GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

LOL we have an update......

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your emails.

In October 2013, you provided information regarding the eligibility requirements for various packaged accounts with Lloyds, to Ms Jarrold. Specifically these related to the minimum income required in order to obtain the accounts.

To ensure that all the necessary information is available, the ombudsman has asked that Lloyds provides its comments on this. We have provisionally given a deadline of 28 February 2014 but this may be extended should the business require more time to respond.

I will email to confirm when we receive the response from the business. I will also contact you, should the ombudsman require further information from you.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator| Financial Ombudsman Service

Comment

I'm guessing by this you're arguing one of the reclaim points of ineligibility was the fact you weren't earning enough to warrant that type of account in the 1st place?

Is this true and was there income thresholds on the accounts in question? Was your eligibity re health brought up by the ombudsman cos I'm sure due to past conditions you're both ineligible anyway aren't you?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Your right Niddy, when it came to platinum, premier, they were income related of between approx £35 to £60K at the time on researching. when we have never been anywhere near that on a full income in total.
        When they upgraded us to Gold, 2000-2001 the income was eligible but we were paying the same monthly amount on the previous account each month of £8, we thought the previous account was normal charges so when they upgraded to gold the same amount was coming out then too, then on them upgrading the monthly amounts for the account raised.

We do both have health issues and have done since the 90's, this was raised to the previous adjudicator but no questions been raised by the ombudsman on this yet.

Comment

Was meant to post above of the income amounts, for what it was back in those days....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-platinum.html

I think they stopped this in about 2008.

Comment

Ok send this back

"thanks for your email clarifying what it is you're doing. Whilst we're on the subject of our clear illegibility for the product complained about; you also need to note that we both had medical preconditions that would also have excluded our eligibility for the Platinum Premier account. Let's not forget that they previously upgraded us to the gold account and the fee didn't change.

Please confirm you're also looking at our medical exclusions as well as the financial exclusions that should have barred us from taking the product; which was auto upgraded. We never asked for any upgrade"
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

When these were originally launched, the criteria was either an annual income or sometimes a high net vaue (of marketable assets)

e.g. for the Premier account, (launched 2003) it was >£60k gross annual income (£80k for a joint account) or >£100k of marketable assets.
              Monthly charge was £15

The platinum account (launched in 2001) required you to be over 21 and earn at least £35k
              Monthly cost was £12 (but this was waived if you kept a minimum of £3.5k in the account)

The gold account cost £8 per month and required an annual income of just £6k.

I think these requirements were removed near the start of 2008, and monthly fees increased.

The classic account had no minimum requirements (other than the usual satisfactory credit history) and had no monthly fees, as it is today

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Ok send this back

"thanks for your email clarifying what it is you're doing. Whilst we're on the subject of our clear illegibility for the product complained about; you also need to note that we both had medical preconditions that would also have excluded our eligibility for the Platinum Premier account. Let's not forget that they previously upgraded us to the gold account and the fee didn't change.

Please confirm you're also looking at our medical exclusions as well as the financial exclusions that should have barred us from taking the product; which was auto upgraded. We never asked for any upgrade"
                Thank you Niddy, will do this right now!

Comment

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your email.

I have noted the comments you have made and attached the email to our electronic file that we hold for your complaint. I confirm that the ombudsman has access to this as well as all other previous information and documentation that yourselves and Lloyds have sent by email and post.

Yours sincerely

South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR
                  ': 020

Comment

Good luck di30, fingers crossed for you
                    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Thank you Cookie2012 x

Comment

I mean Cookie2112 lol, think I said 2012 on the ppi thread too lol sorry x

Comment

Dear Mr and Mrs

I will email you tomorrow Friday 28th February 2014 to confirm whether Lloyds has responded and whether further time has been granted.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your email.

I have noted the comments you have made and attached the email to our electronic file that we hold for your complaint. I confirm that the ombudsman has access to this as well as all other previous information and documentation that yourselves and Lloyds have sent by email and post.

Yours sincerely

Write back and say

"thanks for your email however I want clarity by confirmation that the ombudsman WILL look into the eligibility factors surrounding the products versus our medical conditions at that time. The adjudicator missed this totally and I want to ensure the ombudsman doesn't and it makes sense to look at that at the same time they look into the eligibility verses earnings argument.

I would therefore request you speak to the ombudsman and clarify the above points"

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              I mean Cookie2112 lol, think I said 2012 on the ppi thread too lol sorry x
                              No worries, you're forgiven! Fingers crossed for tomorrow
                              Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Thank you :-) x LOl

His email said yesterday he would give us an update today to confirm if Lloyds need more time or if they have passed the info etc, and Niddy I have also emailed them with your info cheers for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X