GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

I take it you have already read this here?

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...aints_a12.html

This section answers a number of frequently-asked questions (FAQs) about:
    complaining to the ombudsman

complaints about our service
    who can I complain to if I'm not happy with the service provided by the Financial Ombudsman Service?
    If an ombudsman has made a decision on a case, that decision is final. Neither side can appeal to another ombudsman.
    The consumer doesn't have to accept the decision – and if they don't, our decision does not affect their legal rights. So they are still free to go to court instead. However, we cannot give legal advice about how a court might handle a case or about any court requirements (such as time limits) that might apply.
    If you are not happy with the way we have dealt with your case – or with the level of service we have provided – please let us know. We have a special procedure to handle complaints about our service – for example, if you think we have:
    • treated you unfairly or rudely;
    • failed to explain things properly; or
    • caused unreasonable delays.
    This procedure involves the independent assessor, who can carry out a final review of the way we have handled a complaint.
    The independent assessor is appointed by our board and has official terms of reference. She cannot get involved in disagreements about the merits of a case – whether we were right to uphold or reject a dispute between a business and a consumer

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      I take it you have already read this here?

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...aints_a12.html

This section answers a number of frequently-asked questions (FAQs) about:
      complaining to the ombudsman

complaints about our service
      who can I complain to if I'm not happy with the service provided by the Financial Ombudsman Service?
      If an ombudsman has made a decision on a case, that decision is final. Neither side can appeal to another ombudsman.
      The consumer doesn't have to accept the decision – and if they don't, our decision does not affect their legal rights. So they are still free to go to court instead. However, we cannot give legal advice about how a court might handle a case or about any court requirements (such as time limits) that might apply.

If you are not happy with the way we have dealt with your case – or with the level of service we have provided – please let us know. We have a special procedure to handle complaints about our service – for example, if you think we have:
      • treated you unfairly or rudely;
      • failed to explain things properly; or
      • caused unreasonable delays.
      This procedure involves the independent assessor, who can carry out a final review of the way we have handled a complaint.
      The independent assessor is appointed by our board and has official terms of reference. She cannot get involved in disagreements about the merits of a case – whether we were right to uphold or reject a dispute between a business and a consumer
      Thanks Di

Thats the process that I working towards at the moment , but the compliant first goes to a manager and then to a senior manager and then to the IA , mines going to the senior manager now.

The point I was asking about was if they followed process earlier in the case.

Comment

Just had the senior managers PA on the phone to get a idea of what my complaint was all about, so I told her and she seemed to take it on board.

She did get a little quite though when I told her I had been FSA registered person that had been in charge of complaints and , I knew that if I had given the explanation for the decision FOS had given me and I had been reported to FOS they would have settled against me!!!!

One thing I wonder about is why they keep on wanting to talk to me to understand my compliant , it's almost like they really find it difficult to understand why anyone wouldn't except that they are always correct??????
        Last edited by mgfboy; 4 April 2012, 16:39.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
          Just had the senior managers PA on the phone to get a idea of what my complaint was all about, so I told her and she seemed to take it on board.

She did get a little quite though when I told her I had been FSA registered person that had been in charge of complaints and , I knew that if I had given the explanation for the decision FOS had given me and I had been reported to FOS they would have settled against me!!!!

One thing I wonder about is why they keep on wanting to talk to me to understand my compliant , it's almost like they really find it difficult to understand why anyone wouldn't except that they are always correct??????

And of course stalling it as well.

Comment

It appears it's being reviewed by Simon Coe , anybody ever come across him????

Comment

It appears it's being reviewed by Simon Coe , anybody ever come across him????
              Not had dealings with him, but have heard the mention of his name before.

Comment

So anything more on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                  So anything more on this one?
                  Nope

I'm sure a load of bullshit will appear in the post soon!!!!! As they said it could take 21 days and they didn't specify what type of days.

Comment

Nope

I'm sure a load of bullshit will appear in the post soon!!!!! As they said it could take 21 days and they didn't specify what type of days.
                    When 21 days have passed, then contact them, as they didn't specifically confirm working days or not.

Comment

Di

I'm not going to chase them, if they take too long it all adds weight to the case when it goes further up the chain

Comment

Di

I'm not going to chase them, if they take too long it all adds weight to the case when it goes further up the chain

hmm oh yes of course, I did not look at it like that, good one.

Comment

Well I've had a reply from FOS and as you can imagine , they are faultless!!!! So the complaint will now go for to the independant assessor!!!!

If anyone is interested I cam post a copy of the letter.

Comment

Well I've had a reply from FOS and as you can imagine , they are faultless!!!! So the complaint will now go for to the independant assessor!!!!

If anyone is interested I cam post a copy of the letter.
                            Cheers mgfboy.

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Same Simon Coe that paid me £150 (see HSBC complaint)
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X