GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Had reply from the Ombudsman dont know if to laugh or cry!!!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    If it is a joint account then the info on one of you should match the other so really just SAR the first named person - the second named person will not have anything different so it's a waste of money

Cheers Niddy, just as I thought, so will just send on in Scooby's name then, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
      Seems like the FOS are employing retards at the moment.
      Well, Lowells and Mucky Hall can't employ all the morons available.

Either that or are all getting paid to ignore valid and lawful points in almost every case.
      The Fobbing Off Service seems to have been set up on much the same lines as the Press Complaints Commission, as a body to whom people may complain and so that politicians can pretend that Something Is Being Done. Just as the PCC is funded by the press, so the Fobbing Off Service is funded by the banks - draw your own conclusions!

We need a super-complaint facility just like Which.? has

Especially seeing as we have more people here complaining about the unlawful actions of departments like FOS, FSA & OFT. (To name a few)
      It's not so much their actions that are the problem, but their lamentable inaction even when presented with evidence of misdeeds.

Comment

Well, I've just won case via the FOS (by default to be fair) ---> Niddy vs Opus (ex CitiCard) - Page 4 - allaboutFORUMS
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Should I go for the typical or advanced if requesting (SAR) from the FOS?

Cheers.
          Last edited by di30; 22 July 2011, 18:31.

Comment

Pompey passed on these details in regards of the SAR request via FOS.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...-requests.html

I assumed it worked both ways, the FOS/Adjudicator would send copies of our paperwork to the ones we are making a complaint about, and it should be the matter of us receiving what they send in about us, considering they supposed be impartial lol.

Some info here of the above link.

"
            There may also be legal reasons why we cannot disclose the information you are asking for. We are not required to tell you if exemptions have been applied to any information we have provided, if information has been withheld, or the reason for withholding information.
            Where certain information cannot be shared with you – because, for example, it may disclose the identity of a third party who has not consented to sharing the data – we will delete that information and try to give you as much of the remaining data as possible."

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Should I go for the typical or advanced if requesting (SAR) from the FOS?

Cheers.
              Advanced as per my PM
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Advanced as per my PM

It defo makes more sense doesn't it? cheers again Niddy.

Right as there is so much stuff, also from over the years, I assume we do not require an account number for this do we?
                And hubby's full name, date of birth will do I take it?
                Last edited by di30; 22 July 2011, 20:04.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                  Right as there is so much stuff, also from over the years, I assume we do not require an account number for this do we?
                  And hubby's full name, date of birth will do I take it?
                  Yep, just provide name and address plus date of birth and ensure you also mention any address you were at when you started the product so they can link it all in.....

Comment

LOL its ok I found the info on the FOS SAR link lol.....

"
                    making a "subject access request"

Any request for personal information should be in writing. And you need to provide us with:
                    • your name and address; (DOB)
                    Cheers Niddy, just the one address in our case then.

Comment

And done, to be posted signed for delivery at the post office in the morning, they should receive this hopefully by Monday, I have also enclosed the £10 cheque payment.

Great SAR template, thank you Niddy and thank you Pompey for also suggesting this avenue with the FOS.

Comment

Di,

Your Welcome, I know you have put up a good fight thus far so I see no reason why you should throw in the towel now.

Just the one SAR should get you all the info on all complaints you have made with them as they are replying to the data subject and not an account number.

Regards
                        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 22 July 2011, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                          Di,

Your Welcome, I know you have put up a good fight thus far so I see no reason why you should throw in the towel now.

Just the one SAR should get you all the info on all complaints you have made with them as they are replying to the data subject and not an account number.

Regards

Thank you again Pompey

You have also been a big help and very supportive, cheers so much.

Comment

Sent this morning, the FOS should receive this by Monday, or Tuesday the very latest.

Cheers for your help folks x

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Well, Lowells and Mucky Hall can't employ all the morons available.

The Fobbing Off Service seems to have been set up on much the same lines as the Press Complaints Commission, as a body to whom people may complain and so that politicians can pretend that Something Is Being Done. Just as the PCC is funded by the press, so the Fobbing Off Service is funded by the banks - draw your own conclusions!

It's not so much their actions that are the problem, but their lamentable inaction even when presented with evidence of misdeeds.
                              I drew my own conclusions & showed it to my neighbour.
                              My case comes up on Monday!

Comment

Oh, the FOS received my SAR request letter on Monday,
                                Cheers Niddy :niddy

Comment

Working...
                                X