GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds TSB (2) mid 90's ppi reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds TSB (2) mid 90's ppi reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB (2) mid 90's ppi reclaim

I was rather surprised to have received an email from Lloyds yesterday in response to my email I sent only last Friday.

I didn't think they would give me the details to be honest, as its mid 90's, but I requested the loan account numbers from 2 loans from then and they sent them..........by email I am very surprised.

I will be on to getting on with these reclaims over the coming days.

Re: Lloyds TSB (2) mid 90's ppi reclaim

Di,

Good luck with this, was just reading nellies thread OTR on this lol

Regards

Comment

I just sent a letter off to LTSB about an old loan from 04 - I dont think there was any PPI on it, but with a spot of luck, they will have lost the agreement and offer me a "goodwill" gesture.

lol - heres hoping anyway
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks folks.

I do have little paperwork but with Lloyds being Lloyds they always added it, well to ours anyway lol.

Oscar they probably did add the PPI and maybe you didn't know it, soooooo get emailing them, I only requested for the loan account numbers and that was just last Friday and received the details very quickly, so if you email them they will confirm if PPI was added to your loans and will possibly still have the details on these, even on my 2000/01 they had mine.

customer.care.insurance@lloydstsb.co.uk

Good luck x

LOL Oscar I missed that bit at first about you hoping they lost the agreement lol x

Comment

Hi Di, PF, Oscar

Just wanted to repeat what I said on my thread over at LB Di - that LTSB have offered me £1200 as a goodwill gesture on my loan that like yours ended during the mid 1990s and all I had was the account number and start/end dates so you are in with a very good fighting chance of getting a similar sum back - hopefully more if you have more paperwork than me

Landy xxx

Comment

Whilst searching for more info on the mid 90's loans (2), I came across a loan Application Data Paperwork for June 2003 as shown below, have deleted the personal name/number details out, but on the agreement there is no ppi for that one. Yet it does shown insurance on this paperwork.
            I am wondering now if we did pay for the PPI in with the loan amount, of a loan over £16K, the monthly repayments for the amount of:
            £16511.35 did secretely have ppi added without us even knowing about it.
            Sorry this is not related to the mid 90's loans, but had to post this up and happy for your opinions, cheers my friends. Click for larger image I think lol.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by di30; 16 July 2011, 16:42.

Comment

It dosen't look like it.

£332.19 x 60 months = £19931 total repaid.

Looks like just interest to me.

Comment

Originally posted by midastouch View Post
                It dosen't look like it.

£332.19 x 60 months = £19931 total repaid.

Looks like just interest to me.

Thank you.

So The data paperwork then is a mistake then I take it?
                Just thought I would double check on this, however this was cleared within 6 months and total paid to clear was that of: £15,870.32
                (just found this now) so your probably right in regards of the interest, cheers.

Comment

You could work it out for sure if you had the APR rate, but if PPI was added the figure would be higher in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by midastouch View Post
                    You could work it out for sure if you had the APR rate, but if PPI was added the figure would be higher in my opinion.

Cheers

Now I have the paperwork on hand it does seem to make sense with what you said.

Interest Rate(s)
                    7.66 % per annum, this rate has applied throughout the period of the statement to the whole outstanding balance.

What I did find is that the Annual % rate was that of 7.9%

Interest charged at a fixed rate of the total loan of 0.64% per month.

Comment

I must take back my word if ppi was not added in this one then, all other loans there was PPI, so I am currently checking the details out now on the (2) mid 90's accounts where PPI is definately added, have details of them, These were the very first loans we had ever taken out back in the 90's lol.
                      Last edited by di30; 16 July 2011, 18:33.

Comment

The £15,870.32 settlement payment included the interest charged at £88.53, also £185.00 Early Settlement fee.

Comment

On checking the others that have already been paid out (refunded), as above paperwork it have not shown the loan separately but the full amount of the loan with the ppi, for example - Loan was that of £10K but that was including the ppi, monthly payment over 84 months - £154.23 a month.

So am checking statements now to when the loans were paid in to make sense from them all lol.

I will get there, but if that was just of the loan without ppi then it would make sense as stated above of the interest.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Whilst searching for more info on the mid 90's loans (2), I came across a loan Application Data Paperwork for June 2003 as shown below, have deleted the personal name/number details out, but on the agreement there is no ppi for that one. Yet it does shown insurance on this paperwork.
                            I am wondering now if we did pay for the PPI in with the loan amount, of a loan over £16K, the monthly repayments for the amount of:
                            £16511.35 did secretely have ppi added without us even knowing about it.
                            Sorry this is not related to the mid 90's loans, but had to post this up and happy for your opinions, cheers my friends. Click for larger image I think lol.

TBH Di - Is it not worth a go anyway for the cost of a stamp?
                            It does say with insurance & if you cant find any statements etc to prove what you paid etc .......

Matty

Comment

Cheers Matty.

Before finding more of the paperwork I did actually email Lloyds and attached the data application above just to be sure, and looking on other loans taken out with them the insurance was definately added on those ones, there is one smaller one I did find and it said with no insurance and the agreement confirms the same, so no mistake in that one.

So I was baffled on why the agreement shows on PPI on this one yet the data application states with insurance.
                              Maybe they will email be back on this.

However, looking more into the statement of when this was paid in, it shows 1 July paid in £16,511.35 and just underneath - pay out - £5,320.67, shown as PAY 5,320.67.

This was to clear NON lloyds debt and to pay a loan we had with Liverpool Victoria, the amount of £9,660.51 which came out of the bank the following week after this loan was paid in.

Comment

Working...
                              X