GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Starting out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting out

Hi I have been reading the unenforcable threads and have decided to go down this route as I'm going to be dead and still owing money to my creditors .usual story started off good then ending up with depression (not using this as an excuse) but when I spent I felt a little bit better ,I have nothing to show for the money spent. I feel totally ashamed of myself I have been trying to pay back my creditors, since 2009 and it hasn't even made a dent in my debts what with charges and interest ,some of my cards went higher I have been on the phone pleading with some of my creditors and came off the phone in tears I am at the end of my tether I feel the creditors are in control of me now I want to take back some of the control, if that makes sense. I have sent some letters requesting a copy of CCA

My credit history so far;

Barclaycard now with moor croft
    Credit card.
    Taken out around 2004ish
    Last full payment 2009
    Dmp started 2009
    Balance £5703
    Requested copy of cca 12th April 2012

Monument
    Credit card
    Taken out 2002ish
    Last paid full amount 2009
    Dmp 2009 to present
    Balance £2520
    Request for cca in post tomorrow

Capital One.
    Credit card.
    Taken out 2002ish
    Last paid full amount 2009.
    Dmp 2009.
    Balance £4259.
    Request for cca 12th April
    13th April,!!capital one sent letter stating they need signature
    Letter waiting to be posted tomorrow 23rd April

Blair ,Oliver and Scott .
    Credit card,
    Taken out 2004ish.
    Dmp 2009.
    Balance £3148.
    Request for cca will be posted tomorrow

Cabot (citicard)
    Credit card .
    Taken out 2003/4ish
    Dmp 2009
    Balance £927

Blair oliver and Scott
    Sainsburys credit card
    Taken out 2004/5ish
    Last full payment 2009.
    Dmp 2009.
    Balance £4537.

Shop Direct.
    Catalogue
    Taken out 1999.
    Last full payment 2009
    Dmp 2009
    Balance £309 most of which are charges and late payment fees
    Requested cca 12 th Aprl

These are not all my debts I have some more , but feel terrible so will do more when I feel a bit stronger. Thank you for reading my post.

Re: Starting out

welcome to AAD

Absolutely no reason to feel terrible, we all are in the same boat here. Life happens and you're in very good company. No feeling ashamed, we don't do shame here. As you say you have been trying to pay these debts back and it looks like they haven't exactly been helping.

We totally support the consumer here, UE is not an easy road, its a long and sometimes hard road, but it is a way of getting back control and lots of us have got a life back as well.

It would be handy if you updated each debt in a seperate post, helps to keep it all straight.

First order of the day, absolutely no talking to anyone on the phone, absolutely not. If you are still getting harassment phone calls, come back to us, we do have a solution.
    What have you done about your DMP are you still paying or have you stopped?
    and who was it with?

Dopey xx

Comment

Hi Sosad, welcome to AAD, first and foremost don't be worrying yourself anymore, you have arrived at a place where you will receive non judgmental help and support as you progress through your UE journey, most of us have been/are where you are now.
      You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

Take a look at how the UE diaries are set out, and list all your debts on separate postings (it is then easier then to monitor and update each one as things progress)

Once you have a response back from your CCA requests, upload each one to niddy for review, I would say from the dates you have shown on the debts, you will have some that will have a good UE argument within them.

Update at your own pace,there is no rush, what you are embarking on is going to run into many months and even years as you fight your rights.
      So have a good read of the different threads, you will soon understand how things work here, we also have a good few social threads to join in with, they are just as important has the legal stuff here, as it really does help to take your mind off your debt issues by joining in and having a little fun with your new friends here.

Good Luck
      Allan

Oops, sorry Mrs D, you beat me to it..
      Last edited by alland; 22 April 2012, 17:20. Reason: updated

Comment

Hi Sosad and welcome

I’ve not been here long myself, but I have found reading all the diaries a really eye opener. When you read them you will draw strength from them and know there’s light at the end of the tunnel and you’re in control now not DCA’s. There’s plenty of support from all the people on the forum.

PS when you read the diary’s don’t drink red wine LOL, took me 2 weeks to read them all, just getting over the hangover.

Regards

SeaSaw
        My Brains not in sycn leave me alone.

Comment

Thank you all for the welcome, understanding, and support, it's been ages since I've felt a wee bit more positive I will update my thread and absolutely, no phone calls. I have and will continue to read the diaries Seesaw I need all the strength I can get!!!!!

I'm glad that you're not judgemental ,because I still do feel I'm taking the cowards way out ,but on saying this my cards might be all enforceable , so I might still be doing my dmp(self admin) Evenlessdopey I cancelled all my standing orders except for the ones I haven't written to ,please don't think I'm not fully committed to going the unenforceable route as I so am, and I will get round to doing them.

I am not very good on the computer so please bear with me. Thank you Alland for pre warning me of what's to come ie:fighting for months or years!!! I'm now sure I will get there with all your support.

Thank you all once again xx

Comment

Hi Sosad & welcome.

Don't worry about what may be enforceable, just see what comes back.

Niddy will look after you don't worry, well unless you support C*ltic that is!

Comment

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
              Thank you all for the welcome, understanding, and support, it's been ages since I've felt a wee bit more positive I will update my thread and absolutely, no phone calls. I have and will continue to read the diaries Seesaw I need all the strength I can get!!!!!

I'm glad that you're not judgemental ,because I still do feel I'm taking the cowards way out ,but on saying this my cards might be all enforceable , so I might still be doing my dmp(self admin) Evenlessdopey I cancelled all my standing orders except for the ones I haven't written to ,please don't think I'm not fully committed to going the unenforceable route as I so am, and I will get round to doing them.

I am not very good on the computer so please bear with me. Thank you Alland for pre warning me of what's to come ie:fighting for months or years!!! I'm now sure I will get there with all your support.

Thank you all once again xx
              You are not taking the cowards way out ! It takes a lot of courage ( and belief in this site and all our experiences ) to take this route.

Just remember, the letters you get will be full of 'if' and 'could and 'maybe' and you will begin to recognise that soon enough, that alone will take some of the fear away.

Don't respond like lightening to any of your mail.....it takes th 'other side' ages to reply, so you should also. There is very little that needs an immediate response.
              Good luck....and believe !

Comment

Hi there, just wanna say welcome and good luck!! The difference this site will make to your everyday life is immeasurable. Just remember to follow all the advice given to you from all the fantastic people on here. You are in the right place, don't worry
                Fight the good fight and we will prevail
                Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Comment

I would echo what everyone else says. Here is a huge bit of sdvice, feel free to use it because I don@t.

Do not worry about what might happen, deal with each letter as it comes. When you get a CCA back and niddy says its enforceable, take it on the chin and just remember the very worst that can happen is that you are in the same debt as before.
                  If you get a letter saying we want a signature just use the templates to bounce it back.
                  Open each letter and deal with it on it's merits. If you ain't sure post on here and ask, someone will tell you...see my latest post on my diary

I've only been doing this for 6 weeks but it has been quite liberating and the people on here are just lovely (even Niddy when I know he wants to bang my head against a wall)

Comment

Hi sosad

lovely to have anew friend let nid see any thing you want but please do not speak to them on the phone and do not send them a signature. we are all here for you and if you wanta rant then feel free xxx
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi sosad
                      Welcome to this brilliant site.Believe me you will soon be feeling full of fight.You are on the first rung of the AAD ladder.It gets better by the rung!!
                      You will get to the top.
                      GM

Comment

Hi Sosad and welcome to the forum. Congratulations for having the guts to make that initial post, and for standing up to the leeches who are just bleeding you dry for their own selfish ends.

There is no need to feel ashamed. You are just being used and abused by a system which seeks to milk you for everything it can get no matter what your circumstances nor how genuine your effort may be to pay these alleged debts off. As you will have noticed, all the enemy is interested in is making sure that no matter how much you pay them, the balances will remain unchanged. That way, you will be their cash cow to be milked for ever.

The first and most important consideration now is that you find a bank account into which you can have any benefits or wages paid, which is not linked to any of the alleged creditors. It looks like you've got a few options, but as you say that is not a full list it is too early to give specific advice.

Don't get into telephone conversations with any of these bullies whatever you do. It is their favourite toy so take it completely away from them.

Don't think that you need to take back some of the control. You already have ALL of the control. The ONLY right any of these alleged creditors has is the right to seek a judgment through the county court system, and if they try to do that you will have the opportunity to submit a defence.

I like the look of those start dates, but I'm never one to count chickens so we'll see what comes back.

Any questions, just ask. You've got plenty of people on your side here.

SH

PS As for Crap One saying they need a signature that is bollocks. It is also a good sign because they wouldn't be playing games if they had a proper compliant CCA.

Comment

What lovely people there are on this site, I am overwhelmed by all your replies.Thank you Scabhunter for you're advice ,I already have a separate bank account as I was doing a self admin dmp ,you mentioned judgements does this mean they can force me to sell my house ? This is what really worries me.

Thank you Grey Matter , Nanna58'! Jon1965 Swanfan, Pepe2008,,you're advice and support is much appreciated Im taking everything on board ,getting ready for the first replies to my cca requests dropping through my letter box ,then I'll probably panic and pester you with lots of questions .once again thank you.x

Comment

Sosad don't worry. Niddy must be sick of me but still answers all my questions. As someone said to me No question is a silly one

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                              Sosad don't worry. Niddy must be sick of me but still answers all my questions. As someone said to me No question is a silly one
                              except yours....................
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X