GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Buffy's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffy's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy's diary

Hi guys, firstly I have to say I'm glad I found this forum

Secondly I could do with some advice on our problem.
    We have been on a DMP with Payplan for 4 years. At the moment paying £145 to it and our debt is around £18000, which means it will take us a looooong time to pay it off. We have 10 different credit accounts and all but one are defaulted. Most have been passed to DCAs (thought i believe Moorcroft is part of HSBC). We were thinking about stopping the DMP and sending CCA's. Should I only send them to the accounts that were opened before April 2007? In our case that is only 2 loans and a credit card with HSBC but those are the biggest debts, totalling around £13000.

If we stop the DMP then we can save those payments to pay for F+F settlements. Our defaults still have around 4 years left on them.

What's the best course of action? Stop the DMP and send CCAs to HSBC and then see what the other creditors do? Should we contact Payplan and say we only want to make token £1 to each creditor?

I was thinking that if I stop the DMP I can pay that money to the creditors that are past April 2007 and clear the debt in full with one creditor at a time. These are mostly credit cards:
    Moorcroft £180 (Argos card)
    Moorcroft £450 (Homebase card)
    CL finance £500 (dont even remember)
    Barclaycard £1000 (was Egg card)
    Halifax £1400
    Barclays £400
    Aqua £700

With HSBC debts I would love to sort out a F+F or even better if they end up being UEs

Any advice would be great
    Last edited by buffy300577; 2 June 2012, 11:48.

Re: Buffy's diary

Hi buffy300577 and welcome, please could you read the post below from Never-in-Doubt. The more information the better for Niddy.

Best wishes on your UE journey
    IF…x

To help me, to help you, please provide the following information for each account:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Providing the above information, for each account helps me. Then, when you start the process lay your diary out in a format like this example
    All you have to do is read down, you'll see Pixie has placed each account in its own post with updates in colour under each so when she updates these, it is easier for me to spot any changes and advise accordingly.
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

wont let me delete post
      Last edited by buffy300577; 12 May 2013, 19:39.

Comment

Halifax
        Current balance £1385
        Account Opened: 28 June 2007
        Last full payment: March 2009
        Default Date: 3 February 2010
        DMP with Payplan cancelled January 2014 - Not paying anything at the mo

26/06 CCA Request & Proof of Default send
        CCA back looks
        14/01/14 Still paying £1 a month
        01/02/14 Last payment to the DMP
        24/07/14 I've had no contact from Halifax
        02/03/14 Halifax have send one letter i think since July which i have ignored. One year left for Default to come off my file
        29/07/15 This is still with Halifax but they haven't bothered me for nearly a year. Default drops off my credit file in 6 months and it will be the last default
        12/11/15 Letter send from Akinika, saying debt has been passed to them and offering a discount
        24/11/15 Letter send to Akinika offering them £300 as a F+F settlement
        24/04/17 Debt is off my Credit File, i haven't heard from them since 2015 .I recently tried a mortgage application with them and was declined due to a debt that was written off on their files. I'm guessing it was this one.
        Last edited by buffy300577; 24 April 2017, 16:49.

Comment

HSBC - Was with Metropolitan, now with Arrow Global
          Current balance £3755 (loan)
          Account Opened: 26 August 2006
          Last full payment: June 2008
          Default Date: 17 April 2009

6/6/12 Send CCA letter

20/6/12 Received letter, only referring to the overdraft, Section 78 does not apply to current accounts.
          25/06/12 Letter from Metropolitan. When they have the docs they will send them to me.
          17/7/12 Send CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
          CCA back, awaiting Niddy's judgement
          04/08/12 Niddy says it could be but blag it for the time. Sending CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms on Monday
          02/01/14 Have send them a F+F for 15%, also this account does not appear in Noddle or Experian reports
          24/07/14 I've had no contact from Metropolitan
          02/03/15 Nothing heard from them still. 2 months left before it drops from my credit file
          24/11/15 This has now fallen off my credit file and i haven't heard anything from them in 2 years. Lets hope they stay away
          24/04/2017 I started getting letters from Reston Solicitor threatening legal action now. It seems that this loan has now somehow been converted to an overdraft from HSBC

Last edited by buffy300577; 24 April 2017, 20:33.

Comment

HSBC mastercard - Was with Metropolitan, now with Arrow Global
            Current balance £4178
            Account opened: 14/01/1999
            Last full payment: June 2008
            Default Date: 13 November 2009
            Stopped payments August 2013

6/6/12 Send CCA letter

26/06/12 Letter from Metropolitan, they don't have the documents now, will issue to me when they do
            17/7/12 Send CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
            CCA back, awaiting Niddy's judgement
            04/08/12 Mastercard 100% Sending "Missing terms" on Monday

April 2013 - Account was sold to NCO Arrow Global
            20th May 2013 - Account sold in dispute letter send to Arrow Global
            30th December 2013 - I haven't heard anything from Arrow Global since May.
            24/07/14 Still nothing from them, been a year since last payment
            02/03/15 Nothing heard from them, in November default drops off
            24/11/15 This has now fallen off my credit file and i haven't heard anything from them in 2.5 years. Lets hope they stay away
            Last edited by buffy300577; 24 April 2017, 17:01.

Comment

CL finance
              Current balance £500 (credit card)
              Account Opened 29 October 2007
              Last full payment: June 2009
              Not defaulted, shows DMP as 6 missed payments
              Currently on DMP with Payplan paying £1

On the 1st Feb 2013 they accepted F+F of 50% and debt is now cleared
              Last edited by buffy300577; 30 December 2013, 13:48.

Comment

Moorcroft (Homebase store card)
                Current balance £407
                Account Opened 29 December 2005
                Default Date 4 July 2011

6/6/12 Send CCA and default letter
                18/7/12 Send CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
                4/08/12 Send them a F+F request
                update: They are asking for 80% as F+F settlement
                30/12/13 Got another offer letter for around 73%, have replied that I can only afford 60%
                10/1/14 Moorcroft letter saying lowest they will accept is £300
                14/01/14 Send reply letter saying I can only afford £200
                24/07/14 Last week they kept calling everyday and leaving voicemail, i just ignored them and they went away
                01/09/2014 Account has been passed to Fredrickson. They have called several times and now send letter threatening Court Proceedings.
                02/03/15 I send them a letter asking proof of the default notice. They have send me back to Homebase.
                24/11/15 This is not appearing on my credit file anymore, not sure if they have closed the account.
                Last edited by buffy300577; 24 November 2015, 15:31.

Comment

Moorcroft (Argos store card)
                  Current balance £266
                  Account Opened 3 February 2006
                  Default Date 25 June 2009
                  Currently on DMP with Payplan paying £1

6/6/12 Send CCA and default letter
                  18/7/12 Send CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
                  CCA back, Niddy says
                  4/08/12 Send them a F+F request

On 8th Jan 2013 they accepted F+F of £200 and the debt has been cleared
                  Last edited by buffy300577; 30 December 2013, 13:48.

Comment

wont let me delete post
                    Last edited by buffy300577; 12 May 2013, 19:40.

Comment

wont let me delete post

Comment

wont let me delete post

Comment

They're all newish debts and likely to mainly be enforceable however no harm getting a cca
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Its only the HSBC ones that are prior to April 2007 but those are the biggest 3. If we stop making payments to the DMP what's the most likely thing to happen? I was thinking to continue with the payments to the 2 that are not defaulted yet and try and pay them in full asap.
                            I think its only Moorcroft that are a debt recovery agency that the debt was sold to the rest are still with the original creditor or a agency that works for them. If we make no payments to them how soon can they slap us with a CCF?

Comment

Do you mean CCJ?

I don't think there's a definitive time scale but someone else might know more but we could help you before it got to that. There are people on here with quite large enforceable debts that they haven't paid for a year or two (or longer) and are blagging.

Apart from your loans, they are all relatively small amounts and it would be unlikely(but not impossible) that they take you to court for them.

As Niddy says, you've nothing to lose by sending cca requests.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X