GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Some time back I put in a reclaim on packaged accounts it failed with the bank, so off it went to the FOS, I did used to have a basic classic account with Lloyds until year 2000, but being naive then the bank said, we had to upgrade as it would be more beneficial for us, yet we already had appropriate cover in place that offered more or less exactly the same on the gold account, and even with the basic account there were service chagrges so I did assume back then that all accounts came with charges.
    It was upgraded every few years until it reached the Premier account in 2007, the account is now closed with Lloyds because we moved our account elsewhere!

Anyway, due to that my complaint was originally upheld by the FOS in August, but then they came back to say that Lloyds send further info that we benefitted from all the packaged accounts as such with the preferential rate to the overdrafts. So it was reviewed.
    I was told by someone that if we had loans, under the packaged accounts, its highly unlikely we would have been offered a preferential rate, so to raise this up with the adjudicator, i even offered to send agreements, she said, she will ask lloyds for the info.

Last week the decision arrived and this time "not upheld" as she stated Lloyds did give us a preferential discount rate on the overdraft and if that was the case it would be the same for the loans. She said even though Lloyds could not send the information to prove the preferential rate on the loans, she is going to "assume" and go by that.

So with that, I emailed her and said "I did offer to send the information of the loans earlier, and feel this should have been taken into consideration as well as the overdraft" as I didnt think it was "fair" to "assume" it would be preferential until you have it in black and white!

So she then gave me the opportunity to send the loan agreements, I have done this and she should receive the info by tomorrow.

I am however going to put some matters into writing on why I disagree with her decision....

What are your thoughts on this please (if any)? lol

Cheers.

Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Di, was this an Adjudicator or Ombudsman? If the former you'll be fine as you then refer to the latter with additional info.

Its pointless ess complaining about her decision to assume; it falls on deaf ears 99.9% of the time.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Di, was this an Adjudicator or Ombudsman? If the former you'll be fine as you then refer to the latter with additional info.

Its pointless ess complaining about her decision to assume; it falls on deaf ears 99.9% of the time.
      Cheers Niddy,
      This is with the Ajudicator, and she said before it goes to the ombudsman she is to review first, but otherwise it will be passed on to the ombudsman automatically once reviewed.

She never taken half of our complaint in and missed lots of points on her findings too lol......

Comment

Ok email and ask her for her team managers contact details as you wish to complain about the way you've been treated and the lack if professionalism in their service.

When she replies with her managers details send an email outlining the faults of service etc but don't go on about the outcome as they cannot intervene in that. That *could* get upto £200 in compo - let's see

continue to appeal the adjudicators decision and INSIST on sending your proof that the bank told porkies about the rate and as such a huge question mark must hang over all they've told the FOS so far.

You'll be ok
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok email and ask her for her team managers contact details as you wish to complain about the way you've been treated and the lack if professionalism in their service.

When she replies with her managers details send an email outlining the faults of service etc but don't go on about the outcome as they cannot intervene in that. That *could* get upto £200 in compo - let's see

continue to appeal the adjudicators decision and INSIST on sending your proof that the bank told porkies about the rate and as such a huge question mark must hang over all they've told the FOS so far.

You'll be ok
          LOL fab idea, that did come to mind, so am glad you mentioned it too cheers Niddy, shall keep you posted :-)

Thank you.

Comment

Crikey,not had the chance to send everything yet, I did sent the loan agreements on Friday, and said I shall be writing my reasons on why I disagree and should get this in to her by early part of this new week.

(I just checked our emails and she emailed today (Sunday)??? and said this.........

Dear

Thank you for your email.

I think I have all the information I need from both parties now - as both you and Lloyds have provided a lot of information, I will need time to review this properly.

I will update you again once I have reviewed the information and formed an opinion on the complaint.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator

Comment

Yea they work all hours lately - however reply and tell her that you want to send your loan evidence in and NOT to do anything until then. Also, in that same email say
              "I am shocked to discover that your neutrality is clearly biased toward the bank. Just tell me how on earth you can make a firm decision with only one side of the story, as a neutral viewpoint? I don't think you can ergo please find attached copies of my evidence which must be taken into account.

Please also send me details of your Team Manager as I feel a formal complaint is necessary as a result of the way you're treating me and the way your impartiality is brought into question, by being so biased towards Lloyds in this matter"

See how she likes that eh?

Comment

Yeah brilliant, thanks again Niddy! lol she will be stumped lol!!

I was checking as well, now with her email being today (3rd Nov) well looking below the email it was in relation of an email I sent her on the 25th October about me sending the evidence in then! Seems strange she went back to that one to respond to it now, considering she have had emails from us more recently...think she realises she missed this email.

My email below to her dated 25th Oct.

Dear

Lloyds TSB Bank Plc REF:

We understand that you will ask Lloyds to provide any information in relation to this matter of the loans/preferential rates.

There's been a number of loans over the years, I can track down the account numbers if you require these.

Hopefully Lloyds have made you aware of all loans and credit cards we held with them, but please let me know if you require the account numbers and loan information. Thank you.

Also to ask if Lloyds have a time-limit to forward you the information? as I can try to forward the relevant information otherwise.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Emailed last night, also asked for details of team manager,will chase up if she not got back before end of day.

Thank you for all your help Niddy.

Comment

Strange, and nothing about the email me requesting for team manager details (as i sent that separately) to my information, I wonder..............tardy dah tardy dar.........lol......

Dear

Thank you for your email. I am sorry for the delay in responding to you – we seem to be having a problem with our IT system as emails to your email address keep getting blocked.

I have received your further comments and will review them along with the documents you have provided.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator
                    Financial Ombudsman Service

Comment

Still no details back about team manager!!! grrrrr think I shall send a pm to the Facebook contact, they do seem to get back to me on there by the end of the day!

Otherwise I am expecting the same excuse from my adjudicator about IT issues again, yeah yeah!!!

Comment

Hrmmmm see what she says. You have the sent item which is your proof.

See what she says

Comment

Hrmmmm see what she says. You have the sent item which is your proof.

See what she says
                          Yep will do thanks.

.......am wondering now because I asked for the details, if this will help change her rejection view lol, not holding any hopes though, we shall see!

Comment

It's hard to second guess them. Just sit tight and let me know PM/mail/FB when they reply so I don't miss your updates. Clearly I don't visit this section often as you manage it so well

Comment

It's hard to second guess them. Just sit tight and let me know PM/mail/FB when they reply so I don't miss your updates. Clearly I don't visit this section often as you manage it so well
                              Wonderful thanks Nids

Not been on as much really but getting myself sorted slowly lol, cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X