GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Credit

Hello

I've recently had a NOA from the Halifax saying they've sold the debt to 1st Credit, (or is the NOA from 1st Credit?) I was just wondering how to proceed from here on out, I know that 600 quid-ish is interest charges on an original 350 balance and I've not been happy with the, pay £10 now and the interest and phonecalls will stop rubbish as they still went on, therefore I got pissed off with their lies so I stopped paying anything a long time ago and this is the first I've heard off them for a while, the last time they got Robinson Way & Co. to ask me for the money so I sent them a template letter to which they couldnt answer so the sent it back to the OC, but this time the debt has been sold, which I am happy about as you get knowhere with the Halifax.

Unrelated to this above I've just paid the full outstanding on a CO so just wondering is there a standard template available to ask them to remove this as they promised back in 2006, if only I'd of known then what I know now I would of never agreed to it in the first place, but there you go.

Cheers everyone all comments are appreciated.

Dave

Re: 1st Credit

do you know exactly when you stopped paying?

Comment

Originally posted by DAVEB71 View Post
      Hello
      I've recently had a NOA from the Halifax saying they've sold the debt to 1st Credit, (or is the NOA from 1st Credit?) I was just wondering how to proceed from here on out, I know that 600 quid-ish is interest charges on an original 350 balance and I've not been happy with the, pay £10 now and the interest and phonecalls will stop rubbish as they still went on, therefore I got pissed off with their lies so I stopped paying anything a long time ago and this is the first I've heard off them for a while, the last time they got Robinson Way & Co. to ask me for the money so I sent them a template letter to which they couldnt answer so the sent it back to the OC, but this time the debt has been sold, which I am happy about as you get knowhere with the Halifax.
      Hiya,
      Have you sent a CCA request to whoever is chasing you now? When did you last pay in to this account?

Unrelated to this above I've just paid the full outstanding on a CO so just wondering is there a standard template available to ask them to remove this as they promised back in 2006, if only I'd of known then what I know now I would of never agreed to it in the first place, but there you go.

Cheers everyone all comments are appreciated.

Dave
      Do you mean its still showing on your credit file?
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi MrsD and SA Gold,

thanks for getting back to me, the last time I paid anything to the Halifax must of been 2008-ish not sure, I first got the card in about 2001 and defaulted about 2005/6 not 100%, I only got the NOA from them and 1st Credit last week and wasn't going to make a move before I had asked for guidance on here so no CCA sent, and I only paid the final payment on the CO on Friday just gone but you get conflicting info everywhere saying they just remove it for you or you have to ask and pay, (which I'm not if avoidable) etc, so I was thinking of just writing to them and asking them to remove the CO as promised once the o/st. bal. has been paid which it has.

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Hi MrsD and SA Gold,

thanks for getting back to me, the last time I paid anything to the Halifax must of been 2008-ish not sure, I first got the card in about 2001 and defaulted about 2005/6 not 100%, I only got the NOA from them and 1st Credit last week and wasn't going to make a move before I had asked for guidance on here so no CCA sent, and I only paid the final payment on the CO on Friday just gone but you get conflicting info everywhere saying they just remove it for you or you have to ask and pay, (which I'm not if avoidable) etc, so I was thinking of just writing to them and asking them to remove the CO as promised once the o/st. bal. has been paid which it has.

Cheers

Dave
          Hi mate,

I would get a CCA request off to them and see what they come back with (if anything).

If you've signed up with Experian check it again next month and see if its dropped off.

Cheers
          SA
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers SA Gold will do,

I didn't know whether to CCA or SAR them, thanks very much for the guidance mate its much appreciated and I suppose I should give the CO people time to get intouch.

Thanks again

Dave

Comment

BTW I've just made a donation but it wouldn't let me enter my username on the paypal reference even though it gave me the option, the least I could do for all the advice Ive been given from this site.

Comment

BTW I've just made a donation but it wouldn't let me enter my username on the paypal reference even though it gave me the option, the least I could do for all the advice Ive been given from this site.
                Thank you so much for your donation Dave and I'm not sure why it wouldn't do this, I'll ask Nid and to add this to your profile

-- >
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Cheers IF

All the best mate

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                    Thank you so much for your donation Dave and I'm not sure why it wouldn't do this, I'll ask Nid and to add this to your profile

-- >
                    Thanks for your kind donation

The icon has been added to your profile. The reason it sometimes doesn't ask for username is a paypal issue, we just link to them so it's out of our control. On the payment page, you should be able to click the little + symbol (left side of page) by the message element, which is a manual work through
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hello

could I ask Niddy what his advice would be should I go down the CCA route or SAR them or....?

Cheers mate

Dave

Comment

And does a NOA mean that the debt has defo been sold as I received a letter from 1st credit yesterday over payment options saying client:halifax or is this there method??

Dave

Comment

And does a NOA mean that the debt has defo been sold as I received a letter from 1st credit yesterday over payment options saying client:halifax or is this there method??
                          Hi Dave

It depends on the exact wording of the NOA. There are 3 main types of assignment:

Agent - The DCA is acting purely as an agent for the OC and in this case has NO legal powers at all.

Equitable Assignment - The DCA is sold the rights to collect the debt, but NOT the duties. In this case they can only take legal action with the OC's full compliance, although they often mislead people as to what this means.

Absolute Assignment - The entire debt, rights and duties, is sold to the DCA under the Law of Property Act 1925 s136. In this case the DCA now has all the rights, duties and powers of the OC. For this to occur the DCA/OC must inform the debtor that the assignment has taken place in substantiated writing, basically a recorded delivery letter. As the DCA has now replaced the OC they are bound by CCA74 and all that entails.

So the wording of the NoA is important because once you know which of the above applies you will know whether the threat-o-grams you are sent hold any weight or not.
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Hello

could I ask Niddy what his advice would be should I go down the CCA route or SAR them or....?

Cheers mate

Dave
                            I am sure others will be along shortly although from all the advice i've seen in these circumstance; a CCA request is always sent off to test the water. They need to provide this regardless if its kosha or not (assuming they have one of course )

SAR is usually requested to query charges/other activity on the account.

Dave
                            Notice of assignment means someone else has been tasked with chasing you!

All the best with it.

Cheers
                            SA

Comment

Cheers SaltnVinegar and SA Gold

I have just looked at the letters again, the first set was in one envelope and contained 2 letters one off the halifax saying that:

'We are writing to notify you that the B of S plc has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest of the above referenced account (including the outstanding balance) to 1st Credit (Finance) Limited, effective from.....the total balance sold was............'
                              etc, saying all payments will be forwarded to 1st Credit so I'm sure its #3 on your list SnV and therefore as its been sold I assume they are as you say bound by CCA74, so apologise SA Gold I just wanted to double check, as it says on both letters received from 1st Credit that the o/st. balance then below it says, client: HALIFAX?? and it threw me a bit.

It also says on the initial letter from Halifax:
                              'Under the terms of this assignment, and as defined in the DPA 1998, 1ST Credit (Finance) Ltd, is now the Data Controller of your Personal Data contained in the records of this account.'

Thanks again guys for looking at this for me.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X