GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lilly's Repossession - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilly's Repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrsD
    replied
    Re: Daughter

I'm not an expert either but have Northern Rock been informed of the circumstances and was it a joint mortgage?

Leave a comment:

• diddlydee
    replied
    Re: Daughter

I am not the best person to help, but I'm sure someone will come pop along soon to assist.

I do need to ask though, was there definitely no life cover for the mortgage? Did her hubby have any sort of pension?

These things are often forgotten in times of grief.

xx

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied
    Daughter

Hi Guys, just wanted some advise, my dauhters husband died in 2010, he was 36, he was diabetic and had a hypogylcemic attack in his car and did not survive. He left her with a mortgage of £147,500 and a secured loan for £9000. The house is being valued tomorrow (approx £160,000 I think). She has come to the decision that she needs to sell and pay off her debts and then rent a smaller house for her and the two children. Nothern Rock have issues reposesion court proceeding for £11,000 arrears Court date March 28th. Just wondered what should she do next. Any advice would be appreciated, many thanks Pez

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied
    Re: Secured loans UE

The problem is probably that you have been paying it, they will come back and ask why you haven't asked sooner, hard but probably true.

I would definitely be asking for the paperwork, probably sar them so that you get everything and then we can have a look at what you get back and take it from there.

Leave a comment:

• lilly1203
    replied

Yes, I've checked through everything but have no paperwork for the original loan.

Leave a comment:

• mgfboy
    replied

Hi

I assume that you have checked though any paperwork that you may have at home?

Leave a comment:

• lilly1203
    started a topic Lilly's Repossession

Lilly's Repossession

My husband took out a joint secured loan in approximately 2005 with GE money for £10 000. My husband died in 2010 and I am left paying this debt which is crippling myself and my two teenage children. I am not in default and have managed to keep up all the payments but this means that at times my children have to go without. I don't recall signing any documents and it is a possibility that my husband forged my signature. Can anyone advise on how I might be able to resolve this issue.
Working...
X