GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lilly's Repossession - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilly's Repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixie
    replied
    Re: Lilly1203 Diary

At least you can now draw a line under this Lilly...sometimes walking away is the best thing to do x

Leave a comment:

• tastyjane
    replied

Glad its over for you Lilly - you and the children are what's important and it sounds like you have a plan

Have a lovely Easter.

Jane x

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by pezman65 View Post
    Hi everyone, its all over.
    On to the next chapter in your life with a weight off your mind

I see no need to give NRAM a forwarding address Set up a Royal Mail re-direct and walk away from the problem

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    Thinking of you Lilly...how did it go hun?

Elsa xxx
    Hi everyone, its all over. We had a two hour wait and then we were only in for three minutes, not too scary but glad its all over. They were granted a 7 day possession order (that means the interest and arrears are frozen after 7 days) I then send the keys back and they take over the house and sell it. They say they will continue to use the same estate agent as I have, and only if it has not sold after a long time will they sell at auction, but who knows they have lied before. I feel so relieved. Its me and the kids at our new house from now on, Dad has set me up a budget and it looks like we will have a few bob spare to have the occasional MacD at the weekends. Dad is going to deal with all that follows and the CAB have offered to support in the bankrupsy bit if needed. Thank you all so much for your support, it was good to be on this site and talk to you. I will keep my eye on the posts and will offer to support others in my position. I now await the final bill after the sale to see what needs to be done but that as they say is another story and another day. I got nowt so they can have nowt. Lots of love Lilly and the kids xx

Leave a comment:

• ScabHunter
    replied

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
    Family is all that matters.
    I hope that isn't strictly true, as some of us don't have any.

SH

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

well done Lily

I have no doubt that you and yours will be fine as you all have each other

hope it went your way

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

Thinking of you Lilly...how did it go hun?

Elsa xxx

Leave a comment:

• ken100464
    replied

Good luck Lily.

You are correct of course. Trinkets and bricks are just that. Family is all that matters.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

I am planning to walk away from it all and go bankrupt as I have no assets apart from my children and my parents and they cant take them away from me.
    Wow. That says it all. I'm lost for words.

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied

Originally posted by planB View Post
    Just wishing you all the luck in the world at your repossession hearing tomorrow

If you've got a CAB person to speak on your behalf that will be good. If not then get to the court an hour before the hearing and ask to see the duty solicitor so that you can have legal representation at the hearing. You can expect NRAM to send an agent to court and they may invite you to agree to a suspended possession order in advance of the hearing. If you don't like the terms ask them to repeat their offer in front of the DJ who should guide you and make sure no one is taking advantage of the situation.

To be safe take a copy of the Cheltenham & Gloucester vs Norgan judgment with you which may help if you want to fight this. Even if you plan to walk away from the problem and allow a voluntary repossession it would be useful to get an order on favourable terms because the lender can chase you for up to 12 years for any shortfall after the repossession date:

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup...method=boolean
    Hi PlanB, thank you so much for remembering and your good wishes. I am a bit nervous but I will have my dad and CAB solicitor with me. It has been suggested that I ask for a 7 day order so that the arrears and interest will stop as soon as the order date is reached.That will give me time to clear the rest of my stuff out. I am planning to walk away from it all and go bankrupt as I have no assets apart from my children and my parents and they cant take them away from me. It has been so helpful to have this forum to talk to, I really feel for the people out there who are on their own and have to deal with this. My dad says not to wait for the storm to pass but I have to learn to dance in the rain. I will keep you all informed and hope to support other in the future who have to go through this themselves, Lots of love Lilly and the kids xx

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Just wishing you all the luck in the world at your repossession hearing tomorrow

If you've got a CAB person to speak on your behalf that will be good. If not then get to the court an hour before the hearing and ask to see the duty solicitor so that you can have legal representation at the hearing. You can expect NRAM to send an agent to court and they may invite you to agree to a suspended possession order in advance of the hearing. If you don't like the terms ask them to repeat their offer in front of the DJ who should guide you and make sure no one is taking advantage of the situation.

To be safe take a copy of the Cheltenham & Gloucester vs Norgan judgment with you which may help if you want to fight this. Even if you plan to walk away from the problem and allow a voluntary repossession it would be useful to get an order on favourable terms because the lender can chase you for up to 12 years for any shortfall after the repossession date:

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup...method=boolean
    Last edited by PlanB; 27 March 2013, 21:43. Reason: spelling :(

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied

Originally posted by planB View Post
    That's great news. Nothing like a fresh start

I still think it would be wise to go to court next week in an attempt to get the repossession hearing adjourned until the house is sold on your terms. If the lender takes control and puts it into auction it will fetch a lot less and the shortfall can be chased for 12 years. Obviously not if you decide to go BR

They're plenty of people on here who know everything there is to know about the pros and cons of BR
    I will definateley go to the court date with the CAB but if it goes pear shaped and they get the order not much I can do. Dad has spoken to MRAN and they say they will continue to use the same agent rather than auction but who knows, they did not want to budge on the date unless we came up with £1000 a month which I cant do. I will update you on progress, love Lilly x

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

went to see the house and its great, the kids love it. It is much smaller but still big enough, will move in asap. I am going to walk away from the mortgage and secured loan if they grant the repossession order on the 28th and let them come after me as I have nothing of value and no spare money. It may even be worth going bankrupt, any information on that would be good, love to you all xx Lilly
    That's great news. Nothing like a fresh start

I still think it would be wise to go to court next week in an attempt to get the repossession hearing adjourned until the house is sold on your terms. If the lender takes control and puts it into auction it will fetch a lot less and the shortfall can be chased for 12 years. Obviously not if you decide to go BR

They're plenty of people on here who know everything there is to know about the pros and cons of BR

Leave a comment:

• pezman65
    replied

Originally posted by lilly1203 View Post
    Hi PlanB, thanks for your reply. Yes that was my post in another part of the forum. I have sent the death certificate to NRAM but have not been refered to sensitive case team, I will call them and see if they will negotiate better. I am getting the widows pension,thanks. The CAB did a I&E and I am still £225 short every month so it was never going to work, I just stuck my head in the sand and hoped. I am going to see a little house this PM with a rent of half the mortgage and also no GE loan to pay back so I will be £450 better off so there is a chance, just dont want to be left with loads of cash still owing. There is no spare room, it was only 3 beds and I have got 2 teenagers,(one of each)I will try what you suggest re the duty solicitor, many thanks Lilly
    Hi Guys, went to see the house and its great, the kids love it. It is much smaller but still big enough, will move in asap. I am going to walk away from the mortgage and secured loan if they grant the repossession order on the 28th and let them come after me as I have nothing of value and no spare money. It may even be worth going bankrupt, any information on that would be good, love to you all xx Lilly

Leave a comment:

• lilly1203
    replied

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    Well done so far Lilly, you're showing great courage through all this.
    Good luck with NRAM and the house viewing..
    Thanks Elsa, could not have done it without my dad and this site xx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X