GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

I've just had the final reponse from the Ombudsman and suprise surprise, she agrees with the the adjudicator!!!

The whole argument is based around a false premise, which even though I have shown them is incorrect ( in fact a bank internal memo that I shouldn't have even agrees with me) they still go along the same path. Also the fact that HSBC have ignored both the banking code and CCA1974 seems to carry not weight either.

So I suppose I'm going to have to now put in a formal complaint to them and I think I will SAR them as well.

Re: Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Care to elaborate here....?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well it's a long tale of woe involving our banking at HSBC. We where very good clients of them we had both business and premier personal accounts and just before christmas 2008 they where getting worried over the level of borrow we had with them and espically a large personal loan that I had with them for a business purchase. I was having meeting with the bank and I knew the ammounts involved where way over the mandate of my premier manager, so I had asked for a meeting with a senior manager.

The next day my manager paid of my wifes charge card to our current account which put it £9k over it's limit, I wasn't that worried becuase I was just going to recycle the cash from the charge card which I had been doing for some months and HSBC which doing very well out of that, this is where the problems started when I tried to do this, the bank with out telling us had cancelled the facility , my manager didn't even know this. The manager said we could sort it out after christmas and that she couldn't get me a meeting with a senior manager until then. She didn't have a solution though to how we where going to live until then though!!!!

A day or so later we recieved a letter cancelling all our facility , ddi, credit cards etc, so much for the banks managers after christmas thing and this lead to the situation we have now , I wont go into the rest of it but it involves a thick end of £200k with HSBC now being in dispute.

The whole thing effected my health , I had to take drugs for stress and depression and had to have councilling and my manager knew I was depressed before this happened.

The funny this is the large loan that they where worried about , was a bullet loan that was to be paid out of the sale of a business. I was stiched up on that so the bank wasn't going to get any money and even so the first payment was due to be made until 12/2013 which was confirm by the internal memo form HSBC's legal team (this was the note I wasn't meant to have) also the HSBC legal team confirmed in the memo that they have lost all the paperwork to do with the loan so that can't really fight my position!!! This though was all ignored by FOS, as far as they are concerned I'm a bad man and I've been naughty to poor little HSBC !!!

Comment

Ahh I mentioned something last night about me having a FOS complaint against them. They've shafted me....

I'll read things properly and come back to you. We could work together on this one and fuck into both the ombudsman and HSBC.......

Back later
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

More than happy to do that.

I'm on holiday from 2moro for 2 weeks and as I'm going to be in a caravan in scotland I don't think I will have much access to the internet!!!

I was going just to fire of a email to ask FOS about there compliant procedure, which I will do some time today unless you tell me not to. ( I think I know what it is but i like making the bastards work!!!)

Comment

Hiya

Leave with me and enjoy your break. Don't send anything yet. Just leave it till you get back and I'll post here in the meantime yea?

It'll give me time to catch up. I'll explain the appeals process to you, no need to ask or email the FOS.

Have a good break and forget this bollox; it's not going anywhere mate.

Have fun

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but as Niddy says, enjoy your holiday, he will get something sorted for you.

I received my opinion from mine yesterday as well and even though I will be going to the ombudsman for a full review its very possible this will happen with ours as well.

However, I may have now found the concrete evidence we need for the ombudsman and I must say, the Adjudicator I had does not seem to understand English Law. (could go on and on about this) lol but don't want to bore you with all the details.

Have a lovely holiday.

Comment

Seems like the FOS are employing retards at the moment. Either that or are all getting paid to ignore valid and lawful points in almost every case.

We need a super-complaint facility just like Which.? has

Especially seeing as we have more people here complaining about the unlawful actions of departments like FOS, FSA & OFT. (To name a few)
                I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                  Seems like the FOS are employing retards at the moment. Either that or are all getting paid to ignore valid and lawful points in almost every case.

Especially seeing as we have more people here complaining about the unlawful actions of departments like FOS, FSA & OFT. (To name a few)
                  We do have - it's being built as we speak!

---> Welcome to Consumer Revenge - Home to the 'allabout' Super-Complaint Portal

Just bear with us, this will be live in days......

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post

I agree, it certainly does seem that way, in regards of another case back some years ago the Adjudicator then was on top of everything, but the new whipper snappers they've seem to have taken on these days do not have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      We do have - it's being built as we speak!

---> Welcome to Consumer Revenge - Home to the 'allabout' Super-Complaint Portal

Just bear with us, this will be live in days......

Interesting Niddy, Can't wait!

Comment

Perhaps they employing Banking Retards! to do their work

Have a good Hols too!! - i think a Statleite passes when there is a Full Moon
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                          I've just had the final reponse from the Ombudsman and suprise surprise, she agrees with the the adjudicator!!!

The whole argument is based around a false premise, which even though I have shown them is incorrect ( in fact a bank internal memo that I shouldn't have even agrees with me) they still go along the same path. Also the fact that HSBC have ignored both the banking code and CCA1974 seems to carry not weight either.
                          Did you really expect anything better from the official Fobbing Off Service?

Comment

Pompey suggested a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the FOS, this I think I am going to do, It would be interesting to know what will be amongst all the data, and I think in total we've had about 4 cases within the FOS, so I assume this should include it all.

Niddy, I know with some (if the complaints were in joint names) I assume we can still request for a SAR as a separate request can we?
                            Mainly my hubby is the first applicant anyway, so I would then do so in his name.

Will have to use one of your special SAR requests Niddy, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Pompey suggested a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the FOS, this I think I am going to do, It would be interesting to know what will be amongst all the data, and I think in total we've had about 4 cases within the FOS, so I assume this should include it all.

Niddy, I know with some (if the complaints were in joint names) I assume we can still request for a SAR as a separate request can we?
                              Mainly my hubby is the first applicant anyway, so I would then do so in his name.

Will have to use one of your special SAR requests Niddy, cheers.
                              If it is a joint account then the info on one of you should match the other so really just SAR the first named person - the second named person will not have anything different so it's a waste of money

Comment

Working...
                              X