GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script TSB NIGHTMARE - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSB NIGHTMARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB NIGHTMARE

Hiya Everyone,
    i would really appreciate some guidance on the following
    I had 5 accounts with TSB Current acc/ bank loan/ 3 credit cards. All turned out a nightmare for me but no one to blame but myself. I was very ill and no longer able to work I had no money coming in and was robbing Peter to pay Paul result serious difficulties with these accounts. Went to debt advice centre who took over everything for me.
    going through my files the other week and found serious errors may have occurred I'll start with the worst one first.

In Feb1992 took out bank loan for £2100
    In March 1993 got I to difficulties had PPI informed bank would be claiming
    received letter from bank insufficient funds to pay loan payment £124.79 charged £15 for letter
    this went on for quite a few months while my claim was being sorted out.
    as a result of all the charges I now have an overdrawn balance on my current account of £580
    Letters going back and forth about this and then to my horror I get court papers claiming £2091.51 plus £142.50 costs total £2233.01
    Could not understand why the PPI was now been paid every month for the full amount
    Then what did they do well you won't believe it they claimed again for the same loan in different court this time for £1582.35 plus £116 costs total £1698.35 but insurance were still sending them monthly payments
    I have never had any statements from TSB for all the years I've been repaying them then out of the blue a few weeks ago I received statements for payments from 1993 to 2014 it shows closing balance at 1/5/14 £1119.88 I queried this with
    SECHIARI CLARK &MITCHELL who said it was correct and I must continue to pay as it has a CCJ on it but were willing to give me a discount to close this matter, I asked how much she said £900 oh that a good discount she replied NO NO
    you pay us the £900 Ha ha ya hav'n a laugh.
    In June 93 balance on loan was only £1144.38 yet they claimed £2090.51 letter from them stating they had now withdrawn the court order.
    found another letter from SCM FEB 1995 it says that a further 7 payments of £124.79 has been received (ppi)
    court case withdrawn we have now consolidated the overdraft of £593.03 in the loan an the new balance is now £1323.98
    No further charges or costs have been added to the account since 1993
    Well I'm more confused than ever, Should have gone over this years ago
    Wondering where to go with this now
    Any help with this will be much appreciated. Thanks

Re: TSB NIGHTMARE

This is quite confusing! Could you please write is out with dates, amounts and a short narrative to each point.

can you confirm did you have PPI? Was it paid out and for how long? You mention 2 court cases and one CCJ. Do you have any paperwork for these?

I'm not sure, but if the CCJ was granted a while ago and you were aware of it then I think it may be too late to contest. Have you been paying ever since it was granted?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Cymruambyth
      Sorry it's confusing trying to do to much quickly will redo

Comment

[QUOTE=Oldandblue;410968]Thanks Cymruambyth
        Sorry it's confusing trying to do to much quickly will redo[
        Last edited by Oldandblue; 29 June 2014, 18:58. Reason: Posted twice

Comment

Thanks,
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Feb92 loan £2100 plus charge for credit £549.12 plus PPI £345.84 total of loan. £2994.96. Monthly payments £124.79
            from March 92 to Dec92. 10x£124.79=£1247.90. Balance £1747.06
            Jan 93 returned loan payment insufficient funds
            Feb93. Same
            I informed bank of illness and submitted claim.
            Mar93 moved to recoveries dept. Again explained circumstances and I had submitted PPI claim
            Mar93 bank sent letter loan payment returned insufficient funds why don't I claim on insurance
            April93 letter requesting I contact debt recoveries dept Contacted debt advice centre who wrote to bank and again explained what was going on she also asked if they would refund the £90 bank charges also submitted I&E and offered a token payment of £1.
            May93 letter from SECHIARI CLARK & MITCHELL accepted token payment sent paying book but were also said a summons has been issued for the fixed interest loan for £2216.51
            May93 another letter from SCM they have now instructed the court to enter judgement against me for £2233.01 different amounts. And to pay £75pm
            i contacted my branch who said my loan balance was £1123.06. As 5 payments had been received from insurance
            I informed SCM who then confirmed that legal action had been stopped
            June93 another letter from SCM We confirm that legal action has been stopped and withdrawn from the court, our client TSB has confirmed that the loan account is not in arrears and are receiving payments from the insurance company,
            your balance is now £1716.14 this is because an additional amount of £593.03 unauthorised O/D has been consolidated into the loan band we have suspended the interest

October94 here we go again received court summons for loan again , this time a different court and for £1582.35 sent letter back requesting statement for loan and current account
            Nov 94 Letter from SCM contacted TSB for docs in the case of TSB vs ME amount claimed £1698.35. Different balance again.
            Feb95 SCM again here is your loan agreement and statement showing all your payments from March 92 to March 93 and balance of £1497.48 plus the addition of £593.03 for the consolidated overdraft.
            we have received a further 7 payments of £124.79 hence the new balance of £1323.98 Can I now make proposal for payment of the outstanding balance
            also could I contact the court and withdraw my defence.
            I offered to continued with the token payment of £1 they accepted so have paid this right up to now and my balance as of
            1/5/2014 is still £1119.88
            SCM are now trying to say that the first CCJ is active yet I have quite a few letters from them saying the action was withdrawn.
            I am at a total loss with this just don't know where to start. Any advice please

Comment

If you have both sets of court papers get in touch with the courts with the reference numbers and ask what happened with these cases. This way you will find out if a CCJ has been awarded. Once you have this information we can look into what action, if any, can be taken.
              i am not sure if you can go in to court or if you have to write.

Comment

Thanks Cymruambyth ,
                i have already been to the 2 courts concerned as they are local to me both said no trace and due to the time factor the papers would have been destroyed. I do still have the original papers
                No ccj's appeared on my credit files and nor did the so called debt And I was checking both CRA'S regular .
                I was able to get 2 mortgages in 96 and 98
                I don't think that would be possible with ccj,s
                i still have piles of statements letters etc. from 1992 onwards. I have been going to dispose of these quite a few times over the last 20years but funnily though something always told me to hang on to them. Pleased I did

Comment

The only other place that you could check is Trust online which is a record of CCJs, though I'm not sure how far back this goes. From my limited knowledge I think clarification of whether here is any outstanding legal order against you will have a bearing on things as you are paying £1 pcm it is still being enforced.

Comment

Morning Cymruambyth
                    I've been checking through my papers again and what SCM are now saying is that the ccj numberxxxxx is active whereas I have docs that state this has been withdrawn so no ccj.
                    they also say in writing that they have consolidated my overdraft onto my loan, I never signed a new agreement or gave consent to do so.
                    the balances on the loan were changing every week
                    I think two many fingers in the pie. Insurance was being paid and yet the balance was going up not down.
                    do you think I should SAR them and see what they paperwork they do have. I have a feeling that they don't have any now.
                    Thank you

Comment

Good morning, yes I would send a SAR. As the account is still open there 'should' be paperwork. I would also send a CCA request as I don't think there will be an agreement! Having just checked Trustonline, records are only shown for 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                        Good morning, yes I would send a SAR. As the account is still open there 'should' be paperwork. I would also send a CCA request as I don't think there will be an agreement! Having just checked Trustonline, records are only shown for 6 years.
                        Thanks Cymruambyth
                        Can I just ask SAR to TSB the OC or SCM their Solicitors, or both
                        The CCA say can't have it as it now has a CCJ, anyway I have the original and they asked me to send them a copy of this and the CCJ. So they could have another look at my account NO CHANCE. I'll just continue to pay the £1pm.
                        Only 99 years to go. O I'll be 156 LOL

Comment

Hiya everyone,
                          Monday, got me head together and went through my accounts from the beginning found numerous discrepancies ,so I listed them and didn't believe what I found, I was really mad to think I had worried for 20 years about this. So I phoned SCM Solicitors who are handling my accounts. Here's how it went.

First I disputed the outstanding balance of £1100 as of 1/5/14. Said this was correct.
                          Well if the CCJ was for £1700. PPI paid £1497 and I paid token payments of £1 since 1993 no way could I still owe £1100. REPLY. Just pay the £1100 and we'll close the account . (R ya hav'n laugh)
                          what if we say half then. NO WAY
                          £100 then NO NO NO I won't be paying any more money Anyway the CCJ I thought was active was WITHDRAWN.
                          Yes that's correct. ( wish I'd known this earlier)
                          Did I have any evidence that the PPI was actually paid. YES and have letters from YOU acknowledging this.
                          Can u send them to us NO
                          You still own the overdraft of £590. ( all bank charges)
                          NO you consolidated this with the loan without my consent which I believe that you were not allowed to do
                          again asked to send evidence. NO
                          Conversation went on for quite a while eventually he said O.K. As of now your balance is nil
                          Put that in writing please. Yes I will.
                          While I'm on the CCJ's on my 2 credit cards that happened at the same time as my loan can you confirm where I stand on them.
                          You don't have any, they were withdrawn as we accepted your token payments, your account no xxxx has been passed back to TSB and account no xxxx was sold in 2008 to FREDRICKSON so just continue to pay as arranged.
                          as these were from 1993 I think is time I sent CCA requests. I did send one to Fred's last year and came back with
                          we have contacted the OC and you are not entitled to CCA as account has CCJ. I need to try and work this one out now.
                          Anyway sorry for going on , but good news Yesterday received a letter from SCM SOLICITORS confirming that I will no longer be pursued for the outstanding balance of £1100 . Account closed.
                          just like to say a big THANK YOU for all the advice and support I've received from you all at AAD
                          Now I'll crack on with the credit card accounts .
                          Thank you again.

Comment

Great result...keep that letter safe oldandblue.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              Great result...keep that letter safe oldandblue.
                              Thank you pixie I will, I won't be letting this one out of my sight.

Comment

Working...
                              X