GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script TSB NIGHTMARE - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSB NIGHTMARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TSB NIGHTMARE

Originally posted by Oldandblue View Post
    Must admit that was on old letter from 93. I've had numerous letters over the years but never signed with a persons name, always SECHIARI CLARK & MITCHELL . The last letter from them was June 14 not signed but had name Philippa Simmons. Solicitor SCM part of in house litigation dept of Lloyds. Checked links but nothing came up for her.
    She's genuine and has been soliciting since 1st November, 1991 - link.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      She's genuine and has been soliciting since 1st November, 1991 - link.
      Thanks CleverClogs
      I managed to find it post #119. Sorry I'am a bit thick, so if all my other letters were from SECHIARI and MITCHELL that means they could be dodgy?

Comment

I managed to find it post #119.
        So I saw, after I'd checked.

Sorry I'am a bit thick, so if all my other letters were from SECHIARI and MITCHELL that means they could be dodgy?
        That depends on when they were sent, as that firm of lawyer did once exist and, though not part of the TSB or Lloyds Banking Group, Lloyds-TSB was their main client.

When one of the partners died and the other one(s) retired, Lloyds-TSB purchased the name and style of their former solicitors, to use as the trading name of part of their Recoveries Department. Obviously, they should not have sent any letters from that department claiming to be from a firm of solicitors,

Comment

You've had hassle from them as well, did you manage to get them off you're back ?
          I played letter tennis for many years until 2010. They issued a claim which Andrew dealt with. Most of my battle was pre AAD, so with the forum's help they can be dealt with.

- - - Updated - - -

You've had hassle from them as well, did you manage to get them off you're back ?
          I played letter tennis for many years until 2010. They issued a claim which Andrew dealt with. Most of my battle was pre AAD, so with the forum's help they can be dealt with.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            So I saw, after I'd checked.

That depends on when they were sent, as that firm of lawyer did once exist and, though not part of the TSB or Lloyds Banking Group, Lloyds-TSB was their main client.

When one of the partners died and the other one(s) retired, Lloyds-TSB purchased the name and style of their former solicitors, to use as the trading name of part of their Recoveries Department. Obviously, they should not have sent any letters from that department claiming to be from a firm of solicitors,
            Evening CleverClogs.
            So am I i understanding this right, years ago when SCM existed would they have had an address different from the TSB address, cos the address on all my correspondence from 93 to 14. SCM or TSB CDR DEPT, BRIGHTON which is a bit confusing

Comment

[QUOTE=cymruambyth;427832]I played letter tennis for many years until 2010. They issued a claim which Andrew dealt with. Most of my battle was pre AAD, so with the forum's help they can be dealt with.

- - - Updated - - -

Evening Cymruambyth
              Good on ya girl really pleased you got a result.
              It's been 20 years for me, and still plodding on but hav'in found AAD I'am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.

All the best

Comment

So am I i understanding this right, years ago when SCM existed would they have had an address different from the TSB address
                Yes.

Comment

Morning all,
                  Update. After receiving a recon Niddy says Unenforceable . On the 23 Aug I sent TSB CCA query terms & conditions received. Letter back yesterday briefly says
                  Enclosed recon copies of agreements for both accounts. We have supplied copy of the agreements complying with s78 which contains all the prescribed terms. We don't have to produce an actual copy of the signed document. Reg 3(2)(b)Consumer Credit cancellation notice and copies of docs Regs 1983.
                  These appear to be identical to what was sent before and are only copies of up to date T&C's, nothing to do with the original agreements.
                  Back in AUG.they offered £50 for my inconvenience if I supplied them with my bank details, that was a definite NO NO.
                  so I just ignored it, then out of the blue I got a cheque for £100. In the letter yesterday they say as they failed to supply me with the agreements which is not their usual standard of service so they have arranged to pay me a further £75 which I'll receive in the next 7 days.
                  Well you've got to laugh when the state this is not their usual standard of service then only send T&Cs again

Comment

they did much the same with Hubby's account, then sold it on.
                    It was such a pleasure to send the new DCA a copy of the letter saying " we cannot supply you with any agreement"
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                      they did much the same with Hubby's account, then sold it on.
                      It was such a pleasure to send the new DCA a copy of the letter saying " we cannot supply you with any agreement"

Thanks Nightwatch.
                      I have 3 old TSB accounts 1992/3 one has been sold on, been trying to get agreements for a few years now. They've admitted numerous times verbally that they no longer have these but no matter how much I try will not put this in writing

Comment

Thanks Nightwatch.
                        I have 3 old TSB accounts 1992/3 one has been sold on, been trying to get agreements for a few years now. They've admitted numerous times verbally that they no longer have these but no matter how much I try will not put this in writing
                        that is why you do not speak with them, keep nagging at them and any DCA they send the account to in writing only, they will give up or admit it some day.

best wishes NW

Comment

that is why you do not speak with them, keep nagging at them and any DCA they send the account to in writing only, they will give up or admit it some day.

best wishes NW
                          Thanks Nightwatch,
                          Since finding AAD I realise now where I've gone wrong in the past, but I'm learning.
                          Niddy's a very busy man and I don't think I should sent him latest things to check as they look identical to what they sent me before.So will I just sit back and wait to see if they come back asking me to recommence payments on the accounts or pass them on to a DCA

Comment

if they look identical they most probably are, so doing nothing for now sounds like a good plan, enjoy the rest of your weekend.NW

Comment

if they look identical they most probably are, so doing nothing for now sounds like a good plan, enjoy the rest of your weekend.NW
                              Thanks Nightwatch,
                              Yes I'll just wait and see Its a lovely day here sun shinning think I'll just chill in the garden may even have a wee dram later. You have a good weekend too. Thanks again

Comment

UPDATE.
                                Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                                whoever is dealing now, never mind what has happened in the past, some of ours have been through 10 DCAs................whoever wrote the letter last week, get the CCA off to them. They have to address it even if it's only to come back and say they can't find it, but the MUST address it.

keep everything else should we need it later
                                Thanks Mrs D, Understand, it's Robinson Way then , will send CCA tomorrow
                                Received letter today from ROBBERS WAY,
                                We acknowledge your recent communication and write to inform you that the account to which it was referring to is now closed. We will pass any documentation /information to our clients to deal with accordingly.
                                You can contact them at the following address
                                HPH2 ex TSB
                                London Scottish House
                                Salford
                                Very strange it's the same address as ROBBERS. But need to check will I have to resend CCA request to HPH2 or should I just ignore for now

Comment

Working...
                                X