GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Can I write back to this clown for you? See below.....
    Dear Idiot,

I write with reference to your most recent email, with some trepidation and confusion as you're not making much sense, let alone following your own guidelines.

Regards to the points in your most recent email, can I query your logic behind the statement "I am afraid I don't see the problem for you if a rejection is logged, because it seems clear to me that you disagree with the decision, and indeed I would have been very surprised had you simply just accepted the decision."; now what confuses me here is if you knew I would reject the decision then you must also have known I was unhappy at the way I was treated therefore why did you reject me in favour of the bank? If the Ombudsman role is to remain impartial, why would you deliberately try and upset people, unless of course the bank in question happens to pay you quite generously in mediation fees? No implication other than an observation is of course what I mean by this point. It just doesn't add up I'm afraid.

Onto your second point, I was under the impression that you were an adjudicator and if I was unhappy with your decision I had a right to then formally take it to one of the actual Ombudsman before finally seeking my right to utilise the Independent Assessor; is this not the case then and what you say goes? That is most certainly what you are implying to me, so clarity on this matter would be wonderful.

I am not happy at the outcome, I feel you've deliberately dragged things on to an unnecessary timeframe all the while backing the institution without a single thought for the actual complaint or the actual level of service by the bank. I then find out you're trying to fob me off with some cock-and-bull story when you're not even an Ombudsman, but a simple adjudicator.

I look forward to your response, if you could also advise details of how to escalate this to an actual Ombudsman I'd appreciate it.

Kind regards

Sign Name
    Great letter shame I can't use it as I've had the Ombudsmans final answer on the actual case. It appears once you have had the answer the case goes back to the adjudicator from the ombudsman.

One thought that has occured though, on my request for an extention as FOS is neutral (ha ha), surely they should just pass my request to HSBC, it's not for them to make the judgement!!! Should I point this out????
    Last edited by mgfboy; 11 August 2011, 08:15.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
      Great letter shame I can't use it as I've had the Ombudsmans final answer on the actual case. It appears once you have had the answer the case goes back to the adjudicator from the ombudsman.

One thought that has occured though, on my request for an extention as FOS is neutral (ha ha), surely they should just pass my request to HSBC, it's not for them to make the judgement!!! Should I point this out????
      I did just read your email (sorreeeee) and figured my reply is futile - oh well, sorry mate.

Its similar in many ways to mine, although i'll be honest what got you on all counts was cross-firing between accounts. That is a huge no-no i'm afraid.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nah mate, its a waste of breath.... there is nothing left for you to do via the FOS - anything now would be legal based between you as claimant, and HSBC as defendant however after seeing the response from the FOS, I can see "why" they closed your accounts, but can also see your argument.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

True but the manager knew all about it, her comment was as long as a cheque is paid in , she was fine and the only reason the last one bounced was because without warning HSBC withdrew a facility. Plus the fact I had wanted a meeting with them to sort it all out.

Saying that it a lot more complex than just that point, i've been dealing with banks for years and I thought I understood them!!!!
          Last edited by mgfboy; 11 August 2011, 08:41.

Comment

True but the manager knew all about it, her comment was as long as a cheque is paid in , she was fine and the only reason the last one bounced was because without warning HSBC withdrew a facility. Plus the fact I had wanted a meeting with them to sort it all out.

Saying that it a lot more complex than just that point, i've been dealing with banks for years and I thought I understood them!!!!
            Mate, did you get anything in writing from the branch manager saying they approved your cross-firing? It is one of the main 3 reasons a bank can and will close an account so without proof HSBC will deny this claim.

It is fraudulent trading mate, 100% and the Branch manager knows this and would have been fired had they agreed to it.

Comment

The thing about FOS that really got me goat was the fact that they had ignored the fact that HSBC had ignore the lending code and cca1974 and they fact that their responses and indeed that final response arn't even factually acurate!!!!

Comment

Mate, did you get anything in writing from the branch manager saying they approved your cross-firing? It is one of the main 3 reasons a bank can and will close an account so without proof HSBC will deny this claim.

It is fraudulent trading mate, 100% and the Branch manager knows this and would have been fired had they agreed to it.
                The US version is called "check-kiting" - as follows: ---> Check kiting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Niddy I didn't think I had to ( I trusted the manager and she trusted me) and it's only fraudulent if you write the chq without having access to funds to cover it and when I wrote the chq I thought I had!!!!
                  Last edited by mgfboy; 11 August 2011, 08:50.

Comment

The thing about FOS that really got me goat was the fact that they had ignored the fact that HSBC had ignore the lending code and cca1974 and they fact that their responses and indeed that final response arn't even factually acurate!!!!
                    Mate I know, I am having similar issues but this is where as a consumer we have to either take action against the lender or back down.... what do you reckon is best for you?

Its a catch 22 I'm afraid, I stand by you - just see why the FOS made that decision. You need to bear in mind, the FOS can only do so much....

Comment

Niddy I didn't think I had to ( I trusted the manager and she trusted me) and it's only fraudulent if you write the chq without having access to funds to cover it and when I wrote the chq I thought I had!!!!
                      Mate, for the FOS to use the term "Cross-Firing" no less than 4 times in a reply to you suggests they, as well as the bank, are using that as basis for rejection - it is severely frowned upon throughout banking, even I don't agree with it - however, what you have to realise is that as a result of that, you're now fucked.

Sorry to be blunt, but how else can I put it? Forget the FOS, that avenue is now dead.

Comment

Mate, for the FOS to use the term "Cross-Firing" no less than 4 times in a reply to you suggests they, as well as the bank, are using that as basis for rejection - it is severely frowned upon throughout banking, even I don't agree with it - however, what you have to realise is that as a result of that, you're now fucked.

Sorry to be blunt, but how else can I put it? Forget the FOS, that avenue is now dead.
                        Fair enough mate, I get the message but when they first rejected the case at the adjudicator stage , cross firing wasn't the reason. It was due to a large loan I had and the level of debt, when I pointed out to them that was a load of bollocks they then changed there tune!!!

Anyway thank for the help. Fancy helping out in me sticking it to HSBC for a 6 figure sum

Comment

Anyway thank for the help. Fancy helping out in me sticking it to HSBC for a 6 figure sum
                          You've too many secured loans to be pissing about, don't you think? You know what I mean

Comment

You've too many secured loans to be pissing about, don't you think? You know what I mean
                            Nope only the one ( apart from the mortgage) and HSBC are on very dodgy ground. I'm game for laugh if your up for it

Comment

thanks

Hmmm,

So if you don't agree with the FOS the fact you can then complain about the FOS to their own independent assessor doesn't exist anymore, no?

I think it does! ---> The Independent Assessor

Basically, if you are not happy at the FOS then you complain to the adjudicator, then you get an actual ombudsman to check it then if you're still not happy, you speak to the independent assessor. The process is there, they should know this more than anyone!

See here: ---> our service standards

Comment

If mine fails with the ombudsman, I will be doing the above, not saying they will do much, but it will give me the opportunity to get everthing off my chest.

Impartial ........hmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X