GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds TSB (2) mid 90's ppi reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds TSB (2) mid 90's ppi reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lloyds TSB (2) mid 90's ppi reclaim

With these very old loans from 16 years ago, they do not hold the information and i have no details either, so letter arrived in the post this morning, it's standard offer on each one is £1.200.00, so for the 2 = £2,400.00.

It could be worse i suppose, they could have not bothered upholding at all, considering lack of concrete evidence, if I don't want to accept it, or have no information in black and white to send on, I can complain to the FOS, but it will be the same if i went to them as well, so it looks like I shall be accepting.

Comment

I would be accepting as well, for the hassle of the FOS who as you have said would only agree with them you may as well get the money into your account as soon as you can.
      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Di,

I agree due to how far these go back and the length of time the FOS will take to adjudicate, you could be extending this claim by 12 months at least and there is no guarantee that the FOS will get more out of them or indeed if they can get any documentation.

So in short take the money and run.

Regards

Comment

Thank you folks xx

I have copied the letter received as below, they do say if i find anything in relation of the loans is to let them know and they will consider a higher amount.
          Since this offer on the letter below, I have found the details they require by searching all over the house lol, so may email copies to them and see what they say from there, because I think the offer will still stand going by the letter.

Ref CC/******
          Loan
          Loan

Dear

Thank you for your patience whilst I have been investigating your complaints, as I know it may have been some time since you first contacted us.

As you may be aware, the rules determin how we should assess your complaint were being considered by the Court as part of the legal proceedings between the BBA, FSA and FOS. Now that we have received an outcome from the Court, we are able to send you our final response to your complaint.

Our Offer

As our final response, we would like to offer you £1,200.00 for each of the loans above to bring your complaint to a conclusion.

Due to the passage of time, we no longer have any detailed records relating to your loan accounts. The absence of detailed records means that even if we were able to assume the amount and the term of the loan based, for example, on your recollections, there is no guarantee our calculations would be accurate, as we have no way of knowing when the loan was settled of if any claims have been paid under the policy.

In a genuine attempt to resolve your complaint our offer of £1,200.00 is equal to our average compensatory payment. We have agreed with the FOS than an average payment method in cases such as yours is fair and reasonable.

So as to help you understand this further, when a complaint is upheld and we hold full details of the account, the offer will take into account the PPI premiums paid plus simple interest at 8%. The offer will also take into account any other factors that are relevant to the customer's circumstances. For example, whether a successful claim against the policy had been made of if a partial refund of PPI premiums had already been made.

We would also include a refund of premiums (and other costs you incurred e.g interest) in connection with the PPI policies with the loans that had been refinanced (or were refinanced by) the loan/PPI complained about.

However, if you have any details about your loan which you feel would increase the payment that you should receive, such as a copy of your loan statements showing the commencement date and the date the loan closed, please let me know as soon as possible and I will consider the matter further. If upon receipt of your documentation it is apparent that your refund should be greater that that offered we will recalculate using the new information our offer and pay the higher amount.

In addition, you may have also attempted to make a claim for your PPI policy in the past which was rejected. If you are concerned if the claim was accepted, we may need more information from you. Please call us at the number below.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE CONTACT US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO ACCEPT OUR OFFER ON 0845 602 6993.

If we do not hear from you we will close your complaint, consider it resolved and make the payment outlined in this letter.
          If in any doubt whether or not to accept this offer then you should seek independent advice from your finanical adviser if you have one, or an advice line like the CAB.
          If you have any other questions on this letter, or if you would like to reject our offer then please call us on 0845 602 6993.

In the event that you do not accept our offer, you have the right to refer your complaint to the FOS. Any referral must be within six months of the date of this letter.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Di,

Indeed if you have found evidence that could increase the offer phone them to let them know and then get copies sent to them via quickest method.

Do not hang about though as no doubt they will be wanting to bring this to a close as soon as possible.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              Di,

Indeed if you have found evidence that could increase the offer phone them to let them know and then get copies sent to them via quickest method.

Do not hang about though as no doubt they will be wanting to bring this to a close as soon as possible.

Regards

Will do thank you Pompey xx

Comment

hi di
                may i just ask i was clearing out old letters when i came across my mortgage application from 1999 with ppi on which i didn't know i had would i be able to claim this back even though it is 11-12 years old i have the original still it was with the bradford and bingley thanks
                ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
                  hi di
                  may i just ask i was clearing out old letters when i came across my mortgage application from 1999 with ppi on which i didn't know i had would i be able to claim this back even though it is 11-12 years old i have the original still it was with the bradford and bingley thanks

Hi Carol

Yes there is no harm in giving it a shot, if you have the account number that is a help.

Let me know if you require any help from here ok

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    Hi Carol

Yes there is no harm in giving it a shot, if you have the account number that is a help.

Let me know if you require any help from here ok
                    thanks di will let you know how i get on

Comment

thanks di will let you know how i get on
                      Your welcome Carol, good luck x

Comment

Received the two cheques in the post this morning 2 x £1,200 = £2,400.

Comment

Still waiting for them to respond to mine after finding the covering letter from the loan app confirming my loan etc. (no mention of amount or ppi) and to sign the documents and send them back.

Was meant (according to email) to have a letter sent within 5 working days (from 5/11) - called them last monday and complaint yet to be logged.

Hopefully, will hear something before xmas
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good luck Oscar, fingers crossed and yes hopefully before Xmas, keep us posted, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Received the two cheques in the post this morning 2 x £1,200 = £2,400.
                              yay!! well done di
                              bradford and bingley are looking into my complaint hope to hear from them again soon .

Comment

yay!! well done di
                                bradford and bingley are looking into my complaint hope to hear from them again soon .

Thank you Carol. and fingers crossed for you too, look forward to hearing of the outcome xx

Comment

Working...
                                X