GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JASSASBLUE - UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Originally posted by jassasblue View Post
    Thank you, that does read better. Sorry I did read 1 per post but wasn't quite sure how to split them up.
    By writing one entry then submit it. Write another and submit that (reply to thread) etc etc
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well done. You see, you thought that you were in debt for a large amount. Hopefully you will soon realise that you do not owe this money!

Comment

Welcome and good luck
        Fight the good fight and we will prevail
        Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
          what nonsense Stepchange blather on, no way can they stop your DMP because you are challenging the validity of your agreements.
          Hi Jassablue

Welcome to AAD!

I'd be interested to know why Stepchange said that they couldn't deal with you. Was it the usual line that they can only deal with a dmp if 100% of creditors are on it?

If its just because you sent a CCA request then thats a new low even for them as its a legislative right you have as a consumer to request a copy of your agreement. You could want a copy for multiple reasons, not just to challenge whether the agreement can be enforced (e.g. you may want to challenge the interest/charges, or to discover if PPI was added etc etc...)
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Stepchange say I have to pay ALL creditors that I registered with them. As Niddy confirms Next is unenforceable I don't want to pay them. Stepchange say I cannot remove a Creditor from the plan and I must continue to pay my monthly amount.

I've decided to stop paying Stepchange. Pending the outcome of the CCA requests, I'll go it alone if need be. I expect DCA letters will commence when they don't get paid via the DMP.

Comment

Yes, you'll get a flurry of letters from dcas but they do tend to die down after a while. Just let us know what they send...and don't be frightened by big red capital letters!

If you can, save whatever you were paying to the DMP in case you need to do a F&F settlement.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you, I've been paying £300 per month, at one point it was £500! If I'd taken an IVA I'd be debt free now, Stepchange recommended a 12 year DMP (can't believe I fell for it!) Anyway what's done is done, the way forward is I'll save the DMP payment as you advise that won't be an issue, I'd already paid this month before I decided to take the UE route.
                Let battle commence and thanks guys I'm definitely in safe hands here

Comment

How come you were paying your student loans through stepchange?
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Student loans? I don't have any Pixie, I've just read another post saying they do exactly that. I can't remember who it was though, it's my sleeptime

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      How come you were paying your student loans through stepchange?
                      Student loans? I don't have any Pixie, I've just read another post saying they do exactly that. I can't remember who it was though, it's my sleeptime
                      Originally posted by Committed2Change View Post
                      OK, I will stop my DMP payments - arrange to pay my student loans directly, they were getting the full amount via the dmp anyway so shouldn't be too difficult to sort out and send out my CCA letters.
                      I think it was Committed2Change that pixie could have meant ?

Comment

Thank you, I've been paying £300 per month, at one point it was £500! If I'd taken an IVA I'd be debt free now, Stepchange recommended a 12 year DMP (can't believe I fell for it!) Anyway what's done is done, the way forward is I'll save the DMP payment as you advise that won't be an issue, I'd already paid this month before I decided to take the UE route.
                        Let battle commence and thanks guys I'm definitely in safe hands here
                        The time scale is ridiculous.
                        StepPlan love these agreements as they give the Financial Industry long-term control over people's lives.
                        More people would adhere to them if there was a greater write off and fixed term span of no more than 5 years.
                        These voluntary arrangements are in some ways worse than BR/IVA.
                        The worst scenario that could happen now is a Peter Pan payment plan (Never Never) or a much reduced F&F settlement.
                        Either way is preferable to being gouged out by those loathsome sock puppets .

Comment

Have you stopped the DMP completely now? I'm in the same situation as you

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggle61 View Post
                            Have you stopped the DMP completely now? I'm in the same situation as you
                            Yes, I'm new to this but I've just cancelled. Stepchange very unhelpful indeed. I'm awaiting the CCA responses then I'll take it from there with help on here. Best decision I ever made, shame I didn't research this earlier. Good luck Wiggle 61 - keep the faith

Comment

Barclaycard letter received, the are unable to provide a copy of the terms of my credit agreement. Account suspended immediately and they accept account unenforceable. Email to Niddy to confirm.

Comment

Barclaycard letter received, the are unable to provide a copy of the terms of my credit agreement. Account suspended immediately and they accept account unenforceable. Email to Niddy to confirm.
                                Well done.....keep that letter very safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X