GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg card now with barclays - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg card now with barclays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg card now with barclays

Originally posted by Rich330 View Post
    Thanks for all your help

So I will write back thanking them for the letter.....!

no. Ignore them.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      See here - explains the FCA's stance. Just ignore anything unless they remedy the breach in which case let me know.

https://fshandbook.info/FS/html/FCA/CONC/13/1

Niddy
      I can't make that link work so here it is again just in case (I hope) https://fshandbook.info/FS/html/FCA/CONC/13/1

Plan B x

Comment

Oh great!! The daily phone calls have started again, I can see a DO NOT CALL ME template letter getting sent asap!

Comment

I also had the same letter as you, after me for a UE Barclaycard account, I haven't heard of them for a while now, they did try and frighten me with a send us a payment or court letter.
          I told them to talk to each other , as they were telling me they couldn't enforce, then threatening me with court action which was it to be.

If you can block the calls, just do that xxx
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I wouldn't be writing. Try blocking the number or adding it to your phone book and assign it an IGNORE name or the likes. If they call and ask for you say "who's calling". If it's them don't say another word. Hang up.

It will stop. Don't do anything daft. Ignorance here is best as it's UE & they can't do anything until they remedy the breaches and create a recon / provide the agreement. Don't antagonise them. Ignore as much as you can.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              I wouldn't be writing. Try blocking the number or adding it to your phone book and assign it an IGNORE name or the likes. If they call and ask for you say "who's calling". If it's them don't say another word. Hang up.

It will stop. Don't do anything daft. Ignorance here is best as it's UE & they can't do anything until they remedy the breaches and create a recon / provide the agreement. Don't antagonise them. Ignore as much as you can.
              Thanks Niddy

3 calls in 1 day all from different numbers, never answered any of them those 0333 and 01908 are pretty much always MKRR MKDP so I just add them to my ever increasing block list!

Comment

Started calling my office again today, not sure of the best approach? I have the letter from MKRR MKDP confirming UE Niddy advised not writing to them and just ignoring, but how long do I let them call my office for before sending off a letter? I have blocked all there numbers on my iPhone so they never get through on that!

HELP

Comment

As someone more knowledgeable will tell you, they are not supposed to phone workplaces. This is an evil embarrassment and they will say that you have ignored them. Write and tell them stop.

Before I was made redundant, I had a company mobile, and they would call the switchboard who would patch them through or to a hot desk where I may have sat months ago, so you are stuffed if you had to give employer's details ever. I am shamed even now knowing that someone I don't know will continue to receive calls and ask who is calling,and then they will pass them on to my ex-boss.

Comment

Ok so on Niddy's advice I sent them the stop harassing me at work template from the AAD+ area they got it last week and have continued to call me at work, multiple times today! they have never been put through to me.

Niddy is kindly going to work on something for me

but I wondered if I could report this to the FOS, or would that be a silly thing to do?

Thanks for the advice

Comment

I'll sort a suitable response shortly which encompasses your question ref the FOS but briefly, no. First send the template I'll post later and after that it's the FOS.

Back soon.

Comment

I would send the template attached at the end of this post to MKDP - it pretty much tells them their errors and formalises everything once and for all.

CONC sections referred to can be found here --> https://fshandbook.info/FS/html/FCA/CONC/7/9
                        Case Law referred to can be found here --> http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/882.htm

Template letter is attached - you will need to edit a few bits as listed below:
                        1. add your address
                        2. add your account reference from latest letter
                        3. 3rd paragraph of letter - add date of the confirmation that it was UE
                        4. Remove 'Type Name Here' text and type your name instead - sign on top of the anti-tamper strip as well so they cannot copy it to an agreement to then bring it out of UE

Send recorded delivery so it gets signed for. Good luck keep me updated

Template attached below

MKDP Formal Complaint.doc

Comment

Thank you so much Niddy!

I will get that sent out first thing tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Got a standard "our final response to your complaint was sent on the 20th may, no further evidence has come to light" response! Today

What I want to respond with is No sh1t Sherlock! Thanks for confirming it is still UE, but please read my letter so you know what I am complaining about! 😆

Managed to stem the constant calling thanksg to my list of mkdp blocked numbers and BT choose to refuse service!

If anyone is interested please pm me for the list of numbers to add to the blocked list 😉

Comment

Good luck Rich x
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X