GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Received a letter back from the data dept of FOS today, as the SAR was requested in hubby's name, they have also asked for my authorisation as well, because several of the complaints references include my name.

It would be ok if I was to email to authorise this wouldn't it?
    They have left an email address and I could always attach a copy of the full letter the same time for proof that it is me as such, do you think that would be ok?

Copy of the letter received today.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Received a letter back from the data dept of FOS today, as the SAR was requested in hubby's name, they have also asked for my authorisation as well, because several of the complaints references include my name.

It would be ok if I was to email to authorise this wouldn't it?
      They have left an email address and I could always attach a copy of the full letter the same time for proof that it is me as such, do you think that would be ok?

Copy of the letter received today.
      Send it to your caseworkers direct email so whoever signed the letter...

i.e. joe.bloggs@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

In that format
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

edit you'll need to write and sign something then upload it and email that, as they need your signature.......

or just email direct to the informationrightsofficer@ email that is shown at the bottom, its up to you really.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cool thank you Niddy.
          And done.

Infact she must be working today the one who sent it got back, (copy of her email below) and had my name right anyway, so it wasn't automated.
          Crikey I didn't realise they worked on Saturdays lol, maybe hubby should now email from his name and confirm I have done this just to cover both ends.

Dear Mrs E

Thank you for your email, the contents of which have been duly noted.

Yours sincerely
          Ca
          Information Rights Officer
          Knowledge and Information Management
          Financial Ombudsman Service
          Telephone: 020 7964 0646
          Fax: 020 7964 0647
          Email:InformationRightsOfficer@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Last edited by di30; 30 July 2011, 16:47.

Comment

On the letter from the Information Rights dept of the FOS, there are 11 different lots of reference numbers, blimey I can't recall on making 11 complaints to them lol.

I think with some of mine and hubby's though even though we done the made of them as joint, they split the credit card ones and he had 2 credit card ppi and I had 1, the other I know was to do with the mortgage, and another of the bank when we were in hardship (charges/interest), a Big one Nemo back in 2007, and the Endeavour one, but with there being 3 parties involved in that one, this was moved on from HFC then Hamilton, so that is basically 3 in 1......(but made into 3 separate ones).

I made sure the ref number was included of the Hamilton/EPF case though this is the main one I want.

Comment

Received a letter from the Information Rights Dept (FOS) to confirm SAR will be processed for as soon as possible.

Dear Mr & Mr *****

Mr ***** Subject Access Request.

I write further to Mrs ***** email of 30 July 2011.

We will now process Mr ******** Request as soon as possible, and certainly within the 40 calendar days we received the request. You will hear back from us by 8 September 2011 at the latest.

Yours sincerely

Hmmm will have to work it out on the date then, they confirmed on a previous letter the request was received 25 July 2011, and on the above letter they state 40 calendar days from when they received the request.
              I know it's not that much out, but 8 September without working it out seems longer than 40 days from when they received the request lol.
              Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 3 August 2011, 16:49. Reason: removed your surname lol

Comment

worked it out for you

40 monday - saturdays between 25th july and 8th september

so they arent classing sundays as a day most likely as its not a working day
                I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

You're getting confused, calendar days includes weekends - only working days are classed as 5 but a SAR is days as a whole so from 31st July to 8th September is a whole 40 days, i.e. the whole of August + the 8 days in september make 39, plus the original receipt day of 31st July = 40 calendar days

Comment

PMSL oh yes - just worked it out now cheers folks.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Received a letter from the Information Rights Dept (FOS) to confirm SAR will be processed for as soon as possible.

Dear Mr & Mr *****

Mr ***** Subject Access Request.

I write further to Mrs ***** email of 30 July 2011.

We will now process Mr ******** Request as soon as possible, and certainly within the 40 calendar days we received the request. You will hear back from us by 8 September 2011 at the latest.

Yours sincerely

Hmmm will have to work it out on the date then, they confirmed on a previous letter the request was received 25 July 2011, and on the above letter they state 40 calendar days from when they received the request.
                      I know it's not that much out, but 8 September without working it out seems longer than 40 days from when they received the request lol.

Doh, cheers Niddy, my head in the clouds again lol

Comment

Well my deadline is today for the submissions - to be passed to an Ombudsman, let's hope the Ombudsman will be better than the adjudicator lol.

Comment

All done and sent to the Adjudicator, its a fab letter too.

Comment

Afternoon all

I have returned from holiday now ,and it's time to take on FOS. I was wondering if I should send them a holding letter as they require my response by the 15th.

They had the case for a 18months so I think as I've been on holiday they should agree, what do you think???

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                              Afternoon all

I have returned from holiday now ,and it's time to take on FOS. I was wondering if I should send them a holding letter as they require my response by the 15th.

They had the case for a 18months so I think as I've been on holiday they should agree, what do you think???

Hi

Hope you had a lovely holiday.

Right please remind us where you were on this one to save scrolling back please?

I take it your complaint have been with the FOS for 18 months and the Adjudicator is forwarding this on to the Ombudsman? (please correct me if I'm wrong) cheers.

If this is the case, then I would submit anything further in letter or any further supporting documentation.

Comment

HI

The case has been with FOS for 18months and I had the final response from the Ombudsman which agreed with HSBC and I now want to put a formal complaint in to FOS and Niddy was going to help me.

So the date is when I either have to accept or reject the Ombudsman position.

As for the holiday it was nice to get a break, but you know what it's like I still had all this buzzing around in my head.
                                Last edited by mgfboy; 9 August 2011, 07:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X