund after complaining. Interest rate still piss taking.
          Not yet defaulted. Just a matter of time.
          Opened: Early 2000s
          Balance: 5K+

2. Catalogue debt from 199x. As UE as they come. Been paying Capquest due to morals. Offered full and final of 30%. Paid several hundred already. Just received a threat of legal action letter to date and no response to full and final offer. Responded with a copy of the we don't have your agreement letter. Crack on...
          Account defaulted.
          Opened: Early 90s
          Balance: 2.5k

3. RBS/triton. Well covered on my other thread. Account defaulted.
          Opened: Early mid 90s?
          Balance: 10k

4. A&L card. Rate jacked again before not allowed. Admit to having no CCA. Refuse to lower rate. Do one. Account defaulted.
          Balance: 5K

5. Marbles card. Rate jacked again. Decent refund thanks to Fobbing Off Service, surprisingly. Reduced APR but they still took the piss.
          Defaulted.
          No CCA. I asked. So UE.

6 Cahoot card. Will be asking Niddy to check CCA soon. As its owned now by Satander.
          Payments up to date.

7. Egg loan.
          Account defaulted. With Moorgate still who Egg sold it to. Still paying something each month.
          Opened: 2005
          Balance: 4k

As you can guess, mostly old accounts. Have some new ones not taking the piss and post 2007 so happy to pay those.

Thanks for listening. .

HB
          Last edited by happy_bunny; 28 April 2013, 09:09. Reason: Added date opened and rough amounts as suggested. added Egg loan

Comment

Thats the sad thing that the banks dont get.

Treat us fair and most of us wouldnt be here reading and posting. We would be paying like happy bunnies. Excuse the term not meaning you.

When we get into difficulties why dont they block usage, rate jack down and lower our limit and manage us out of a debt spiral. All of these things if done properly could give them the money back and stop all the horror stories you read on forums.

Oh yes that wouldnt make so much money would it so everything they do is just a fig leaf to pretend how nice they are.

Doing detailed work on our cards for reclaims and PPI and if put onto spreadsheets the signs of financial distress are obvious. In our case it was 2 years before we admitted it. By that time the mess was too much to solve. It was very illuminating seeing the accounts going pear shaped and less and less usage on them.

You cant tell me banks dont see it. Their ideal customer is someone who is on the treadmill of just paying interest never paying any capitol.

Comment

They do see it, they just put your interest rates up instead of helping!

HB

Comment

They do see it, they just put your interest rates up instead of helping!

HB

Exactly.

Not only that, they suggest you contact them to agree payments when you are making payments to your account whilst active especially Current accounts.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                  You cant tell me banks dont see it. Their ideal customer is someone who is on the treadmill of just paying interest never paying any capitol.
                  That's exactly it. I signed up for a Granite card which is great for rebuilding my rating but its quite clear they don't want you:

Paying the full amount each month.
                  Egg you on by texting to advise how much you have available to spend all the time!

It sends a shiver down my spine to think of how people's accounts would be racked up by their crazy interest rates when you don't pay in full
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

A&L /MBNA termination notice received. Offering to settle for a reasonable sum. Must have realised UE. Maybe offer to settle for the 2k PPI they owe me

Comment

A&L /MBNA termination notice received. Offering to settle for a reasonable sum. Must have realised UE. Maybe offer to settle for the 2k PPI they owe me
                      wouldn't even offer that
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

You seem to be doing fine Happy Bunny.

If you can put some rough amounts and date of opening for each loan or credit card, it will help.

If you have CCA'd all of these lenders, best to send what you have received to Niddy, along with any default notices that you have received. If you have not sent a CCA request to all, I would get those underway now.

When you send Niddy the documents, don't block anything out. It is perfectly safe as only Niddy sees them.

If the MBNA one is UE, I would not be settling just yet, but your decision at the end of the day.

If you have had a letter before action, there is a template response in the library.

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                          You seem to be doing fine Happy Bunny.

If you can put some rough amounts and date of opening for each loan or credit card, it will help.

If you have CCA'd all of these lenders, best to send what you have received to Niddy, along with any default notices that you have received. If you have not sent a CCA request to all, I would get those underway now.

When you send Niddy the documents, don't block anything out. It is perfectly safe as only Niddy sees them.

If the MBNA one is UE, I would not be settling just yet, but your decision at the end of the day.

If you have had a letter before action, there is a template response in the library.
                          Thanks, edited my earlier post with dates and amounts

Comment

Morning all,

Well, today seems like a good UE sorting day.

Just emailed my Cahoot card CCA to Niddy and looking at sending another one for an oldish Egg loan.

Thanks for the help everyone.

HB

Comment

Quick Question,

I noticed a lot of you donated to the forum.

What's a good amount to donate?

well deserved.

HB

Comment

Working...
                              X