GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Dear

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have checked the progress of your request and have been informed that we expect to be able to complete your request by the end of next week.

We will be in touch by e-mail on the day the request is posted to you.

I am sorry for the delay and am grateful for your patience.

Yours sincerely

Information Rights Officer
    direct line 020 3222 4630
    direct fax 020 3222 4631
    email

Comment

Should defo be this week surely!

They are 2 almost 3 weeks behind with the SAT (FOS), but saying that I understand there is a considerable amount they have to gather lol

Comment

Delivery of SAR due tomorrow, thought it was today, but I mis read lol.

Comment

Well I'm still awaiting the Ombudsman reply to my quiries over her final ruling, been nearly a month now!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
            Well I'm still awaiting the Ombudsman reply to my quiries over her final ruling, been nearly a month now!!!!

That is bad!

Ring the customer service of the FOS, maybe someone else could look into this for you, its taking a long time just for that isn't it?

Comment

Have received one out of 3 bundles.
              This one with the CD.

Comment

Oh received the other 2 bundles later that same day, but have stacks to get through , no wonder they were overdue, and surprised the actually managed to get all that together lol

Comment

I've just chased up the ombudsman re the explantion letter they said they would send me of the ruling. It's been nearly two months an also I haven't had any feed back of the customer feed form they email me, I wonder while?????

Comment

we just had and update for FOS , it now appears even though I have it in writing that the ombudsman would explain her ruling to me, she has know decided not to. They are going to rule the day that they crossed me, I dont even care if they change the ruling now I just am going to be a pain in their arses

Comment

• Re: Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

we just had and update for FOS , it now appears even though I have it in writing that the ombudsman would explain her ruling to me, she has know decided not to. They are going to rule the day that they crossed me, I dont even care if they change the ruling now I just am going to be a pain in their arses
                      what do you mean? care to elaborate....? They need to explain their rulings, surely? If not then SAR them
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Here is the email I had from FOS when I quired some of the points in her final ruling

Having discussed your issues with the ombudsman I have contacted the bank and it has agreed an extension for your response to the ombudsman final decision until 2 September 2011.

The ombudsman plans to respond to you herself after this date to answer your queries.

I confirm that any subsequent Subject Access Request from you will be appropriately dealt with.

I now today after chasing thing had this

I have just heard from the ombudsman, and regret to inform you that she will not be responding further to you, following her final decision on 19 July 2011. She has had access to your subsequent comments.

I am very sorry that I led you to believe that you would hear further from the ombudsman, and I can only apologise for this.

Yours sincerely

As you see that they have cocked up and I am going to SAR them as well as putting in a formal complaint, they are not above US !!!!!

Comment

Here is the email I had from FOS when I quired some of the points in her final ruling

Having discussed your issues with the ombudsman I have contacted the bank and it has agreed an extension for your response to the ombudsman final decision until 2 September 2011.

The ombudsman plans to respond to you herself after this date to answer your queries.

I confirm that any subsequent Subject Access Request from you will be appropriately dealt with.

I now today after chasing thing had this

I have just heard from the ombudsman, and regret to inform you that she will not be responding further to you, following her final decision on 19 July 2011. She has had access to your subsequent comments.

I am very sorry that I led you to believe that you would hear further from the ombudsman, and I can only apologise for this.

Yours sincerely

As you see that they have cocked up and I am going to SAR them as well as putting in a formal complaint, they are not above US !!!!!

what was the final ruling? can you point me back to the relevant post please mate? I know I've seen it but too busy to go hunting.....
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            what was the final ruling? can you point me back to the relevant post please mate? I know I've seen it but too busy to go hunting.....
                            Niddy , I emailed you the final ruling and you and I agreed to disagree on it ( or at least part off it)

I don't really expect them to change their minds, but I still want them to explain their thoughts and I have been promised that, so I bloody well want it. I personally dont think they can cope with 6 figure amounts across multiply facilities involving multiply people.

Here are the email questions I sent them

Thank you for your response, I must admit I was surprised at it contents, because as far as I'm aware FOS is meant to be impartial organisation and you response seemed rather bias to the banks position rather than a natural one in fact many may say it was slightly sarcastic!!!!

Before we make our final response, I would like clarification on a few points

1. What does Ms C mean by "calling in", to my knowledge this never happened and the only account they closed was N charge card after paying it off by increasing our joint O/D without our knowledge or consent.
                            2. Could you clarify the paragraph starting "With regards to Dr S loan", what she actually means, I'm quite bright but clear understanding is beyond me. Also I do take exception to the fact that part of the paragraph is incorrect in the fact that we did make a payment to service interest and you should have a note of that on your file.
                            3. On Ms point about the loan to buy the business whilst I accept it's a personal loan, HSBC own internal legal counsel states that it should still be on a bullet payment until the end of 2013 ( you have copies of the HSBC internal memo stating this ), so I don't understand her argument as the servicing and payment issues are not relevant for two reason the loan doesn't become due to 2013 and the payment is from the balance I get from Towergate, if Towergate don't pay me they get nothing.

So please ask Ms to clarify her statements, I'm not looking for her to change them I just want to understand.

no. 2

Please could you also get Ms C to clarify the following points ( I do take on board the "informal" nature of the service, I still think points/statements with reasoning and explanation just aren't worth writing)

1. FOS in this case has taken no view on the fact that HSBC has either ignored or broken the follow rules and legislation, CCA1974,The Banking/Lending code and HSBC internal policy.
                            2.On the matter of the unpaid £9000 chq ( this is the chq kiting matter), she does realise that it only bounced because HSBC redraw a facility that was in place when the chq was written without notice or warning.
                            3. How exactly does she feel that they considered or situation in a fair and sympathetic manner, bearing in mind that they already knew I was stressed and probably depressed before this happen.
                            4.On the matter of the repayment proposal , when I made I was not well and was under both medication and counselling for stress and depression .You can tell I wasn't thinking straight as I offered to pay something I didn't need to!!!
                            5. Was I given the correct advise by FOS to have this complaint dealt as one or would it have been better to split it up?
                            6. Did she review the whole case file or just review the adjudicators notes?

Also I would like a response before the cut off date as this will form part of my thinking on if to accept or decline the ombudsman's response.

Comment

Ahh shit, this is to do with the cross-firing isn't it? ie the illegal practice of using uncleared funds to draw cash etc from varying accounts

sorry, I shouldn't mock....

let me look into this and try find you a loophole......

Comment

I think you have asked some valid points here, if I recall I suggested you speak to the actual independant ombudsman - have you considered this route? I do think you have some valid questions, sure, but for the same respect the FOS are not always angels, nor are they always right thus mistakes do happen and therefore being fobbed off against questions raised over their so called "final response" is not something you would expect to go ignored like this.

Thus I would strongly suggest you take this to the next level and send a sar in after you get the independant involved - reason being, you'll then get the notes used in any dialogue between the FOS ombudsman and their independant....

Comment

Working...
                                X