GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script TSB NIGHTMARE - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSB NIGHTMARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TSB NIGHTMARE

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    Think I would write and ask for the details of any judgements that have been made against you. Or you could wait for RW to reply to the CCA request.
    Morning Cymruambyth ,
    Honestly, this lot don't know there arse from their elbow. I've got a letter from SCM saying Court Case WITHDRAWN.
    TSB say judgement expired account to old so sold account on ( no NoA) received from them
    ROBWAY say they DONT have to supply CCA. Asked them why
    Replied you have a CCJ. Here's the number
    Supply me with a copy of it. NO you are not allowed one. Why not. Couldn't answer that one,
    asked the for a statement of account as I have NEVER had one. Received it yesterday.
    Well. " steps back in amazement "
    1993 original balance £1050. Interest & charges frozen. Token payments of £2pm. Paid every month for 20 + years
    Statement only shows 6 payments
    Closing balance on 19/6/2014. Wait for it. Are you ready. £900. YES. £900 think they need to learn how to use their abacus .
    I've heard they'll take the eyeballs out of you. But these B-----d's want my sockets as well
    I'll see what they come back with next. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      If the CCJ dates from 1993, then it is effectively dead.

Section 24 (link) of the Limitation Act 1980 should preclude any attempt being made to enforce any such judgement.
      Morning CleverClogs, Thanks for that, but you know these DCA'S, they just don't want to know , they are a law unto themselves or so they think

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        If the CCJ dates from 1993, then it is effectively dead.

Section 24 (link) of the Limitation Act 1980 should preclude any attempt being made to enforce any such judgement.
        As £2 pcm is still being paid for this 'judgement' then I thought it would still be alive if it ever existed.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good morning OaB, another 20 years and it will be clear !
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good morning OaB, another 20 years and it will be clear !
            I they can dream on, unless they come up with something concrete. I'll be fighting back
            Attached Files

Comment

You know you are winning the battle when you look forward to the post so that you can plot your next action.....

Comment

You know you are winning the battle when you look forward to the post so that you can plot your next action.....
                YEAH. REVENGE.

Comment

As £2 pcm is still being paid for this 'judgement' then I thought it would still be alive if it ever existed.
                  I would disagree.

You would appear to have remembered paragraphs five to seven of section 29 (link) of the Act, but those paragraphs refer to the original cause of action rather than to enforcement of any alleged judgement as section 24 (link) states. Nor does section 38 (10) (link) help much - if at all - other than to inform one why lawyers make laws.

Of course. if no CCJ had been obtained, then the debt would still be "live" due to that payments having been made - but Robbers Way would then have to explain to the court how an alleged debt of £ 1050 now stood at £ 900, despite some £ 480 having been paid towards it.
                  Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 12 July 2014, 09:21.

Comment

Hiya, After sending off CCA requests for my TSB credit cards earlier this month,
                    One to Rob/way replied back will contact TSB account on hold.
                    one to TSB letter today returning my letter and P.O. Saying please send another P.O./ Cheque and quote your account number so we can pay it into your LOAN account. LOAN NO ITS A CREDIT CARD.
                    Thought I had made a mistake with account numbers or something so I phoned them to ask what was going on
                    this was a CCA request for a credit card. Could not believe what came next.
                    We do not accept postal orders. OH WHY. Because the post office will not cash them. What a load of BS.
                    Asked how do I get get copy of my agreement , Send us a written request. I have you sent it back. Ah well send it again,
                    I said well if you don't accept postal orders what about the £1 fee. Replied. You need to go into a branch pay your £1 fee tell them it's for a copy of agreement.
                    What the hells going on here, Any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldandblue View Post
                      What the hells going on here, Any suggestions.
                      They appear to be playing silly buggers.

I sent them a blank £1 postal order with a CCA request, and they sent it all back saying they couldn't accept payment as it was not made payable to them, and I should send another cheque/postal order payable to Lloyds Bank (a/c H**S) and quoting the loan agreement number, if I still wish to pay this money into my loan. NO, NO, NO!!!

I don't have a loan with them, and the CCA request clearly said the fee was not to be used for any other purpose (watch that they don't pay your £1 fee into your account). The letter came from a County Durham address which was not where I sent the request. The letter seems to be from the Service Delivery department, who don't read the CCA request properly, or don't understand how to deal with it.

I doubt whether your local branch would be clued up on how to deal with a CCA request either.

Comment

utter load of bollocks

and you're phoning them again, they can say anything and it's all inadmissable because it's on the PHONE!!!!!

send this to Lloyds http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...ability-threat

and no phoning

Comment

one to TSB letter today returning my letter and P.O. Saying please send another P.O./ Cheque and quote your account number so we can pay it into your LOAN account. LOAN NO ITS A CREDIT CARD.
                          They're definitely playing silly buggers. No way do you want it paying into any account....that'd reset the SB clock.

Agree with MrsD...you DO NOT phone them for any reason ...EVERYTHING in writing
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                            They appear to be playing silly buggers.

I sent them a blank £1 postal order with a CCA request, and they sent it all back saying they couldn't accept payment as it was not made payable to them, and I should send another cheque/postal order payable to Lloyds Bank (a/c H**S) and quoting the loan agreement number, if I still wish to pay this money into my loan. NO, NO, NO!!!

I don't have a loan with them, and the CCA request clearly said the fee was not to be used for any other purpose (watch that they don't pay your £1 fee into your account). The letter came from a County Durham address which was not where I sent the request. The letter seems to be from the Service Delivery department, who don't read the CCA request properly, or don't understand how to deal with it.

I doubt whether your local branch would be clued up on how to deal with a CCA request either.
                            Hiya Still Waving, I agree, My request was sent to the Brighton office, and the above was exactly what I got back.
                            I phoned the number on the letter first, was told no such account number blah blah I was passed on to the manager who said the same, he did trace me with a current account number and said that I had 2 accounts with them from the 90's and they were closed several years ago, I asked where my monthly payments were going that pay on a Lloyds payment book into the bank, He checked the credit card number again, and said it was a old TSB ACC (yes that's correct) and they never handled this account suggest you contact TSB. Well to say I wasn't happy, so I phone the Brighton number and that where I got that load of BS. Buy he did also say if I gave him my debit or credit card no he would sought it out for me. Umm I bet ya will. Ya hav'in a laugh or what.
                            There's something not right here, How did you come on with yours. Any joy?

Comment

Thank you Mrs D and Pixie
                              I know I shouldn't get on the phone but I just couldn't help myself today, I wasn't a happy bunny receiving such a ridiculous reply, I wonder if these people are out to totally confuse us or are they just bloody stupid full stop. Makes you question how they get these jobs.
                              Promise I'll keep off the phone from now on. Will get that letter off on Monday Thanks again

Comment

Hiya, After sending off CCA requests for my TSB credit cards earlier this month,
                                One to Rob/way replied back will contact TSB account on hold.
                                Thought I had made a mistake with account numbers or something so I phoned them to ask what was going on
                                this was a CCA request for a credit card. Could not believe what came next.
                                We do not accept postal orders. OH WHY. Because the post office will not cash them. What a load of BS.
                                Asked how do I get get copy of my agreement , Send us a written request. I have you sent it back. Ah well send it again,
                                I said well if you don't accept postal orders what about the £1 fee. Replied. You need to go into a branch pay your £1 fee tell them it's for a copy of agreement.
                                Hiya all. Update on TSB CCA request.
                                Went into branch and explained I had sent a CCA request to Brighton office but they returned it and said contact your branch. The guy said he would help and phoned them, he said I would receive copies of all paperwork that they have within the next 14 days. He commented that it was strange what was happening with CCA requests and he had dealt with a few of these over the past couple of weeks.

Received letter today from TSB stating your balance is £xxx Phone with payment . Debit or Credit card accepted
                                Not a happy bunny, so went back to branch asked what was going on. The same guy phoned them again, they said they had no statements, no copies of my agreement etc, as the account was to old. I asked for this to be put in writing, came back and said they are unable to do this. WHY. We don't have to enter into any further correspondence as we have given your outstanding balance in writing to you.

Any suggestions? Will I just leave it and wait and see if they contact me for the monthly payments or will I send them a CCA request. FINAL DEMAND letter, or maybe something else
                                Thanks
                                Last edited by Pixie; 1 August 2014, 17:21. Reason: tidied quote

Comment

Working...
                                X