GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script TSB NIGHTMARE - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSB NIGHTMARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TSB NIGHTMARE

I'm a bit confused here - in post #23 you mention Robinson Way, who apparently had bought the debt in 2008, and you also mention Freds in the same post. On who's behalf are Freds chasing you?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
      This is a sorry tale of deception.

Just a query regarding Freds' reply - Even if there was a ccj, surely it is not correct that they can refuse a CCA74 request on those grounds?

I suspect that as TSB were taken over by Lloyds many years ago, any original documentation is no longer available.
      Hiya Still Waving,
      Well they are insisting they are correct, me being naive before I found AAD, I took them at their word
      i also think the original docs have gone , luckily I kept everything
      They have even asked me for copies of my doc' s just last week. NO. CHANCE.

Comment

whoever is dealing now, never mind what has happened in the past, some of ours have been through 10 DCAs................whoever wrote the letter last week, get the CCA off to them. They have to address it even if it's only to come back and say they can't find it, but the MUST address it.

keep everything else should we need it later

Comment

[QUOTE=Still Waving;412702]I'm a bit confused here - in post #23 you mention Robinson Way, who apparently had bought the debt in 2008, and you also mention Freds in the same post. On who's behalf are Freds chasing you?[/QUOTE
          Whoops, sorry about that. Head all over the place. It is Robinson Way and Not Fred's

Comment

no need to get harassed about this, cos it's only money, we'll get it sorted and cleared up then you will know a certain way forward which is all anyone needs.

try not to worry, get out in the sunshine and relax

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
              whoever is dealing now, never mind what has happened in the past, some of ours have been through 10 DCAs................whoever wrote the letter last week, get the CCA off to them. They have to address it even if it's only to come back and say they can't find it, but the MUST address it.

keep everything else should we need it later
              Thanks Mrs D, Understand, it's Robinson Way then , will send CCA tomorrow

Comment

goodo, then sit an wait for a reply and remember no nattering to anyone on that phone!!!

Comment

goodo, then sit an wait for a reply and remember no nattering to anyone on that phone!!!
                  Gotcha will do
                  I'll just chill now.
                  Advice really appreciated. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Oldandblue View Post
                    SECHIARI CLARK &MITCHELL
                    They used to be a firm of solicitors, but they're now just the TSB, in-house, threat monkeys - link

Comment

I was able to get 2 mortgages in 96 and 98
                      I don't think that would be possible with ccj,s
                      However desperate the mortgage provider might have been for your custom, it does seem unlikely that they'd overlook an unpaid CCJ.

Hence, I do believe it might be reasonable to conclude that capita eorum sunt plenis stercorum

Comment

consider yourself well and truly smacked and NO MORE PHONECALLS EVER!!!! to these shysters. Don't answer the phone from them either, just say if they have anything to say they need to put it in writing
                        Or have some fun with the jerks - link

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                          I'm a bit confused here - in post #23 you mention Robinson Way, who apparently had bought the debt in 2008, and you also mention Freds in the same post. On whose behalf are Freds chasing you?
                          Whoops, sorry about that. Head all over the place. It is Robinson Way and Not Fred's
                          One bunch of bone-headed gobshites is much like another.

If a CCJ had been given against you prior to 2008, they may find it a bit difficult to enforce it now.

They may also find it difficult to try suing again over that same debt.

They'd not have such difficulties if there was no CCJ but, then, they'd have to comply with your s78 request.

Comment

Hiya all,
                            CCA request sent to Robinson Way and also to TSB and Credit Security for my other 2 credit cards, will wait and see what come's back
                            Going through all my old papers again ( doing my head in ) think something is wrong here.

Final Reminder letter 17/11/92. States. Bal £1050. Payment. £152
                            Pay £99 today to avoid Default Notice and £10 admin fee for this.
                            Received a number of letters from TSB and SCM Solicitors threatening action I kept making offers of payment but refused as they found costs in my I&E to be "Excessive" Informed them again this was impossible as I was living on income support.
                            Accepted offer of £1.50. Interest stopped.
                            2/3/93 Account Defaulted. Bal £1050
                            16/3/93 letter from SCM solicitors, writing on behalf of client TSB and in response to my letter of 10/2/93
                            accounts have been passed to us and confirm interest stopped. County court action has been issued on the numbered accounts.
                            Still hadn't received CCA'S Current outstanding balance etc,
                            requested them again , SCM said I had CCJ'S on these accounts and sent me copies of court papers, dated 11/3/93 amount £1220.34. I filed them away and just paid the agreed payments and STILL PAYING 20 years on. Feared the consequences
                            i have just discovered that what they sent were NOT judgements like they have always said but only summons's
                            How bloody stupid have I been, Give myself a swift kick
                            Never ever received anything from the court. So I still don't know if I have CCJ' S or not

Comment

Think I would write and ask for the details of any judgements that have been made against you. Or you could wait for RW to reply to the CCA request.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I do have a letter from FRED'S from 2013 saying there's a CCJ and a number, checked with the court but NO TRACE. The court said that when the debt was sold in 2008 the DCA should have entered their name on the CCJ. (If there was one in the first place ) And there was a time limit of 12 months to do so otherwise it was dead
                                If the CCJ dates from 1993, then it is effectively dead.

Section 24 (link) of the Limitation Act 1980 should preclude any attempt being made to enforce any such judgement.

Comment

Working...
                                X