GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JASSASBLUE - UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    I tend to agree with Di. The content of your thread that just niggled was 2017 where you sent a SWID with a one liner. This is exactly the sort of thing that worries me.

I had a debt and in May 2015 I sent a letter saying I can not pay you any more, not even what your asking. It worried me that a judge might see that as an admission and not the ravings of a very stressed man who would have sold his granny to get them off my back. Luckily the date of that letter was 1st May 2015 but even so I won’t tell them.

You will see NW has accounts long since SB and uses the letters for scrap paper. I do the same
    Thank you both (Di too) for your replies. Since Dec 2013, the only account that I contacted and inadvertently acknowledged was Barclaycard, I challenged their default date, I took out a DMP with Stepchange in November 2007 and Barclaycard defaulted me in 2014 after I took the unenforceable route. The FOS instructed them to remove the default, no other contact was made with them other than the AAD letters.

Re this account, the SWID with the one liner I was advised to send to them from this site, the one liner simply quoted see previous SWID January 2017. Again no other contact has been made with any other Creditors apart from the recommended AAD posts, my last payment to all of them was December 2013.

I'm feeling quite nervous that I'm thinking I'm home and dry and statute barred when you suggest perhaps otherwise.

I'll sit tight but the thought of legal proceedings does worry me.

Thanks again all, I guess I'll have to tolerate the emails and voicemails.

Comment

• Originally posted by jassasblue View Post
      Thank you both (Di too) for your replies.

I'll sit tight but the thought of legal proceedings does worry me. . . . I guess I'll have to tolerate the emails and voicemails.

Don't be worried about the thought of legal proceedings because before they can issue a claim they are obliged to send you a Letter of Claim giving you 30 days to reply before they should issue s court claim.

At that point you can make them aware the debt is Statute Barred.

Hopefully the emails and voicemails will stop eventually. Perhaps wait until they write to you, and then post on the forum for another analysis of the status of the debt then.

Di

Comment

• I'm really sorry if I worried you, it was not my intention. I was trying (in my own hamfisted manner) to say why I have never told any of my creditors the debt is SB. If I need to I will but while it is the odd letter etc I won't. I also know that I have sent letters which looked at in the wrong light by the wrong judge could have been seen as an admission- fortunately the last one of those was sent 1st May 2015 so even giving time for slow post means I have crossed the finish line. I have also sent letters I would not have wanted a judge to see as they were totally unreasonable and abusive- all I can say is I am a lot calmer now but in the words of Bruce Banner - Don't make me angry- you wouldn't like me when I'm angry

Comment

Working...
        X