GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script drydensfairfax letters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drydensfairfax letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: drydensfairfax letters

Whether or not you keep sending them back as "not at this address" is up to you. They can get a CCJ against you at your former adress if you haven't notified them of your new address. However you would have warning if they decide to issue a claim as you are having your mail re-directed. They can also issue a claim against you if you're making token payments.

Personally, I would send a CCA Request (in our Free Template Letters section) to Drydens Fairfax as I would to your other creditors. There is a good chance that they are all UE given the date they were taken out. If you put to one side the reduced payment amounts that you're now making each month they would go a long way towards a settlement should any be enforceable or should a claim be issued.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      Whether or not you keep sending them back as "not at this address" is up to you. They can get a CCJ against you at your former adress if you haven't notified them of your new address. However you would have warning if they decide to issue a claim as you are having your mail re-directed. They can also issue a claim against you if you're making token payments.

Personally, I would send a CCA Request (in our Free Template Letters section) to Drydens Fairfax as I would to your other creditors. There is a good chance that they are all UE given the date they were taken out.

As Advised here for starters.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        Personally, I would send a CCA Request (in our Free Template Letters section) to Drydens Fairfax as I would to your other creditors. There is a good chance that they are all UE given the date they were taken out.
        And I'd do the same if it were me ............

Comment

Thank you for your help. I will send the CCA to them all. The last letter from drysden Fairfax said that legal action could be taken without further notice. Does that mean I will not be told if they do, and they could have done because they said that could happen if I did not pay or contact them in 7 days (letter dated 20th April) or will I prevent that if I get this template off to them today please?

Comment

Originally posted by Anni View Post
            Now another letter has come in redirected for that address saying they may take legal action.
            The last letter from drysden Fairfax said that legal action could be taken without further notice. Does that mean I will not be told if they do, and they could have done because they said that could happen if I did not pay or contact them in 7 days (letter dated 20th April) or will I prevent that if I get this template off to them today please?
            Have you already sent the CCA request to Drydens Fairfax Anni? They cannot take legal action while there is a CCA request outstanding.

If you'd said in your first post that they said that legal action could be taken without further notice instead of they may take legal action then there's another template that I would have suggested that you get off to them asap. With the wording that you've given in the second quote, it is possible that they may use that letter as a Letter Before Action. In fact, it might be an idea to send the Letter Before Action template as well. You can access that template in this section but first you would need to join AAD+ to get access, see here.

Comment

Hi Pixie, I have not sent the letter yet do I send the letter you last suggested or both please? And am I sending them to drysden not Arrow?

Comment

Another question please, do I add my address or continue to access redirected post?

Comment

Hi Pixie, just to clarify exactly what the letter did say "Should you fail to make payment or to contact this office as directed, legal action may be taken against you without further notice. This action would incur additional costs for which you may be liable. Legal proceedings would involve a CCJ being sought against you. Once obtained if payment was not made, application would be made to the court to enforce the Judgement, using one or more of the following actions..."
                  They end with "Do not ignore this notice, further recovery action will commence if you do not act now."

Comment

Hi Pixie, I have not sent the letter yet do I send the letter you last suggested or both please? And am I sending them to drysden not Arrow?
                    You always send letters to whoever is writing to you which in this case is Drydens Fairfax.

Another question please, do I add my address or continue to access redirected post?
                    Hi Anni, whether or not you tell them your new address is up to you but I'd think carefully about the implications for your job should they issue a claim.

Hi Pixie, just to clarify exactly what the letter did say "Should you fail to make payment or to contact this office as directed, legal action may be taken against you without further notice. This action would incur additional costs for which you may be liable. Legal proceedings would involve a CCJ being sought against you. Once obtained if payment was not made, application would be made to the court to enforce the Judgement, using one or more of the following actions..."
                    They end with "Do not ignore this notice, further recovery action will commence if you do not act now."
                    Okay, so maybe not the panic I thought yesterday. However, given your particular circumstances I would send both but send the Letter before Action template asap and then a day or two later send the CCA Request. The sentence I've highlighted in bold is only included in their letter to scare you. It outlines what they can do IF they obtain a CCJ AND IF you don't comply with the payment set by the court. That's a lot of assumptions!

We can't tell you what to do on the forum, we can only suggest what we might do based on our personal experiences.

Comment

I appreciate your help, and suggestions. However I am not sure when you say consider the implication for my job if they issue a claim meant tell them my new address or not? I thought I had to send the CCA letter first because the LBA puts them on notice that they have not complied with he CCA and sent the requested document?

Comment

I appreciate your help, and suggestions. However I am not sure when you say consider the implication for my job if they issue a claim meant tell them my new address or not?
                        As I said, that is up to you entirely. We cannot tell you what to do.

I thought I had to send the CCA letter first because the LBA puts them on notice that they have not complied with he CCA and sent the requested document?
                        Apologies. I haven't read the LBA responses for a while so I'd forgotten that. I would definitely get the CCA Request sent off and I'll see if others think that letter is a LBA and see what they suggest you send.

It's been unusually quiet on here with being a Bank Holiday weekend plus I've been struggling with a bad cough/cold this past week.

Comment

I would get the CCA request sent ASAP (yesterday) it is up to you if you give them your new address or not, If not make sure you have your post redirected to where you are now for a while.

I think Pixie meant that if you don't give them your address and papers were sent to your old address (and not passed on to you quickly) then you would be unaware of any threat of legal action.

you said in your 1st post that you didn't want a CCJ because of work, may I ask if you work in the financial/insurance sector at the moment, or, is it something you wish to do in the future?

Comment

Thanks to Pixie (hope you get better soon) & Nightwatch. I work in the insurance industry currently. I will get the CCA letter off tomorrow when I can get a £1 postal order. I have got my post redirected for the next year. It could also affect my ability to rent property, as since being made redundant I have had to sell my house to live, and move around the country to where the work is.

Comment

Hi All
                              Hope this fids you all well. I sent the LBA letter to drysdenfairfax as they had not supplied the documents requested.They sent a copy of the agreement signed page and a copy of the DD manifest,but not the other requested documents in the LBA letter. Shall I write and point this out please?
                              The letter was dated 27th May but not received until 2nd June, as LBA was sent 15thMay by Registered post. Their letter said their client Arrow just wanted what was owed and to fill a financial statement and tell them what I could pay 30 days from letter date.
                              But I did not get a statement and I have been paying Egg £1 p.m. until they closed the account. Also they did not pay the PPI when I was made redundant because they said I did not send the claim to their solicitors but sent to this HO
                              Many Thanks

Comment

letter from drysden Fairfax said that legal action could be taken without further notice. Does that mean I will not be told if they do, and they could have done because they said that could happen if I did not pay or contact them in 7 days (letter dated 20th April)

Anni I've only just read your thread.

I can see you've had a LBA from DrydenFairfax solicitors dated 20th April. You've responded with a CCA request and a LBA response template letter.

You received a reply from them on 2nd June (dated 27th May) which you posted about on this thread yesterday (16th June).

They sent a copy of the agreement signed page and a copy of the DD manifest . . .

. . . . Their letter said their client Arrow just wanted what was owed and to fill a financial statement and tell them what I could pay 30 days from letter date.
                                You have been given until 24th June to respond.

We need to see what that "signed agreement" looks like and whether there were any Ts & Cs etc sent with it. So can you email a scanned copy to Niddy using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk. with a copy to me using planb@all-about-debt.co.uk Put your AAD username in the subject bar. Don't blank anything out - the email will be perfectly secure. Please also enclose the covering letter sent by Drydens.

Tell us what the last paragraph threatened (if anything) if you don't agree a payment plan by 24th June.

That original LBA (20th April) still exists. In other words the solicitors have put you on notice of their intention to issue legal proceedings, and I don't think they have to send you another one simply because you've replied to them, so you need to keep your wits about you especially since you are not living at the address to which they are writing.

Let's take a look at the "agreement" first and then we can suggest how to reply to Drydens.

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
                                X