GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg card now with barclays - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg card now with barclays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg card now with barclays

Hi

i had an egg credit card with a balance of about £10.5k I defaulted on it back in 2010 and had a few letters from egg then, all went quiet, at that time I had debts with other company's, I have now settles all those.

Apart from a couple of payments to barclay card in late 2012 for about 3 x £50 I have not heard anything, out of the blue today I got a letter from MKDP saying they had bought the loan from barclays.

what is my best way forward? Should I write back saying I know nothing about it and that I want proof it is mine, followed by a CCA request?

I earn very little now about £420 a month, so I guess another option might be to offer a settlement, but I can't afford much

advise as to what s the best way forward please.

thanks

R

Re: Egg card now with barclays

Hi Rich and welcome to AAD

As you've only received MKDP's hello letter so far, if it was me I would wait for now and see what they send next.
    Let us know anything they send.
    Once their letters start to become threatening I'd go with a CCA Request. Lots of Egg agreements seem to have gone AWOL at the moment, so procrastination is the key and hope to sit tight until it becomes Statute Barred in 4 years time.

Elsa x

Comment

From my prowling the forums the first question I would ask of the OP is it a credit card or a loan? as they mention both.

As Elsa states a good few CCA's seem to have gone absent. DCA's seem particularly adverse to pre 2007 credit cards. They however do seem to be happy to chase any loans all the way.

Comment

Hi

i have now had a couple of new letters from mkdp saying that I have not responded and that they want to help me making instalments and have not received my offer of payment.

it is a credit card btw.

shall I leave it a bit longer before asking for the cca?

are there any template letters I can use to send them if this is the best step?

Comment

Send the CCA --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request

first you must read this and register AAD -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-New-Templates
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

When did you take the card out Rich?

Comment

Took out the card in 2002

Comment

That's good Rich, a nice old one - harder to find
                Fingers crossed eh?

Elsa x

Comment

Hi Rich,
                  I am also an Egg-vader
                  Wishing you the very best on your journey.
                  Cheers
                  SA
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi sa

how are you getting on in your quest?

Comment

my mothers egg card was confirmed UE and barclays closed the account, fingers crossed for you also.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

How did you get to the UE??

what process did you follow?

Comment

Having looked at my credit history I actually took this card out in 2000, does this mean they have to supply the signed copy and not just a tick box?

sorry my need to know all the facts before I start this journey!

Comment

Hold up. Slow Down. You are rushing ahead abit here, first we need to see what they come back with or not, when the CCA Request has been done.

When you say tick box? are you saying you applied for this card online in 2000, or did you apply by post?

Whether or not the agreement has a signature is not important, what else they supply you, or how you applied for the card is.

Comment

Yes I am sure I applied online, although I think they then sent paperwork for me to sign. Should I send the cca to Barclays or to mkdp who have apparently purchased the debt?

Comment

Working...
                              X