GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Starting out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Starting out

Thanks nanna for the strict order to ignore I will try, I really don't know as much as you guys but I am learning and I have read " knowledge is power".

Jon thank you for assuring me that it will get easier , I also went down the dmp route and it wasn't even making a dent in my total debts ,and yes my phone was ringing constantly I took the cowards way out, and took the plug out of the phone, bad I know!!! As Scabhunter has said you will eventually get the last word when your alleged debts become SB, roll on the next 5 years !!!!

Comment

Sosad
      Desnt that just say it all, when you have to have to unplug the phone so you can have a life.
      I was "lucky" that my DMP was run by a friend so I would call him at all times and after he told me off I emailed him everything.
      Crapquest kept calling me after I had written saying "in writing only" so one day I said its in writing only. Next thing I know I got a letter saying basically it was my fault and i was being unreasonable . These guys know exactly how we tick and how to get under our skin...until we find Niddy and Co

Comment

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
        Jon thank you for assuring me that it will get easier , I also went down the dmp route and it wasn't even making a dent in my total debts ,and yes my phone was ringing constantly I took the cowards way out, and took the plug out of the phone, bad I know!!!
        I'm nearly 2 years down the line with UE. The only phone calls i get these days are for PPI... And letters, the last one was a month ago. Can be tough going at the start, gets a helluva lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
          I'm nearly 2 years down the line with UE. The only phone calls i get these days are for PPI... And letters, the last one was a month ago. Can be tough going at the start, gets a helluva lot easier.
          I am 2 years with one, 12 months with another. I dont get ANY calls or ANY letters regards the UE.

Like swanny I get the PPI ones. Had one other day, told them I had claimed it all back. "But what about your car loan?"" - told him havent got one and got a rather low voiced "oh" before they hung up.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am 2 years down the line, dunno what i said nearly for.

Must be this knitting...

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
              I am 2 years down the line, dunno what i said nearly for.

Must be this knitting...
              pmsl

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                I am 2 years with one, 12 months with another. I dont get ANY calls or ANY letters regards the UE.
                You've done really well there.

I'm a full five and a half years into one with Crapbot Farcical, and they still keep wasting their money sending silly letters. For two whole years they just sent two idenitcal letters one after the other, every month. They must know its futile, but still they carry on.

BTW, it is past midnight now, and there are twice as many mods online as there are regular posters. Are you lot all insomniacs?

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                  Are you lot all insomniacs?

SH
                  No, vampires
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                    BTW, it is past midnight now, and there are twice as many mods online as there are regular posters. Are you lot all insomniacs?
                    No, i usually disappear for at least 5 hours kip at some point...

Comment

I thought you just didn't do any work

Comment

The telephone harassment is another story.

I pulled the phone plug out of the wall as well in 2006/7 when the nuisance was at its worst. Of course, it helps if you've got no living family and the only calls you ever get are nuisance calls anyway. The only reason I ever had a phone line in the first place was to get online. It also helps if you don't own a cell phone as those things get mercilessly abused as well.

Now, there is a much better answer. If you've got a standard phone line with broadband connection, all you need to do is get one of those cheap phones where the ringer can be switched off. You will still be able to phone out, but the idiots can make a million nuisance calls and you will never be disturbed.

Then, get a free Sipgate number and give that to your friends and family. You can download what they call a 'soft phone' and receive calls on that. If you are not at home or not online, the caller can leave a message and it will be sent as an mp3 attachment to your email address.

TrueCall is another solution, but that is not cheap. The Sipgate solution is free and the cheap handsets are less than ten quid.

I still haven't managed to find a solution for cell phones. If you type “truecall for cell phone” into Google, one of the first page listings is a post I made on the CAG in November 2009 asking for any possible trueCall type solution for cellular telephones. I'm no nearer finding a solution now than I was two and a half years ago.

As I don't own a cell phone it is not a great problem for me, but the number of cell phone owners in society is rising dramatically. I suspect I will soon have to get one whether I like it or not. I got a prepaid card last month, and the online application insisted on a cell phone number. It simply wouldn't go through without it. I was lucky, because for my Samsung netbook I've got a dongle which connects to the internet through the cell phone network. This meant I had a cell phone number even though I had no cell phone.

Anyway, with the modern smart phone it must be possible to build trueCall type functionality into a cell phone, and be able to block nuisance callers as you can on a land line. Does anybody know of an app which can do this? If not, we ought to get together and build one. I'm sure there would be plenty of potential customers.

SH

Comment

With android or Iphones you can download an app that will screen. there are some supposedly voice recorders for smart phones but for me they didn;t work . I know i could have saved the cost to a full n final but it was money i was given so i wanted to spend it. I think of Dad everytime i use it

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                            YES! We are Never-In-Bed like our Master.
                            I am never in bed (see the time!).....
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              I am never in bed (see the time!).....
                              But now must sleep as tired, man-flu and head fried with too much site coding.

Nite
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                But now must sleep as tired, man-flu and head fried with too much site coding.

Nite
                                Nite? That's getting up time!

Just like to re-iterate what the others have said SoSad.

I'm almost 2 years in and it does get a lot easier - the first few months are the worst. They bombard you with letters and calls and you're still feeling like you should be paying and not ignoring their love letters.

At one time, my diary was constantly on the first page of the UE diaries but, when I wanted to add my latest entry, it was on page 9 or something
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X