GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard not chasing me?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard not chasing me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard not chasing me??

Hi all

Sorting a few financial things out and I have come across a barclaycard statement I knew I had but had totally forgotten about (the a/c has a balance of 4K and is seriously overdue, statement date Feb 2012) it has an income vs expendiute sheet with it as well so must I have contacted them at some point but can't recall.
    Thing is no one has chased me; not them or a DCA so although it's nice not to be hassled with calls etc am a little worried something nasty might suddenly come my way, am not a stick my head in the sand person so would like to do something about it if I can but not sure what?

Any advice gratefully received

Re: Barclaycard not chasing me??

Do nowt, sit tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
      Do nowt, sit tight.
      That's what I'd do....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, but not entirely comfortable just my nature I suppose lols

Comment

Why? Do you think they have a conscience?

Seriously read the UE Diaries and see what WILL happen in time. They'll hound you, lie to you, charge you, cheat you and if dirty enough evict you.

Trust me. Fuck em.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Why? Do you think they have a conscience?

Seriously read the UE Diaries and see what WILL happen in time. They'll hound you, lie to you, charge you, cheat you and if dirty enough evict you.

Trust me. Fuck em.
            Jeez don't be coy Niddy tell me what you really think haha

Seriously though I know they don't give a flying whatsname just seems very strange no one has chased in almost a year I mean when does that ever happen?

Cheers though guys for the advice will do as said

Comment

Its not stange nor new, some credit cards are just like that.

Mint didnt hound my mother for about a year, barclays have gone silent for about 9 months now i think.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Use the time to deal with things that are hounding you now and not worry about who isnt.

Keep your post opened and dealt with.

As others say in time it will rear its fugly head but hopefully you will be in a much better place to deal with it then.

Thats my view now. Wasnt back in the summer mind. It was the same as yours.

Comment

Barclaycard do do that, Lippykid.
                  I have 2 Barclaycard debts, one started off as a Littlewoods Credit Card opened in 2002. When I fell into serious difficulties and couldn't pay non priority debts I sent them a CCA request back in February 2008. From that moment I have heard absolutely nothing from them. No more statements, no demands, no CCA.
                  Similarly, I had an Egg card which was sold to Barclaycard. They told me they'd bought it. I didn't respond. Nothing whatsoever since then.
                  I think they have a Room 101 for some accounts

As Ken says, only feed the dogs that are howling, let the sleeping ones lie while the Statute Barred clock ticks on

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                    Use the time to deal with things that are hounding you now and not worry about who isnt.

Keep your post opened and dealt with.

As others say in time it will rear its fugly head but hopefully you will be in a much better place to deal with it then.

Thats my view now. Wasnt back in the summer mind. It was the same as yours.
                    Thanks again Ken, slowly changing my mindset thanks to you guys much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                      Barclaycard do do that, Lippykid.
                      I have 2 Barclaycard debts, one started off as a Littlewoods Credit Card opened in 2002. When I fell into serious difficulties and couldn't pay non priority debts I sent them a CCA request back in February 2008. From that moment I have heard absolutely nothing from them. No more statements, no demands, no CCA.
                      Similarly, I had an Egg card which was sold to Barclaycard. They told me they'd bought it. I didn't respond. Nothing whatsoever since then.
                      I think they have a Room 101 for some accounts

As Ken says, only feed the dogs that are howling, let the sleeping ones lie while the Statute Barred clock ticks on
                      Seems not at all uncommon then, learning more and more, many thanks Elsa

Comment

Updating on this - I've come across a Mercers DCA letter dated literally this time last year, confirming a payment plan for this debt can't for life of me remember this anyway checking bank statements it says I made one payment as part of the agreement (card payment not DD) but nothing after for whatever reason.
                        So the OP still stands but instead of Barclaycard not chasing its the DCA, does this change things or is it the same situ and I should still follow the previous advice on here?

Comment

Hi Lippy. same advice still stands, chillax , let them come to you xx
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If it was me I'd totally ignore the past and literally update us when they write from here on in.

Don't create stress. Let it find you and deal with it as appropriate.

Comment

Thanks again Guys, just wanted to check

Comment

Working...
                              X