GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Starting out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Starting out

Definitely a CCA Swanfan (I hope) x

Comment

You're never going to live down the knitting pattern are you?
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
        ...or some gloves perhaps?
        As long as they're not green and white hoops.....

SH

Comment

I don't mind I can't believe I did it, it was Niddy who was getting some stick yesterday , so i deserve some and I REALLY do hope I've emailed the CCA lol x

Comment

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
            Barclaycard (credit card).
            now dealing with MOORECROFT.

Start date 2002/4ish

Balance £5103
            Last full payment 2009.

APRIL 12TH , cancelled dmp payments and requested CCA

April 16th , received letter from Moorecroft they have requested documentation from Baeclaycard.
            May 19th Received letter from moorecroft saying they understand their client has sent CCA request ( which they haven't) do I ignore or reply stating I haven't received any docs?

Comment

May 19th Received letter from moorecroft saying they understand their client has sent CCA request ( which they haven't) do I ignore or reply stating I haven't received any docs?
              Just ignore see what they send next...........
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks In 2 Deep will do as you have advised x

Comment

wonderfull ignoring skills sosad xx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Hi Nanna, I find ignoring very hard I feel I should be doing something ,to prevent something "bad"" happening . BUT!!! I'm learning x

Comment

Hi Nanna, I find ignoring very hard I feel I should be doing something ,to prevent something "bad"" happening . BUT!!! I'm learning x
                      It is often the ignoring itself which prevents the bad thing from happening. 'Doing something' is usually exactly what the enemy wants you to do, which is why every threat letter ends with a 'call to action' to get you on the telephone.

Once that happens, they can bully you unmercifully, tell lies they would not dare print in a letter, and try to break you down.

You certainly are learning, and doing extremely well. I can think of another thread where someone posted that they were frightened and asked for advice, and then they never logged into the forum ever again to read the replies!

Those are the people who can't be helped, the ones who don't listen. Yours is a model thread of exactly what someone should be doing when they are in this situation.

Especially when you email a CCA instead of a knitting pattern.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                        Especially when you email a CCA instead of a knitting pattern.
                        Now, now it's an easy mistake to make for a woman person...

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and support I'm beginning to feel at home here it's a lovely place to be you people are so helpful and understanding ,I suppose it's because you know exactly how I'm feeling.

Scabhunter I thought I'd heard the last of the knitting pattern saga ,it was funny though!! And yes you're right about the creditors bullying over the telephone I have come off the phone crying and utterly exhausted after pleading with them to accept my payment offers ,I have been reading various diaries and there is no way I could do this all on my own ,so I will not be disappearing from the forum,even if you bring up the pattern saga a hundred times !!!!!!!!!and you're right Swanfan an easy mistake!!!!ahem

Thank you Flower Power for pre warning me about big red letters ,charging orders ,etc. all of which I will TRY and ignore,it's just a good feeling to know I'm not going to be alone and have the support and knowledge of all you people
                          thank you xxx

Comment

You will ignore !!!!!!!! and thats that ,all they want is to scare you into submission cos they think you know nothing and they want their commision,rest easy you will soon be able to swat um of pretty damn quick
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Sosad
                              I think I may have said this before but I find ignoring just so hard. Not only that but being my fathers son I just HAVE to have the last word, so ignoring and having the last word do not go well together.
                              But I have to say this lot have been very patient with me, unlike some others I could mention
                              You seem to be doing really well and it does get easier, I went down the debt management plan for a few years and wasted loads of money but at the start of that my phone rang non stop. In fact i wonder if my old work number is still ringing lol. Now it is ringing again but I feel I have the power to say go away and laugh at the letters they send

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                                Sosad
                                I think I may have said this before but I find ignoring just so hard. Not only that but being my fathers son I just HAVE to have the last word, so ignoring and having the last word do not go well together.
                                But I have to say this lot have been very patient with me, unlike some others I could mention
                                You seem to be doing really well and it does get easier, I went down the debt management plan for a few years and wasted loads of money but at the start of that my phone rang non stop. In fact i wonder if my old work number is still ringing lol. Now it is ringing again but I feel I have the power to say go away and laugh at the letters they send
                                Patience, Jon, Patience.

Eventually, all of these alleged debts will go SB, and then you can and will have the last word. And it will be a very meaningful one.

SH

Comment

Working...
                                X