GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Hiya our email is temporarily offline. I'll try look tomorrow if / when we get it sorted.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Okey dokey cheers Niddy, its just what I wrote above really what I sent you by email, I just added the suggestions made by Nattie in between This also gives me time to make sure I've not missed anything as well, thanks again. (my grammer probably needs re-adjusting though lol)....

Comment

I dont think i missed anything, and believe i have covered their comments, but if you think i could add more, let me know, cheers

Comment

Check this out, http://web.archive.org/web/200112210...6,gold,00.html

this does for for 5th Feb 2001, so a month after my gold loan in Jan 2001, but it should go for the Nov 2001 loan.

Comment

Any luck with the emails yet Niddy? , not sure if you did receive them or not or if not fixed yet but not to worry otherwise, as the drafts sent are the same as above, .

I have to get this into them (ombudsman) by Weds this week the latest, they not offered me any longer time (not like they do banks lol). i know you been really busy etc, if you do get the chance just to take a quick read over and let me know, thanks so muchly, but not to worry if you not got round to it, I do really understand you cant be everywhere lol lol Cheers.

Comment

Ok I'll look tonight, hopefully emails are sorted but I'll know when I get home....... It does look good, let me check later
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

LOL thanks niddy

Comment

Interesting to know how the FOS been dealing with some of these complaints and the outcome of others here;
                  http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...-accounts.html

Comment

Di

Email this back..... add the adjudicator's name

Dear ADJUDICATOR,

Thanks for your email dated 12 March 2014, the content having been noted.

Regards Lloyd's clarity on their version of events in relation to the income details of the packaged accounts, it's prudent to point out that the pre-1996 would not have applied to us, as we then held a Classic Account until Lloyd's upgraded our account to Gold Service Account in the year 2000. This was done without our knowledge, similar in style to the following FOS Case Study - h ttp:/ /ww w.financial -ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/112/112-packaged-accounts.html#cs11

We did not have a yearly set income each year as one of us was working full time and the other a home-maker yet amongst that there was also a period of unemployed as well. At the time in question the Platinum and Premier Accounts were income based solely designed for higher earners of which there is clarity found via Google search called 'The True Cost of Gold and Platinum' which goes on to explain the income brackets and in a linked article around February 2001, Lloyd's confirmed that their Platinum Account was launched earlier that month. The Income criteria was at £20,000 as Lloyd's states prior to year 2000 in which case means no matter what, Lloyd's should not have upgraded our account to a Gold Account, as we did not meet the Income criteria and it's interesting to note that Lloyd's have not commented on this.

I can confirm that the rate shown on the loan agreement dated January 2001 shows an interest rate of 14.00%, the same as the loan Agreement in November 2001. It now appears that Lloyd's are trying to state that we did benefit due to preferential rates however just because one benefit may have applied does not mean that we did actually ever benefit from the full account package and similarly, this is not necessarily agreement to having the account as we did clearly believe we had to have the account, as Lloyd's upgraded this and not us. We never applied for these types of account at any point in our relationship with Lloyd's.

At no point did we benefit from all the products and we actually already had appropriate cover - relevant and suitable to our specific needs - in place of which one such policy so happened to be a separate insurance with extended warranty with Lloyd's which we held from the 90's to 2003 which clearly proves that their added extra's on the packaged account were duplicated more than once. At the time neither of us held a mobile phone or passport. We did not travel and had a few pre-existing health conditions which, if discussed with any member of staff from Lloyd's would have excluded us from any beneficial interest at a very early stage.

As already having extended insurance warranty cover in place with Lloyd's we in effect had double-coverage because the Gold Account effectively doubled the cover proving that we were totally unaware of the cover being present, let alone the benefits and exclusions included. Granted there may have been a slight benefit in regards to the two loans but in comparison this would be extremely small and the mis-sale of the enhanced products must surely supersede the small difference in rate.

I can confirm that we would have taken out both of the loans no matter what the interest rate was because we needed the money and the bank offered it to us. That said, at no point were the loans discussed with us and we were not aware of any special or 'preferential' rate that may or may not have been applied. I am still certain that the rate was given based on the Branch Manager's Discretionary Discount (Powers), as we had taken out previous loans with Lloyd's where some rates do not appear to be preferential going by the most recent loans taken out. Being naive a loan was a loan and the interest rate wasn't really that important to either of us - after all we knew our bank wasn't a doorstep loan shark and we trusted them and have faith in what they did for us.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Super fantastic, thank you so much Niddy, well appreciated by us both......

Comment

I've just stripped out the shit (lol) and rephrased it..... Obviously over emphasising the mis sale and illegibility etc...

Comment

LOL yep that is fab, thank you thank you for all your help and your time Niddy :-)

Comment

I emailed it to them last night and also requested if they can confirm acknowlegement - but nothing from them yet, only to make sure they did receive it, coz sometimes emails play up for me too, suppose i had better give them that chance, I'm not a bank afterall LOL!

Comment

Resend it now.

Comment

Ha ha as i read this, my hubby said the same lol, yeah wil do it now thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X