GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Buffy's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffy's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buffy's diary

Originally posted by JLC View Post
    I don't think Niddy and the team will let you get a CCJ!
    You won't be allowed to get a CCJ. For information, it wouldn't necessarily show on your credit file, but it would be listed on Trust, which is also checked.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm just going to ignore Moorcroft's letter for the time being and see what they send next. Maria

Comment

Sounds like a good plan.x
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So its been about a year and at the moment the only thing i still get letters about is the HSBC Loan. It was with Moorcroft then was transferred to Arrow Global and i have just been ignoring their usual letters until. I got a letter from Reston solicitors last week, acting on behalf of Arrow Global who has referred the account to them for legal action. What do i do in this case, still ignore it or do i need to send them a letter? The weird thing is the are saying that it is a HSBC overdraft when it was actually a loan. Thanks in advance

Comment

Oh i just realised that they have used my old HSBC current account to pay the loan and now they are calling this an "overdraft". That must be illegal surely??

Comment

I would say an LBA to Restons (Letter before action) or SWID to arrow would be best to send especially as it's been sold on. Don't tell them of the mistake as it could be in your favour.

Comment

Hey JLC thanks. Where are the letters by the way, can't find them on this site. I'm sure they were here but haven't had to use them for like 2-3 years

Comment

​they are in the AAD+ section

Comment

This is the letter you need to adapt and send. http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/FREE/LBA-2016.doc. As JLC has posted, dont tell them about any errors, just send the letter.

Comment

• Re: Buffy's diary

What a bunch of ass$%$%$ at Reston lol. They send me a letter back saying they can not accept my letter because i havent signed it at the bottom. I'm pretty sure i dont have to and its best practise anyways to not send them my signature in case they decide to reconstruct any agreements. What do i tell these guys please?

Comment

Originally posted by buffy300577 View Post
                        What a bunch of ass$%$%$ at Reston lol. They send me a letter back saying they can not accept my letter because i havent signed it at the bottom. I'm pretty sure i dont have to and its best practise anyways to not send them my signature in case they decide to reconstruct any agreements. What do i tell these guys please?
                        Just sign it B..... I used to sign mine D...

Comment

So its been about a year and at the moment the only thing i still get letters about is the HSBC Loan. It was with Moorcroft then was transferred to Arrow Global and i have just been ignoring their usual letters until. I got a letter from Reston solicitors last week, acting on behalf of Arrow Global who has referred the account to them for legal action. What do i do in this case, still ignore it or do i need to send them a letter? The weird thing is the are saying that it is a HSBC overdraft when it was actually a loan. Thanks in advance
                          Presumably you have record of postage! Recorded Delivery and or Proof of Postage.
                          Post Office Online confirmation of their having recieved letter! You can print this off

So send nice letter (signed by you RECORDED DELIVERY) confirming that the Letter was yours and you have enclosed copies off:

Enclosing copies of the LBA letter (sign that copy)

plus copies of Recorded Delivery receipt and or Proof of Postage AND POST OFFICE confirmation of their having recieved the letter.

I would also ask them to confirm receipt in writing by return!!

I mean it will look very good in Court won't it When they have now TWICE written to you at the same address!
                          Last edited by Roger; 6 April 2017, 15:02. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thank you guys, got the letter ready and will post it tomorrow. Any idea if a bank is allowed to take money from a current account (when the balance is zero and hasn't been used in over 6 years) to pay the balance of a loan?

Comment

would be very naughty of them to do it after all that time x

Comment

So i got this letter back today from the solicitors. Basically the story with this was i had an HSBC loan, i send them a request for original agreement on the 6/06/12 and then a missing terms letter on the 6/08/12 to Metropolitan. HSBC did nothing and then passed the debt to Arrow Global in 2013. I have been ignoring their letters since then cause they were just the usual blah blah we can give you a discount. For some reason the original HSBC loan has now been converted to an HSBC overdraft. I'm guessing HSBC took the money out of the current account to pay the loan and sold this to Arrow Global as an overdraft. What do i do now? Serve Arrow Global with another £1 request for the agreement or tell them all this and send them a letter saying the account was sold in dispute? What letter do i send to the Solicitors to stop them from starting any legal proceedings? Does section 78 even applies to current accounts/overdraft?
                                Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 5 May 2017, 18:55. Reason: Removed attachment.

Comment

Working...
                                X