GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg card now with barclays - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg card now with barclays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg card now with barclays

Send it to MKDP, see what they say.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich330 View Post
      Hi sa

how are you getting on in your quest?

Hiya Rich,

Apologies mate - missed this.

The last thing i heard was a letter from Barclays confirming they couldn't find the agreement and acknowledge its unenforceable as long as that continues. Happy days!
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sent cca letter to mkdp last Saturday they signed for it on Monday, heard nothing since, nor had any phone calls, not that I have answered any when they have called my mobile.

whats next, do I need to do anything if they don't send back within the 12 days? Or do I just wait for there next letter at some point?

Comment

Sent cca letter to mkdp last Saturday they signed for it on Monday, heard nothing since, nor had any phone calls, not that I have answered any when they have called my mobile.

whats next, do I need to do anything if they don't send back within the 12 days? Or do I just wait for there next letter at some point?

You just sit a wait.......

Comment

so here is the response I got this morning, is this a good sign?

I know last time I spoke to barclays about 20 months ago they offered a settlement of £4K do you think this may mean they don't have any paperwork?

Comment

so here is the response I got this morning, is this a good sign?

I know last time I spoke to barclays about 20 months ago they offered a settlement of £4K do you think this may mean they don't have any paperwork?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12093[/ATTACH]

Looks good to me...........

Comment

hmm, I get "Invalid Attachment Specified" when I try to read that.

I too am an Egg Villain, two cards with about 19k across both, so I'm interested in what they came up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
                  I'm interested in what they came up with.

Nothing.........

Basically says........ at this moment in time they are unable to fulfil your request.....

Comment

Ok so attached is the letter I have had back what is my next step?

They say they know it is unenforceable but they are going to keep trying I guess??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Barclayspg1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	1400808Click image for larger version

Name:	Barclayspg2.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1400810Click image for larger version

Name:	MKDP.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1400812

Comment

yup, essentially, but keep a hold of that letter and if anyone else comes a sniffing, you can whip out a copy and see them off with it.

Comment

So what should I do about the letter from mkdp? Just ignore them? Write and highlight that they sent me a letter with un enforceable?

is there a template letter that I can use to send to any debt collectors to say that it is not enforceable?
                        Last edited by Rich330; 2 July 2014, 07:16.

Comment

I would wait and see what happens next, MKDP will also have a copy of that letter from BC,

You should read through some of the diaries, and see that your situation has occurred loads of times before, so what to do now is wise up, read up and wait for the next letter. We have templates that can deal with this situation but you have to register to get access, which you can do at anytime, but bear in mind it can take a day or so.

Comment

thanks MrsD

I have already registered for the templates area, it was a template letter that was sent to get this far :-)

Should I be looking at the harassment templates or somewhere else?

I will take a look at the diaries and see what I can find :-)

Comment

Very lucky as they were able to come up with full enforceable agreement and terms for my Egg card.

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
                                Very lucky as they were able to come up with full enforceable agreement and terms for my Egg card.
                                I'm sorry to hear that! :-(

How old was your card?

Did they offer you a settlement balance??

Comment

Working...
                                X