GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JASSASBLUE - UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Hi All, I'm new on here, Niddy has already assisted me with 1 agreement (thanks). Current position, I am in a DMP with Stepchange and have been for 5 years, 6 more years to go. I think I've just sent them my last payment, they aren't happy with me! I stumbled across the CCA route and decided to progress it.

That's the lot for now, I'll keep you updated. It's early days for me. Stepchange have said they can no longer deal with me as I've initiated the CCA process. The DMP is up to date. I've decided to stop payments from now on, I'm nervous about the whole situation but I know I'm in very safe hands!

Account Owner Originally MBNA, now with Direct Legal Collections, credit file Hillesden Security & MBNA
    • Type of account Credit Card
    • Date commenced 18/01/2005
    • Approx balance £2417.06
    • Date last paid DMP 13/12/13
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
    • Status Default 30/06/2009 UPDATE October 2016 - now removed
    NOW SB - December 2019

Letter Sent
    Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
    11/01/14 Letter received from DLC Agreement requested from MBNA
    03/02/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
    22/02/14
    Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
    19/03/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
    14/04/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
    01/05/14 Letter received from DLC, still waiting for agreement from MBNA, account on hold for further 21 days
    11/09/14 Letter received from DLC with a copy of my agreement. Uploaded for Niddy
    09/10/14 Letter received from DLC with affordability statement - ignored
    11/11/14 Letter received from DLC offering 50% reduction to settle today - ignored
    15/12/14 Letter received from DLC offering 50% reduction to settle - ignored
    29/12/14 Niddy says UE, missing PT's sent
    13/01/15 Letter from DLC - they haven't received any contact and the balance remains outstanding, They have instructed Mercantile Data Bureau Ltd, a subsidiary of Hillesden Securities Ltd to manage my account from the date of the letter - ignored until further correspondence received
    29/01/15 - Letter from DLC, they write and confirm:

1. As the above account does not relate to a fixed term agreement the prescribed terms are not required to be on the face of the agreement.
    2. Please refer to the terms and conditions of the agreement where you will find the relevant terms of your agreement.
    3. Due to the above, the agreement complies with all regulations set out by the CCA 1974.
    4. We are happy to rely o the documents previously provided in any future agreements.

We have provided you with a copy of the original executed agreement along with a true copy. This is more than sufficient to satisfy the CCA 1974 regulations. It is important to remember that the purpose of section 77/78 of the CCA 1974 is to provide information to customers, not to establish whether or not there was a properly executed agreement i the first place or to be used as a tool to withhold payment. Collection proceedings to progress.

11/02/15 Letter from Mercantile Data Bureau asking for immediate payment
    14/02/15 SWID sent to MDB
    16/03/15 Letter from DLC, assigned account to Ruthbridge to collect balance.
    20/03/15 Letter from DLC, response to SWID, they have reviewed my account and find they have complied with CCA. Following query over prescribed terms in January they do not consider the account to be in dispute. They are happy to rely on the documentation in future proceedings

09/04/15 - Letter from Ruthbridge advising they have been passed the debt from DLC and asking for payment - ignored
    18/04/15 - Letter from Ruthbridge offering a settlement of up to 50% subject to criteria, then later in the letter stating if I fail to contact them they will apply for a CCJ / Attachment of Earnings

06/05/15 - CCA Request sent to Ruthbridge Ltd
    16/05/15 - Letter from Ruthbridge, they are unable to provide information unless I provide full name, dob and address!
    30/05/15 - Letter sent to Ruthbridge asking them to comply with the CCA and refusing personal data as they have it already!!
    06/08/15 - Letter from Ruthbridge, they are unable to provide information unless I provide full name, dob and address - ignored again
    01/04/16 - Letter received from DLC stating on 1/3/16 ME III bought my account from Hillesden Securities Ltd. ME III and Hillesden are both part of the Cabot Credit Management Group. The letter is on DLC headed paper which I've always had see above - ignored for now
    21/04/16 - Letter from DLC stating account returned from Ruthbridge, if I don't contact them within 14 days, account will be transferred to Lucas Credit Srevices DCA - ignored
    03/05/16 - Letter from Lucas Credit Services offering 50% discount settlement fee - ignored
    02/06/16 - Letter from Lucas Credit Services offering 3 payment proposals, 50%off in full, 30% if paid in 3 instalments or monthly instalments - ignored
    Last edited by jassasblue; 30 January 2020, 15:01.

Re: JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Account Owner Debt Managers Ltd, previously Next
    • Type of account Next Directory Store Card
    • Date commenced 25/11/2002
    • Approx balance £601.00
    • Date last paid DMP 13/12/2013
    • Status Default 02/10/2009 UPDATE October 16 - Default Removed due to age
    NOW SB - December 2019

Letter Sent
    Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter sent
    11/01/14 Agreement received from Next
    11/01/14 Email to Niddy
    11/01/14 Email from Niddy agreement UE :-)
    Next course of action: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...escribed-terms
    16/01/14 PT letter sent
    16/01/14 Another agreement received from Next same as 11/01/2014 - only difference they say balance £201.15 instead of £601.16
    20/01/14 Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd enclosing agreement and asking for payment - ignored as crossed with PT Letter 16/01/14
    18/03/14 Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd chasing for payment, they have contacted Stepchange who inform account closed!
    27/03/14 Letter received from Parkgate Investigation Bureau (division of Debt Managers) chasing for payment - ignored
    10/04/14 Letter received from Scotcall - Impending Debt Collection Visit

11/04/14 SWID sent
    18/05/16 Email from Next they are preparing to sell the debt to a DCA - ignored
    25/11/16 -
    Notice of Assignment received from Debt Managers (Services) Ltd, they have bought the debt from Next and chasing payment - ignored
    Daily emails received from Debt Managers asking for payment - all ignored
    13/12/16 Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd, I've failed to respond to their attempts to contact them, the next course of action is a referral to their solicitors to commence legal action or a home visit by their external agents
    10/01/17 SWID sent to Debt Managers Ltd

21/01/17 Letter from Debt Managers Ltd, info requested from Next, account on hold
    10/03/17 Letter from Debt Managers Ltd, account still on hold, no response from Next!

25/09/17 Letter from Debt Managers Ltd, (I've ignored monthly one's since March 17), they state Next Directory are unaware of any dispute on this account and haven't received any contact from me at all. They have enclosed a copy of my Credit agreement (the same one I have had twice before in 2014) also they have attached a statement, only they haven't attached mine, the one I have belongs to a chap down South (full details from them too) and not mine!!!!

01/10/17 Copy of SWID 11/04/14 sent with a one liner of their acknowledgement
    20/02/19 Letter from Debt Managers (Services) Ltd - they've written several times but I haven't been in touch to agree a payment plan....- ignored!
    01/03/19 Letter from Debt Managers - copy of GDPR changes - ignored
    07/03/19 Letter from Debt Managers - Asking me to get in touch to make arrangements to pay - ignored
    22/03/19 Letter from Debt Managers - offering discount if I pay in full - ignored
    Last edited by jassasblue; 30 January 2020, 15:01.

Comment

Account Owner Apex Credit Management, previously Egg
      • Type of account Loan
      • Date commenced 01/06/2005
      • Approx balance £1821.38
      • Status Default 17/07/2008 UPDATE October 16 - Default removed due to age
      NOW SB - December 2019

Letter Sent
      Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter sent
      11/01/14 Letter from Apex, agreement requested from Egg
      09/05/14 Agreement received from Apex, emailed to Niddy
      11/05/14 Niddy says UE Terms and Conditions missing
      24/05/14 Missing PTs letter sent to Apex
      12/06/14 Letter from Apex in response to missing PTs - ignored!
      Re your Apex purchased portfolio, please be advised that the prescribed terms relates to the making of the agreement not the enforcement of the agreement. As you signed within the box that states "this is a credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Sign it only if you want to be bound by its terms" you are liable for the outstanding balance and we will continue to pursue payment.
      04/07/14 Letter from Apex asking me to ring and pay - ignored
      16/07/14 Letter from Apex, disappointed I'm not responding to letters, asking me to call to make arrangement - ignored
      23/07/14 Letter from Apex, profiling my account for litigation. If confirmed I am a homeowner or employed account to be passed to Legal Recovery Team

25/07/14 Template Letter Threat Received Litigation Forthcoming sent to Apex
      07/08/14 Reply today from Apex regarding the template I sent above, why do they try to baffle you with lots of pages and quotes?! In a nutshell, they do not uphold my complaint. Egg have complied with my CCA request by sending reconstituted copy and they have previously advised that the prescribed terms relates to the making of the agreement and not the enforceability therefore I am liable to pay. They also state my dispute is with Egg and have provided me with their contact details. Account on hold for 21 days after which collection will recommence if I haven't been in touch to pay. Apex state they have bought my portfolio and have attached the letter from 2010 and issued another copy of my credit agreement!
      01/12/14 - Letter from Apex - financial statement - ignored
      17/08/15 - Letter received from Cabot Financial, they have purchased the account from Apex Credit Management and request that I contact to make arrangements to pay
      30/08/15 Letter received from Cabot Financial asking me to get in touch to make arrangements to pay
      15/09/15 Letter from Cabot Financial asking for payment - ignored
      20/09/15 Letter received from Cabot Financial - they are disappointed I have failed to contact them, they may have to instigate further action

25/09/15 CCA Letter sent to Cabot Financial
      07/10/15 Letter from Cabot, I've failed to contact them, they can help with payment plan - ignored
      21/10/15 Letter from Cabot, offering 20% discount if I pay in full - ignored
      10/11/15 Letter from Cabot Financial Europe Ltd, acknowledging receipt of CCA letter. Request sent to Egg for agreement, statement, original and varied terms and conditions - ignored
      07/12/15 Letter from Cabot Financial confirming they haven't yet complied with my CCA request and it is unenforceable at this time.
      Last edited by jassasblue; 30 January 2020, 15:03.

Comment

Account Owner Marlin Europe, previously Lloyds TSB
        • Date commenced 25/03/2002
        • Approx balance £4639.18
        • Status Default 24/09/2010 UPDATE October 16 Default now removed due to age
        NOW SB - December 2019

Letter Sent
        Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
        09/01/14 Letter from Marlin, agreement requested from Lloyds Bank
        17/02/14 Letter from Marlin, overdue payment - plus balance £4638.18 they've credited £1 to my account!!!
        25/03/14
        Letter from Marlin, they thank me for my request for statements and enclose copies from 2008, re my CCA request, they are still attempting to source the agreement - ignored
        15/06/14 Statement of account from Marlin - ignored
        21/01/15 Statement of account from Marlin - ignored

03/03/15 Letter received from Marlin stating they are now part of the Cabot Credit Management group, Cabot Financial are now asking for payment - ignored
        11/05/16 Letter from Cabot Financial asking for payment - ignored
        Last edited by jassasblue; 30 January 2020, 15:04.

Comment

Account Owner Barclaycard
          • Date commenced 15/08/2004
          • Approx balance £1679.19
          • Status Arrangement on Credit File UPDATE Barclaycard agreed to remove entry as should have been defaulted in 2008
          NOW SB - December 2019

Letter Sent
          Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
          11/01/14 Letter from Barclaycard, dealing with CCA request
          15/01/14 - Barclaycard letter received, they are unable to provide a copy of the terms of my credit agreement. Account suspended immediately and they accept account unenforceable.
          15/01/14 Email to Niddy to confirm.

Niddy's reply:

that's also

send this back -> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...escribed-terms

16/01/14 Above letter PT sent
          28/01/14 Reply to Missing PT's. We are unable to provide all the documentation and information required by section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. You can however request a SAR for £10. We accept that we are prevented from enforcing our agreement while this state of affairs continues yada yada yada We would however like you to pay in accordance with your statements. We may issue a default notice and instruct a third party to demand payment.

This letter is very safe in my clutches, payment? Hahaha bye bye Barclaycard - letter filed and ignored!

26/03/14 Letter from Barclaycard payment reminder - ignored
          26/04/14 Letter from Barclaycard, account to be defaulted and transferred to Mercer group (part of Barclays) - ignored
          28/06/14 Letter from Mercer threatening doorstep collection visit

15/07/14 Letter sent to Mercers Template Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
          25/07/14 Letter received from Barclaycard re my letter above, Mercers no longer deal with any of Barclaycard accounts, they also do not instruct home visits, both Barclaycard accounts on hold for 30 days. They advise me to get in touch to make arrangements to pay!

2 accounts with Barclaycard, this one and the next post down.

20/01/20 - 2 letters received, 1 x Barclaycard, they've assigned and transferred account to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Ltd who have chosen Robinson Way Ltd to act on their behalf - ignored as per Di
          20/01/20 - Other letter Hoist Finance - Notice of Assignment to Robinson Way - ignored as per Di=T
          24/01/20 - Letter from Robinson Way asking me to register online for their Portal and to call immediately to arrange a payment plan
          29/01/20 - Text received asking me to call Robinson Way to discuss payment options
          30/01/20 - Text received asking me to call Robinson Way asap to discuss payment
          31/01/20 - Text received urgent that I call Robinson Way before action
          31/01/20 - Voicemail received urgent I contact Robinson Way - no idea where they got my mobile number from, I've not had it long and certainly never given it to Barclaycard!
          08/02/20 - Daily texts and voicemails received from Robinson Way asking me to contact asap - all ignored

14/02/20 - Changed my mobile number due to constant harassment from Robinson Way
          12/03/20 - Letter from Robinson Way, they are unable to contact me (you don't say!), they request I contact them as a matter urgency regarding the outstanding balance - ignored
          Last edited by jassasblue; 12 March 2020, 20:07.

Comment

Account Owner Barclaycard (formerly Skycard)
            • Date commenced 14/12/2005
            • Approx balance £4459.67
            • Status Arrangement on Credit File UPDATE Barclaycard agreed to remove entry as should have been defaulted in 2008
            NOW SB - December 2019

Letter Sent
            Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent

11/01/14 Letter from Barclaycard, dealing with CCA request
            15/01/14 Barclaycard letter received, they are unable to provide a copy of the terms of my credit agreement. Account suspended immediately and they accept account unenforceable.
            15/01/14
            Email to Niddy to confirm.

Niddy's reply:

that's also

send this back -> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...escribed-terms

16/01/14 PT Letter sent
            28/01/14 Reply to Missing PT's. We are unable to provide all the documentation and information required by section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. You can however request a SAR for £10. We accept that we are prevented from enforcing our agreement while this state of affairs continues yada yada yada We would however like you to pay in accordance with your statements. We may issue a default notice and instruct a third party to demand payment.

This letter is very safe in my clutches, payment? Hahaha bye bye Barclaycard - letter filed and ignored!

13/02/14 Letter and statement from Barclaycard, my payment plan cancelled, now in arrears, interest and charges to be resumed - ignored.
            20/06/14 Default notice received from Mercers
            11/07/14 Letter from Barclaycard asking me to call and pay as account overdue -
            ignored

2 accounts with Barclaycard, this one and the next post up.

20/01/20 - 2 letters received, 1 x Barclaycard, they've assigned and transferred account to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Ltd who have chosen Robinson Way Ltd to act on their behalf - ignored as per Di
            20/01/20 - Other letter Hoist Finance - Notice of Assignment to Robinson Way - ignored as per Di
            24/01/20 - Letter from Robinson Way asking me to register online for their Portal and to call immediately to arrange a payment plan
            29/01/20 - Text received asking me to call Robinson Way to discuss payment options
            30/01/20 - Text received asking me to call Robinson Way asap to discuss payment
            31/01/20 - Text received urgent that I call Robinson Way before action
            31/01/20 - Voicemail received urgent I contact Robinson Way - no idea where they got my mobile number from, I've not had it long and certainly never given it to Barclaycard!
            08/02/20 - Daily texts and voicemails received from Robinson Way asking me to contact asap - all ignored

14/02/20 - Changed my mobile number due to constant harassment from Robinson Way
            12/03/20 - Letter from Robinson Way, they are unable to contact me (you don't say!), they request I contact them as a matter urgency regarding the outstanding balance - ignored
            Last edited by jassasblue; 12 March 2020, 20:08.

Comment

Account Owner Allied International Credit, previously Amex
              • Date commenced 11/04/2006
              • Approx balance £3112.91
              • Status Default 26/07/2008 UPDATE October 16 - Default removed due to age
              NOW SB - December 2019

Letter Sent
              Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent 03/01/2014
              20/01/14 No reply yet
              21/01/14 Letter from Amex returning CCA letter requesting signature and also asking for any previous names (I've changed back to my maiden name 7 years ago)
              24/01/14 Letter Sent http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...d-of-signature
              07/02/14 Letter from Amex with copy agreement emailed to Niddy
              09/02/14 Niddy says UE, send missing PT's
              10/02/14 Missing PT's sent

17/02/14 Letter from AIC dated 12/02/14 demanding payment - ignored as crossed with missing PT's
              22/02/14 Letter from Amex, my Missing PT's letter passed to their Complaints Dept!
              06/03/14 Letter from Amex disputing my UE claim as I effectively signed when I applied online for the card by ticking a box!

Niddy says: The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order 2004 came into force in December 2004 meaning any online agreements entered into prior to this date still need a signed executed credit agreement. As yours was after this date the tick in the box is fine, however they should supply a copy of the actual tick-in-the-box as opposed to a signed application, if you see what I mean?

It's all very well them saying you did this, so they need to send a copy then to prove it!

01/04/14 Letter from Amex, account transferred to DCA UCA - ignoring until I hear from UCA
              03/04/14 Letter from UCA requesting I call to discuss payment terms
              10/04/14 SWID sent to UCA
              17/04/14 Letter from NCO (where have UCA gone?!) acknowledged my letter 10/04/14 - passed to Amex complaints department - ignored
              20/05/14 Letter from Amex, they've investigated my complaint and sent another letter showing an empty box which I must have ticked when applying (that's my signature!) plus on the basis I used the card they can only assume I was provided with the Agreement etc etc. They are no longer going to discuss this matter and will continue with collection activity
              14/10/14 Letter from Amex stating assigned to Firstsource Advantage for collection - ignored
              17/10/14 Letter from Firstsource Advantage asking for payment - ignored
              01/11/14 Letter from UCA stating NCO now the branding name - confused or what!
              12/11/14 Letter from Firstsource Advantage offering payment arrangement - ignored
              12/01/15 Letter from Firstsource Advantage (in India!) offering payment arrangement - ignored
              03/03/15 Letter from Firstsource Advantage stating account transferred to Firstsource Solutions UK to allow me to pay the UK office - ignored!
              26/08/15 - Statement received - ignored
              26/09/15 - Statement received - ignored
              04/01/19 - Letter from AMEX they have referred the debt to First Source Solutions UK - ignored
              08/01/19 - Letter from First Source Uk - requesting payment - ignored
              08/02/19 - Letter from First Source UK - settlement offer payable by instalments - ignored
              20/03/19 - Letter from First Source UK - settlement offer for full and final of £2018.18 - ignored
              Last edited by jassasblue; 30 January 2020, 15:05.

Comment

Account Owner Moorcroft Debt Recovery, previously Citi Cards

Type of account
                Credit Card
                Date commenced Unknown poss 95 - 96
                Approx balance £1476.34
                Date last paid DMP 13/12/2013
                Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
                Status Dropped off Credit File

NOW SB - December 2019

Letter Sent
                Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
                13/01/14 Letter received from Moorcroft saying contact Citi Financial for CCA
                16/01/14 CCA Letter sent to Citi Financial
                01/02/14 Letter Received from Citi Cards
                unfortunately we are no longer able to assist you as your card account has been sold to third party organisation. All information requests (other than data subject information requests under the Data Protection Act 1998) must be requested directly from the third party organisation who purchased your account. They haven't returned my PO either !!
                03/02/14 2nd CCA Letter sent to Moorcroft with copy of Citi Cards Letter
                13/02/14 Letter received from Moorcroft - Account in dispute, they are to contact OC, advised I suspend payment and await further outcome.
                07/03/14 Letter from Moorcroft, failed to pay arrangement, doorstep visit arranged.
                01/10/15 Annual Statement received from Moorcroft - ignored

01/09/17 Annual Statement received from Moorcroft - ignored
                08/09/17 Letter from Moorcroft asking me to ring them to make arrangements to pay - ignored
                22/09/17 Letter from Moorcroft with Monthly Instalment offer - ignored
                06/10/17 Letter from Moorcroft - further debt recovery action to be taken - ignored
                20/10/17 Letter from Moorcroft - discount offer - ignored
                01/12/17 Letter from Moorcroft - they are sending a representative to my house - ignored
                12/12/17 Mr Holmes called to my house but I was out - he also spoke to my neighbour!!!
                29/12/17 Letter from Moorcroft 70% settlement offer - ignored
                04/08/18 Letter from Moorcroft - debt collection to commence - ignored
                16/08/18 Letter from Moorcroft - they haven't heard from me asking me to call them - ignored
                01/09/18 Annual statement received - ignored
                03/09/18 Letter from Moorcroft offering monthly payments - ignored
                17/09/18 Letter from Moorcroft - further debt recovery action to be taken - ignored
                08/09/17 Letter from Moorcroft asking me to ring them to make arrangements to pay - ignored
                22/09/17 Letter from Moorcroft with Monthly Instalment offer - ignored
                06/10/17 Letter from Moorcroft - further debt recovery action to be taken - ignored
                20/10/17 Letter from Moorcroft - discount offer - ignored
                01/12/17 Letter from Moorcroft - they are sending a representative to my house - ignored
                12/12/17 Mr Holmes called to my house but I was out - he also spoke to my neighbour!!!
                29/12/17 Letter from Moorcroft 70% settlement offer - ignored
                04/08/18 Letter from Moorcroft - debt collection to commence - ignored
                16/08/18 Letter from Moorcroft - they haven't heard from me asking me to call them - ignored
                01/09/18 Annual statement received - ignored
                03/09/18 Letter from Moorcroft offering monthly payments - ignored
                17/09/18 Letter from Moorcroft - further debt recovery action to be taken - ignored
                02/11/18 Letter from Moorcroft 70% settlement offer - ignored
                18/01/19 Letter from Moorcroft - requesting I contact them to arrange payment - ignored
                01/02/19 Letter from Moorcroft - further request to contact them, they have purchased this account and require payment, doorstep collection to commence
                16/02/19 Letter from Moorcroft - requesting I contact them to make payment and avoid further action - ignored
                02/03/19 Letter from Moorcroft - Monthly Instalment Offer - as I've ignored all letters they are expecting £100 per month based on my financial position !!!!!
                16/03/19 Letter from Moorcroft - further debt recover action now initiated, doorstep visit arranged
                Last edited by jassasblue; 30 January 2020, 15:06.

Comment

Account Owner Argos

Type of account Store Card
                  Date commenced 16/11/2004
                  Approx balance £1590.23
                  Date last paid DMP 16/12/2013
                  Status Default on credit file 06/04/14 UPDATE Removed April 2020 due to age

NOW SB - April 2020

Letter Sent
                  Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
                  20/01/14
                  No response yet
                  29/01/14 Agreement received (21 pages of small print) emailed to Niddy

Niddy says ignore

03/02/14 Missing PT's template sent
                  14/02/14 Letter received from Argos - Unfortunately we are unable to locate the signed copy of your agreement. We make no admissions whether or not the agreement was actually signed by yourself and reserve the right to undertake a more thorough search should it become necessary for us to enforce the agreement in court. We accept that unless we are able to locate the signed agreement or otherwise prove that it was signed by you it is unenforceable against you.

Finally after 6 years it looks like I'll get a default, this letter is very safe

25/02/14 Default notice received from Argos and notification saying DCA to be assigned. Argos never stopped the interest during my DMP, in fact I owe more now after 5 years of DMP than when I started!!!!

26/03/14 Letter from FRS Financial Recovery Services Letter, Pre Litigation Warning,
                  29/03/14 SWID sent
                  03/04/14 Letter from FRS - Notice of Intended Recovery, threatening they may refer for a home visit or legal action to obtain a CCJ - I think this has crossed with the SWID letter so ignored
                  01/05/14 Letter from FRS - they are delighted to offer me a settlement opportunity of minus 20% - ignored!
                  12/05/14 Letter from FRS - asking me to call to make payment - ignored!

24/05/14 Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery they are now collecting the balance, request I ring to make arrangement to pay.
                  03/06/14 Letter from Argos responding to my SWID 29/3/14 - They confirm that they are unable to locate my credit agreement as they have previously notified me. However they do not accept that the agreement is unenforceable and they have sent me a statement, they are to continue with Debt Collection activities. Good luck with that then Argos!
                  12/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft, chasing payment and notifying me that they intend to arrange a doorstep recovery visit, consider legal action and adverse entry on my credit file - ignored
                  25/06/14 Letter from Moorcroft - monthly instalment offer -
                  ignored
                  11/07/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Commencement of legal action by external solicitors
                  15/07/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft Template Threat Received - Standard Threat-o-Gram sent
                  06/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - requesting payment or threat of further debt recovery action - ignored
                  06/08/14 Letter sent to Moorcroft - SWID
                  17/08/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Account on hold until they contact Argos
                  04/09/14 Letter from Moorcroft - Argos confirm they wrote to me 12/02/14, 26/04/14, 30/05/14, Argos advise the balance is now payable to Moorcroft. What they fail to mention is they can't find my credit agreement!!!!
                  22/09/14 Template confirming no CCA & copy of letter from Argos sent to Moorcroft
                  02/10/14 Letter from Moorcroft, account returned to Argos, they are no longer dealing.
                  27/10/16 Letter from Moorcroft - they are acting as a collection agent for Argos - ignored
                  12/11/16 Letter from Moorcroft -
                  threatening further action if I don't respond either a home visit, legal action by Solicitors or an adverse entry on by credit file (hmm there's already a default showing from 2014!) - ignored
                  10/12/16 Letter from Moorcroft, threatening further action if I don't respond by 13/12/16
                  13/12/16 Letter sent with a copy of the letter I sent on 22/09/14
                  28/12/16 Letter received from Moorcroft, account closed on their system, it is in the process of being returned to Argos following my letter 13/12/16 - result!

19/01/17 Letter from Fredrickson, Argos instructed them to contact me regarding payment of the account, all communication to be sent to them, request to contact for payment and balance increased now £1726.35
                  10/02/17 Letter from Fredrickson, requesting payment or further action
                  11/02/17 SWID sent to Fredrickson
                  24/02/17 Letter from Fredrickson, account on hold, information requested from Argos
                  15/03/17 Letter from Fredrickson account still on hold while Argos investigate
                  21/03/17
                  Letter received from Argos, they are requesting a £1.00 fee for the CCA, do I send this? I sent a SWID to Fredrickson. - ignored as per advice
                  09/04/17 Letter from Fredrickson, account on hold while Argos dealing, I haven't sent the £1 for CCA as I did this in 2014
                  07/05/19 Letter from Argos Card, they have sold the debt to Arrow Global Limited on 27/02/19, also in the same envelope letter from Arrow Capquest stating the balance is now due to them and requesting payment - ignored

19/09/19 Letter from Capquest, They are instructing Resolvecall to visit my property if I do not contact before 02/10/19 - ignored
                  13/10/19 Letter from Resolvecall acting on behalf of Capquest, they are sending a representative to my property - ignored
                  31/01/20 - Yearly statement received from Arrow Global - ignored
                  Last edited by jassasblue; 4 April 2020, 12:48.

Comment

Account Owner Studio Catalogue

Type of account Catalogue
                    Date commenced 21/09/2004
                    Approx balance £1299.59
                    Date last paid DMP 25/12/2013
                    Status Default on credit file 25/05/14

NOW SB - December 2019

Letter Sent
                    Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
                    15/01/14 Reconstituted agreement and statement of account received,
                    15/01/14 Email to Niddy for advice (signature electronic and definitely not mine!)

Niddy's reply:
                    It's unenforceable. Stop paying and send them the Missing PT's letter.

Template to send back -> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/index.php/template-letters/unenforceability/s2-receiving-letters/118-cca-query-missing-prescribed-terms

Now even though we know it's a fraudulent copy, at this stage we don't tell them. So obviously that's why we're sending the missing PT's template so as not to give away your ace card ie they sent a fake recon and faked your signature (fraud).

They won't win if they took you to court, put it that way

16/01/14 PT Letter sent
                    25/01/14 Reply from Studio, clever nonsense and asking for payment, emailed to Niddy to be sure UE, ignore was the reply - cheers pal!

08/02/14
                    Letter received - thanking me for my £1 payment 9th January (this was for my CCA request and they've applied it to my account!). Letter states they are to reapply interest and charges to my account as I haven't paid. For every letter they will make a charge

10/02/14 Copy of CCA letter issued and one liner asking to remove £1 as a payment off my account

19/02/14 2 Letters from Studio - 1 stating £12 default charge added for non payment and the other contains this: 'As confirmed in a recent court case (Carey v HSBC 2009) Section 78 of the CCA 1974 requires creditors to provide a reconstituted copy of the credit agreement. It further states that of a copy of the original agreement is not required to be provided'. Then later 'We would remind you that the original credit agreement was sent with your order when the account was opened in September 2004. Our customers are asked to sign both copies, returning one copy and to keep their copy in a safe place should they decide to choose repayment by credit terms instead of full payment. By taking advantage of paying the minimum payment every 28 days you are as such subject to the terms and conditions as stated within the credit agreement' and so it goes on....

07/03/14 Letter sent Creditor Refusal to accept UE status

13/03/14 Letter from Studio refusing to accept UE, chasing for payment
                    20/03/14 3 letters received today, 1 x default notice from DCS (Debt Collection & Security), 1 x notice of arrears with lots of extra charges, 1 x statement -
                    all ignored
                    17/04/14 Letter from DCS, transfer to Moorcroft Debt Collection, more charges added - ignored until they contact
                    10/05/14 Letter from Akinika Debt Recovery, threatening, CCJ, Home Visit etc
                    21/05/14 Letter from Akinika Debt Recovery offering a substantial discount on my balance, must call now - ignored as sent the below letter

24/05/14 Letter sent to Akinika (Niddy special) as below
                    I write with reference to your letter dated 7 May 2014 and note the content within.

Last I heard Studio sold this to Moorcroft Debt Collection on 17th April; yet here you are trying to act all high and mighty less than only two weeks later? Tell you what, being Studio have instructed you to collect on this account you can be the ones who try again, by first sending a copy of the assignment notice from Studio giving you authority to deal with this matter because I was told only a couple of weeks ago that Moorcroft would be managing this account.

On a separate matter, your threats are totally unlawful and quite misleading as is the use of bold highlighted font, with the intention to scare. As a result of your quite unlawful tactics to scare a debtor, I feel I am left with no alternative but to report you to the Financial Conduct Authority because under the new FCA Consumer Credit Sourcebook regulations it is clear your behaviour and use of language in this one letter breaches no less than 11 separate elements of CONC. That in my view is pretty severe and I hope the FCA punish you accordingly.I write with reference to your letter dated 7 May 2014 and note the content within.

Last I heard Studio sold this to Moorcroft Debt Collection on 17th April; yet here you are trying to act all high and mighty less than only two weeks later? Tell you what, being Studio have instructed you to collect on this account you can be the ones who try again, by first sending a copy of the assignment notice from Studio giving you authority to deal with this matter because I was told only a couple of weeks ago that Moorcroft would be managing this account.

On a separate matter, your threats are totally unlawful and quite misleading as is the use of bold highlighted font, with the intention to scare. As a result of your quite unlawful tactics to scare a debtor, I feel I am left with no alternative but to report you to the Financial Conduct Authority because under the new FCA Consumer Credit Sourcebook regulations it is clear your behaviour and use of language in this one letter breaches no less than 11 separate elements of CONC. That in my view is pretty severe and I hope the FCA punish you accordingly.

05/06/14 Letter from Akinika acknowledging my complaint, account on hold while they investigate!
                    11/07/14 Letter from Akinika, they reject my letter of complaint, they can't comment about Moorcroft but confirm Studio instruct them to deal with this undisputed debt. 'Undisputed' ?? They can't produce my credit agreement, do I need to reply, they've sent an income / expenditure form before further action! - ignored
                    08/11/14 Letter from Wescot asking for payment - ignored
                    18/11/14 Letter from Wescot saying they've done address checks etc again requesting payment - ignored
                    28/11/14 Letter from Wescot offering 50% settlement offer of £671.80 - ignored
                    14/12/14 Letter from Wescott offering instalment plan - ignored
                    29/12/14 SWID sent to Wescot
                    15/01/15 - Letter from Wescot acknowledging SWID, they are to contact Studio - account on hold
                    09/02/15 Letter from Wescot, Studio have contacted them stating I was told in March 2014 they are no longer discussing this account with me as they have provided my Agreement (they fail tell Wescot they have forged a signature that isn't mine!!). Wescot state there is no dispute and collection to resume
                    23/01/15 Final UE General template sent
                    03/03/16 Letter from Lowell Portfolio - they have bought the debt and requesting payment
                    07/03/16 SWID sent to Lowell
                    31/03/16 Letter from Lowell acknowledging SWID, they have contacted Express Gifts - account on hold
                    11/06/16 -
                    3 x letters received from Lowells today, 1 x copy of agreement following CCA request, 1 x requesting payment as they've complied with my request and the 3rd see below!!:

We purchased this account in good faith and were not aware of any outstanding disputes. We consider the best way to resolve this matter is to write off the outstanding balance, close the account and remove the default from my credit file.
                    Last edited by jassasblue; 22 December 2019, 17:30.

Comment

what nonsense Stepchange blather on, no way can they stop your DMP because you are challenging the validity of your agreements.

however, you've made a good decision, we'll help and you should have a read at some of the older diaries, and see how it all can go

welcome and well done

Comment

Thanks Mrs D, I've spent the last few days reading up on here with many more to come, I figure it's a long journey ahead, but one I'm prepared for. Onwards and upwards

Comment

Hi jassablue, Hope you don't mind, I've split your 1st post, a separate post for each of your accounts so it's easier for Niddy to reply and help
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you, that does read better. Sorry I did read 1 per post but wasn't quite sure how to split them up.

Comment

Good looking diary. Well done
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X