GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script drydensfairfax letters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drydensfairfax letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drydensfairfax letters

Hi
    I hope that somebody can help me please? I received a letter from drysdenfaifax to my old address,and it came in the redirected mail. It said I owed money to Arrow, who I had never heard of so sent it back "not at this address" then another went to that address and came in redirected post saying that I did live there and would ask Arrow what they wanted to do. So I sent that "not at this address" as well. Now another letter has come in redirected for that address saying they may take legal action.
    They now mention Egg who I do owe money to but I have paid them £1 per month for the last 5 1/2 years and never been told anything otherwise What shall I do please?
    Last edited by Anni; 29 April 2015, 18:02. Reason: spelling

Re: drydensfairfax letters

Hi Anni and welcome to AAD. First of all, don't worry, you've come to the right place to get help.

Arrow are debt puchasers who presumably have instructed Drydens Fairfax to collect the debt. There is usually bad communication between creditors, debt purchasers and debt collectors.

First of all, can you give us a little bit more information please by answering the questions below?

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

If you have been paying £1 per month who have you been paying it to? Lastly, is this your only debt or do you have others?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Anni , I'll find someone for you , hang on xx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

^^^^^^

posts crossed nanna!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          Hi Anni and welcome to AAD. First of all, don't worry, you've come to the right place to get help.

Arrow are debt puchasers who presumably have instructed Drydens Fairfax to collect the debt. There is usually bad communication between creditors, debt purchasers and debt collectors.

First of all, can you give us a little bit more information please by answering the questions below?

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

If you have been paying £1 per month who have you been paying it to? Lastly, is this your only debt or do you have others?
          The debt is an Egg loan
          Commenced 2005
          Approx balance is £8200
          Date last made a full payment September 2009
          I was just paying £1 per month as advised by debt advisor.
          Default status.
          drysdenfairfax are writing for their client Arrow
          The lender was Egg but they stopped trading
          I got into arrears because they did not pay PPI for redundancy in 2009
          Complained to FOS in 2011 but it took them 18 months to say I applied to the wrong place I should have applied to Egg's insurers, NOT Egg!
          I was paying £1 per month into Standing Order with Egg but 2 months ago noticed it was being returned
          I have other debts which I am paying - I agreed amounts with each one which is the debt divided by 10 years for each

Comment

Are you happy to continue paying this debt and your others or do you want to have a look at unenforceability? By the way, if you'd gone for UE in 2009 the debt would be almost statute barred now (that means that they can't take you to court to enforce the debt.) To see what taking the UE route has been like for some of our members have a look at UE- One Year On

Are your other debts pre 2007 too?

Comment

I am not sure if I want to go that way for everything as 1st Credit bought out 1 card, Barclaycard bought out another and have been happy for the arrangement for 5 years. Although they were Goldfish & Marbles cards taken out in 2003.
              I am currently just paying £1 per month for the Egg card, although had a couple of letters over 1 year ago from Barclaycard saying they had taken it over.The only one causing me pain currently is the Egg Loan. Although I went to debt advice charity they did not suggest anything other than pay £1 per month and negotiate

Comment

Well.. !!!! I know what I would do ....but that's ME

Comment

I need to find a bit more about UE, perhaps you could answer a couple of questions please? I also went this route to avoid an IVA or bankruptcy, as that can have an effect on me getting work in the Financial & Insurance Industries, as I am trying to avoid a CCJ which would also prohibit them employing me, so would UE have a similar effect please? And the other was could it be applied now I have started paying 1st Credit & Barclaycard who bought the card debts please, as I don't know if Marbles & Goldfish still exist?

Comment

if you have not been paying the full payment amounts to the debt, you will already have defaults registered against you on your CRA files, whilst not as bad as a CCJ, they can still be seen on your Credit file if any company you wish to work for do a credit check,
                    so If they are on there already I personally don't see how trying the UE route could make it any worse
                    I may be wrong I will try and find out for you

PS, my hubby had a goldfish card, no one could find his CCA so he hasn't paid anything for years and the default is now off his credit file

Comment

To answer your questions Anni.

1. As NW says you'll already have defaults on your credit file so I personally can't see trying the UE route making it any worse. Could you list your other debts using the format I gave you in post #2 to give us a clearer idea of your situation? Use a different post for each debt.

2. Yes you can still go down the UE route even though you've started paying 1st Credit and Barclaycard.

By the way, which debt advice charity did you go to? StepChange wouldn't mention UE as it is funded by the banks!

Comment

Thank you all so much for helping me. I can't remember who the Debt Advice people were it was in 2009. I will try and dig out all my details tomorrow because all of these are cards taken out in 2001
                        can tell you the Egg Card is owed £12574 now passed to Barclaycard in 2013 and paid £1 per month. Default status

Comment

Sorry, the Egg Card went to Barclaycard on 4th November 2011, and I continue to pay £1 per month. The Marbles card went to 1st Credit on 12th June 2013, I had a reduced payment with Marbles and also have one with 1st Credit, paying £100 per month. Outstanding about £7200

Comment

Goldfish went to Morgan Stanley in 2006. Credit card Defaulted in October 2009. They sent it to Barclaycard in 2010 and I pay reduced amount of £80 per month to them and the amount left is about £4000

Comment

There was one another thing that I wanted to know please. Should I keep sending drysdenfairfax letters back as "Not at this address" as I am not. And if they do not have my correct can they take out a CCJ against me please? Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X