GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Starting out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starting out

Sosad, all i can say is this is undoubtedly a long and winding road, but life becomes easier, especially when you realise that most of what they say and throw at you is utter bullcrap. I had nearly a £1000 a month just on interest payments a month before i found this site, now i am not paying them a bean as things stand and am slowly getting my life sorted, no doubt some are enforceable but i have now had 6 months relief and still they all just want to phone me rather than send anything in the post. obviously i just ignore calls or pretend the person they want is not here, or they've got wrong number! Your at the right place here atb

Comment

don't worry about the house sosad, it would rare and exceptional circumstances that led to a forced sale and you are a long way from that, so just sit back relax and wait for the replies

Comment

Thank you Jon for your quick response much appreciated, I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions,
        In 2deep, I've read quite a few diaries and you seem to drop in with some witty response that always makes me smile, thank you .
        Global crossing thanks for your own personal experience it is good to know I'm not alone ,I couldn't see my debt coming down either.

Evenlessdopey I thank you for coming back so quickly with the answer to my biggest worry , Good to know I'm a long way from that ,now I will relax!!!!xx

Comment

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
          Thank you Jon for your quick response much appreciated, I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions,
          In 2deep, I've read quite a few diaries and you seem to drop in with some witty response that always makes me smile, thank you .
          Global crossing thanks for your own personal experience it is good to know I'm not alone ,I couldn't see my debt coming down either.

Evenlessdopey I thank you for coming back so quickly with the answer to my biggest worry , Good to know I'm a long way from that ,now I will relax!!!!xx

Hey the debt may not have come down, but at least i feel in control now, rather than at the mercy of the predators. And dont worry about the property for now, i have a mortgage and two buy 2 lets. Not that there's much equity but until any of them start court proceedings i shall play the game they play, in the meantime i actually have some sort of life rather than drowning with worry and anxiety. Wait for the responses and take it easy, were not criminals, we aint gonna do bird! Otherwise all the banks are pretty much fuc*ed!

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
            except yours....................
            Love you as well

Comment

Thank you Scabhunter for you're advice ,I already have a separate bank account as I was doing a self admin dmp
              Good. That's a great start. Many people don't even get that far.

you mentioned judgements does this mean they can force me to sell my house ? This is what really worries me
              Sorry, no, I didn't mean to frighten you, much the opposite in fact.

Although I'm a new poster on this site, I'm a seven year veteran of the UE scene and I made over 1,500 posts on another consumer forum before it went bad and then I discovered this one.

I've seen a lot of cases go to court, I've even written the defences for some of them. I've seen people get fair judgments and some extremely unfair ones. I've seen a cretin of a judge throw out a defence because he didn't think a credit card was a credit token (yes, really), and I've seen people have charging orders awarded against their property.

I have never, not even once, seen anyone forced to sell their house. That is not to say it cannot happen, but it is unlikely in the extreme. Even in the extremely unfair and biased legal system we live under today, it is completely frowned upon. Even more so since the start of this economic depression.

It is possible, just possible, that if a creditor obtains a County Court Judgment they could enforce it by means of a charging order on the property, which would mean that the creditor would get a part of the sale value when the house was sold. That is, if and when YOU decided to sell it, NOT them.

Of course, to get that far they would need to get a judgment in the first place, which they can only do by instigating proceedings at their own expense, proceedings which you would have every right to defend. As of now, you are a long way away from the possibility of that happening, so please don't worry about it.

I notice one thing from your posts, Sosad, and that is that you are reading everything and asking intelligent questions. That is a great sign. There is only one type of person which can't be helped on this forum, and that is the type which never listens. You are obviously not one of those.

My guess is that within a month or two you'll be making your own helpful posts on here and giving the benefit of your own experience to other people in need of a bit of reassurance.

You're doing everything right so far - keep it up! Any questions, just ask.

SH

Comment

What lovely people there are on this site, I am overwhelmed by all your replies.Thank you Scabhunter for you're advice ,I already have a separate bank account as I was doing a self admin dmp ,you mentioned judgements does this mean they can force me to sell my house ? This is what really worries me.

Thank you Grey Matter , Nanna58'! Jon1965 Swanfan, Pepe2008,,you're advice and support is much appreciated Im taking everything on board ,getting ready for the first replies to my cca requests dropping through my letter box ,then I'll probably panic and pester you with lots of questions .once again thank you.x
                Hi Sosad,
                I have 2 ccj against me both have tried to get a charging order both failed, if and only if they take you to court and geta ccj it will be set on what you can afford if it isnt you would go for a re determination then they could ask for a charging order, the judge in my case said no as long as we pay the judgement, so dont worry a very long way off.
                All the best

Comment

Today I received two letters from capquest .

The first one stated that they have forwarded my cca request to their client who will contact me directly in regards to my request . They advised me that a notice of assignment is not applicable as the account has not been sold,to us!!!!

The second one states that their client has advised them that they are unable to process my request without proof of signature they have returned the p.o. for a second time as I sent them the letter informing them they don't need my signature ,what do I do now ?
                  Do I send a letter to the original creditor capital one or just wait to see what they do next?

Thank you Scabhunter and Helmsman for your posts much appreciated and I feel a bit more positive knowing that they can't force me to sell my house
                  Scabhunter I really do hope that I will be able to give someone advice in the not so distant future thanks x

Comment

Reply with this
                    http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/temp...lity/s3-t2.php

Once that is sent I believe that you just sit back and relax
                    Last edited by jon1965; 28 April 2012, 16:28.

Comment

The first one stated that they have forwarded my cca request to their client who will contact me directly in regards to my request . They advised me that a notice of assignment is not applicable as the account has not been sold,to us!!!!

The second one states that their client has advised them that they are unable to process my request without proof of signature they have returned the p.o. for a second time as I sent them the letter informing them they don't need my signature ,what do I do now ?
                      Do I send a letter to the original creditor capital one or just wait to see what they do next?

Thank you Scabhunter and Helmsman for your posts much appreciated and I feel a bit more positive knowing that they can't force me to sell my house
                      Scabhunter I really do hope that I will be able to give someone advice in the not so distant future thanks x
                      Send this back-----> CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I think that one has already been sent hence why I suggested the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                          Forgive me if I am wrong, but I think that one has already been sent hence why I suggested the other one.
                          Show me.....
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Show me.....

I assumed that by that sosad was saying the letter you suggested had been sent.

Comment

Sosad.....can you confirm what you have sent ?

Comment

Thanks for your replies sorry if I'm confusing you , I always seem to want things done like yesterday (less I forget!!!) , ,perhaps I should do as Pepe and Alland suggested to me about not rushing, and there being plenty of time to respond to my creditors , yes Jon I did send that first letter away ,they sent the p.o. back to me stating they required a signed request .

Comment

Working...
                                X