GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Well I was a bad boy and ignored some of NIddy's advice to forget about FOS and I asked FOS to clarify some of the ombudsmans points, I choose the ones that where incorrect in fact not just opinion. They have given me an extention to agree or disagree!!! I get the feeling that the Ombudsman just reviewed the adjudicators notes and not the whole file ( it must run to 300plus pages) and as I've pointed out some problems, she might be actually reading the file this time. ( they have stated the Ombudsman will get back to me)

I dont suppose they will change their position but who knows!!!!!

When I really get my teeth in to something that has really pis**d me off I dont let go.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
      Well I was a bad boy and ignored some of NIddy's advice to forget about FOS and I asked FOS to clarify some of the ombudsmans points, I choose the ones that where incorrect in fact not just opinion. They have given me an extention to agree or disagree!!! I get the feeling that the Ombudsman just reviewed the adjudicators notes and not the whole file ( it must run to 300plus pages) and as I've pointed out some problems, she might be actually reading the file this time. ( they have stated the Ombudsman will get back to me)

I dont suppose they will change their position but who knows!!!!!

When I really get my teeth in to something that has really pis**d me off I dont let go.

I know the feeling and think the same as you, no matter what we send in support of our complaint, it's pushed to the one side and they just have the Adjudicators notes in front of them, now that would not surprise me one little bit.

Comment

I had a letter from DG solicitors at the weekend chasing some HSBC money. they letter said FOS had closed the case( it's not closed until the 2rd Sept they sent the letter on the 22rd of August). So I sent them back a letter basically calling them idiots and also asking why the hadn't responsed to a letter from nearly 20 months ago.

I also email a copy of the letter to FOS to show them again what a bunch of muppets they are!!!!
        Last edited by mgfboy; 30 August 2011, 10:52.

Comment

We emailed last week to ask the data information department within the FOS on a day when to expect the SAR, as the deadline was the 8th of this week (the day it should have been received), they are now stating it should be ready by the 8th, I need to know because hubby is working nights and i need to be here so that they don't bank the door down on delivery.

It seems they have been having some minor issues as well, but they said it "may" not affect ours lol.

Their email below received yesterday.........

Dear

Thank you for your below email and apologies for the delay in responding to you.

Your subject access request should be completed by 8 September 2011. We are currently experiencing some minor delays in processing requests, but hopefully this won't effect you.

Yours sincerely
          C
          Information Rights Officer
          Knowledge and Information Management
          Financial Ombudsman Service
          Telephone: 020
          Fax: 020
          Email:InformationRightsOfficer@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            We emailed last week to ask the data information department within the FOS on a day when to expect the SAR, as the deadline was the 8th of this week (the day it should have been received), they are now stating it should be ready by the 8th, I need to know because hubby is working nights and i need to be here so that they don't bank the door down on delivery.

It seems they have been having some minor issues as well, but they said it "may" not affect ours lol.

Their email below received yesterday.........

Dear

Thank you for your below email and apologies for the delay in responding to you.

Your subject access request should be completed by 8 September 2011. We are currently experiencing some minor delays in processing requests, but hopefully this won't effect you.

Yours sincerely
            C
            Financial Ombudsman Service

I would have thought the ICO wouldn't care about their problems, lets face it they are hardly a small operation!!!!!

Comment

I would have thought the ICO wouldn't care about their problems, lets face it they are hardly a small operation!!!!!

That i believe is so true mgfboy.

Comment

Well it's past the new cut off date , so in effect I've rejected the ombusmans report. It's a shame the ombusman never answered my quiries before the cut off date.

I suppose there are more grounds then for my compliant then when I get around to doing it.

I suppose the fight with HSBC will down now to pure credit law and intent.

Comment

Last week I forwarded a copy of my email/letter that we sent to Endeavour/HFC to the Adjudicator, and we have been waiting for a response ever since, this is 20 days on now, and a day after sending the email/letter to the CEO dept they confirmed receipt of the letter and said someone will be responding for ASAP.

I have tried chasing the business again today, but realistically shouldn't the Adjudicator being doing this on my behalf?
                  He has the details of the letter (received last week) and was aware of our concerns then that we had not heard anything up to now.

This is the one though where we think we have the lenders stumped, and they don't know what to say.
                  (I questioned them on where the loan ppi came into the process of the loan, as it was not added on the broker loan application, and on their own lender agreement that is where the ppi was added also for longer loan terms)!

Surely the Adjudicator should be chasing them on this as well, afterall its the very important part of the complaint?

Comment

hmmm spoke too soon, just received an email from HFC this instance, so have also just forwarded it to the Adjudicator.

Copy of the email below.

Dear Mr & Mrs

I am writing further to your recent e-mails.

I confirm that your query has been forwarded to my team to investigate.
                    Your query is currently under review and you will receive a response
                    shortly. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in our response.

Kind Regards

E
                    Team Leader of Central Complaints | HFC UK
                    Camden House West, Birmingham, B1 3PY, UK

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Last week I forwarded a copy of my email/letter that we sent to Endeavour/HFC to the Adjudicator, and we have been waiting for a response ever since, this is 20 days on now, and a day after sending the email/letter to the CEO dept they confirmed receipt of the letter and said someone will be responding for ASAP.

I have tried chasing the business again today, but realistically shouldn't the Adjudicator being doing this on my behalf?
                      He has the details of the letter (received last week) and was aware of our concerns then that we had not heard anything up to now.

This is the one though where we think we have the lenders stumped, and they don't know what to say.
                      (I questioned them on where the loan ppi came into the process of the loan, as it was not added on the broker loan application, and on their own lender agreement that is where the ppi was added also for longer loan terms)!

Surely the Adjudicator should be chasing them on this as well, afterall its the very important part of the complaint?
                      What the find is important or not is in the lap of the gods and also if the adjudicator actually understands what your getting at. I would have in retrospec got the adjudicator to explain to me what he thinks the compliant is actually about.

But you are right the adjudicator should be chasing them and put a time frame in place that if they dont reply they should settle in your favour.

Comment

What the find is important or not is in the lap of the gods and also if the adjudicator actually understands what your getting at. I would have in retrospec got the adjudicator to explain to me what he thinks the compliant is actually about.

But you are right the adjudicator should be chasing them and put a time frame in place that if they dont reply they should settle in your favour.

Hiya and cheers.

sorry about yours as well, honestly they do not have the foggiest do they?

I have just posted another above as well, lol, received an email from HFC.

Comment

I emailed the Information data dept again within the FOS, because the 8th was supposed to be the delivery of the SAR, it does not look like they will be complying by then now, I asked them for a date of when we should expect to receive this to make sure someone is here, because its rare anyone else, neighbours and friends are home themselves to take this in.

This is the response!!!

Dear

Thank you for your email.

I will be out of the office for the next few days, but I will ask for a colleague to update you with confirmation of a probable date in due course.

Yours sincerely
                          C
                          Financial Ombudsman Service, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR

Comment

Another email from the Data dept of the FOS!

Dear

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am afraid that we are experiencing delays in the processing of your subject access request.

When it is complete, we will send the documents by recorded delivery. I am happy to e-mail you on the day the documents are ready to be posted, so that you have notice.

Please accept my apologies for the delay.

Yours sincerely

A
                            direct line 020 3222 4630
                            direct fax 020 3222 4631
                            email @financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Comment

Five days late with the SAR, but they did let me know I suppose, its no good me complaining about these really with them being such an organisation lol.

Comment

May try chasing these up later, its a week on since they emailed to say they are delayed, but surely they should not be this delayed?

SAR due from FOS last Thursday!

Comment

Working...
                                X