GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Buffy's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffy's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buffy's diary

Definitely send to Niddy

Comment

And there is more than one way to skin a cat (my new motto)
      Just because it complies with a s77-79 request doesn't mean it is enforceable. Things like DN's and assignment notices all come into play so you can still play them

Comment

Got CCA back from Moorcroft (Argos card). They claim its Enforcable but its just the Argos application form with no terms and conditions.
        How do i email it to Niddy? I tried the "email cca" on his profile but that needs Outlook which i don't use.

Comment

Originally posted by buffy300577 View Post
          Got CCA back from Moorcroft (Argos card). They claim its Enforcable but its just the Argos application form with no terms and conditions.
          How do i email it to Niddy? I tried the "email cca" on his profile but that needs Outlook which i don't use.
          Try this--------> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HSBC are here to annoy me. I had an overdraft and a loan with them and when these were send to Metropolitan they combined them into one. I send them a CCA and today I got a letter back from them that only references the overdraft. They just send me statements and a letter saying that Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not apply to current accounts (overdraft). They put a default on the account and the CCA letter I send them was also asking for the copy of the default notice (which they never send me to begin with) and again there is no mention of the default notice.
            They combined them into ONE ?!?!?

So what the hell IS this covered by ? I think they have just shot themselves in the foot. I would be interested in finding out otherwise ? If they are claiming that, as part of the Debt is an Overdraft and therefore NOT covered by the CCA, they can ignore the Act for the whole lot, then I think they have a problem. Any views anyone ?

Comment

Sadly it is enforceable, well it can be rather easily.

They have sent a copy of the application, this is from 2006 so they can easily fix it to make it compliant unfortunately.... ie they can send the terms later and make it enforceable.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

But can it be blagged? At present it is ue as no pts.

Comment

Possibly but I think they've threatened action hence deffo send threat of litigation for now.

Hard to blag as post 01/2005 (electronic comms regs)
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just a thought, but I will crawl back under my stone. It's cooler there

Comment

So is it UE until untill they send me a copy of the terms and conditions or is what they have send enough? They have only said that they will continue actions to collect the debt in 14 days.
                      Do I need to send them the missing t&c template?

Comment

So is it UE until untill they send me a copy of the terms and conditions or is what they have send enough? They have only said that they will continue actions to collect the debt in 14 days.
                        Do I need to send them the missing t&c template?
                        See Niddy's last post ........41
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Metropolitan have send CCAs about the loan and mastercard, have emailed both to Niddy

Comment

Ohh dont you just wanna hug Niddy sometimes??

HSBC mastercard is 100%
                            Loan is a possibility but will blag it for the time being

Comment

Ohh dont you just wanna hug Niddy sometimes??

HSBC mastercard is 100%
                              Loan is a possibility but will blag it for the time being
                              How's the blagging going ?

Comment

I have been offline for some time, had personal issues.
                                As a quick update...
                                I have cleared 2 of my debts with F+F payments. I am basically starting with the lowest ones and working my way up. I have stopped payments to Egg- Barclaycard and haven't heard anything so far.
                                I am still paying the rest but HSBC mastercard was sold over to Arrow so will be sending them an account sold in dispute letter to see what they say.
                                The other 3 debts are enforceable and have been saving money to make F+F payments to them also

Comment

Working...
                                X