GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Starting out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starting out

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
    Wow! Thank you both for your quick replies . In 2 Deep ,Niddy has said that they are missing the prescribed terms and said to send BoS that template letter, Monument are also missing prescribed terms so I'm presuming I would send same letter.
    Correct, for both Monument and HBOS respond as follows

---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      You do realise you did email me a knitted jumper of a sheep or something

Classic, best email I had for a while
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You do realise you did email me a knitted jumper of a sheep or something

Classic, best email I had for a while
        Is that what you've been doing.....
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
          Is that what you've been doing.....
          I wish! Still deep in css mate. Hating it now
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Flower Power yes I really am thinking of changing my name cos I really don't feel so sad anymore ,I feel more in control ,thanks for your tips and support, I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on.

Niddy did I REALLY send you an email with a knitted jumper I don't know when you guys are just being funny but I do knit for a charity so I could well have done so ,anyway thanks for your help it is much appreciated x

Comment

Niddy did I REALLY send you an email with a knitted jumper
              Yea, titled Bank of scotland agreement

But you realised and sent the correct email shortly afterwards

Comment

The sad part is I Didnt realise I just sent it what a numpty !!!! Thanks anyway x

Comment

knitty Niddy
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

You can't pull the wool over Nitty's, i mean Niddy's, eyes
                    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

• Re: Starting out

really I'm a wimp and a worrier
                      Wimp? Definitely NOT! You're standing up to these bullies, aren't you?

Worrier? The best way to deal with worry is to take decisive action as soon as you can and close off a cycle of action. Get one of those concertina box files and create a compartment for each account to keep the paperwork together. When a letter comes, post for advice, take the advice and then file it away. Even if the advice was to do nothing, you have still completed a cycle of action and the worry will disappear.

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                      You may be thinking about changing your name, surely 'so sad' is no longer appropriate!
                      'Sos Ad' just means an advertisement for sausages, doesn't it?

I find it hard to hang up the phone on people (rude)
                      Yes, hanging up on people is very rude. That's why I hang up on debt collectors instead.

Originally posted by billypre View Post
                      You can't pull the wool over Nitty's, i mean Niddy's, eyes
                      There's just thing I notice, Sosad. You've now been thanked 357 times, but you've never thanked anyone yourself. You thank people in your posts themselves, but you never click on that 'Thanks' button in the bottom right hand corner. It's not a big deal, but people do appreciate it.

Why not give your first official thanks to that guy with the 'Mr. Cool' avatar? If anyone deserves it, he does.

Especially after getting a knitted jumper instead of a CCA. I can just see him sitting there now with two needles in his hand, trying to work the pattern out.

"Knit one, purl one. Ach, they didnae teach me that on the terraces at Ibrox....."

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post

Especially after getting a knitted jumper instead of a CCA. I can just see him sitting there now with two needles in his hand, trying to work the pattern out.

"Knit one, purl one. Ach, they didnae teach me that on the terraces at Ibrox....."

SH

Comment

Hi Scabhunter,I'm sorry if I appeared rude regarding the thanks button i was wondering why I had been thanked as I hadn't helped anyone!!!!!! Please excuse my ignorance I am not computer litterate BUT I am learning I will use the thanks button especially to Niddy as he is taking some stick re:the knitting pattern.!!!

Thank you for your support and advice, I did buy some folders at the weekend and I am filing my letters as I deal with them ,also writing date on envelope when I received the letter ,and stapling the envelope to the letter I now have to learn to deal with the phone calls. I'm sure I'll be back on here with more questions x

Comment

Yea, titled Bank of scotland agreement

But you realised and sent the correct email shortly afterwards
                            should that not have been " knitted scotch mist"

Comment

Hi Niddy I have emailed you a new CCA that I received from HBoS yesterday woul appreciate if you would look it over thank you x

Comment

Is it a CCA or some gloves perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X