GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy vs HSBC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy vs HSBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niddy vs HSBC

Hi all,

Just thought i'd start a thread to try and explain some weird things with myself and my main bank, HSBC. To cut a long story short, I opened a few accounts with them back in 2008 and have run my accounts (all 3 of them) perfectly, never exceeding any overdraft or limit and never bouncing a single transaction, or paying any overlimit fee - I also pay them £12.95pm for HSBC Advance.

All in all, i'd say I was a damn good customer in that respect. however a customer that doesn't earn them (HSBC) anything, which I should not be penalised for.

Anyway, about a year ago I complained to HSBC when they refused a simple request, and found out that they think I am this fraudster that took credit in my name, at an address I never lived at! Bear in mind, when I started with HSBC I was dealing with a Fraud Manager who confirmed they were satisfied that I was someone different and authorised the credit card application and let me pick my limit (I chose, and got £3k). Anyway, fast forward to now - I am down to cheque number 49 out of 50 so I requested a new book to be told sorry, you're account does not meet our criteria - so I fired a message back to them demanding an explanation.....

I gave them 48hrs which in my book is ample, being they refused me in less than an hour from when I requested the bloody thing! Sooo, I since sent a "custom" Advanced SAR" demanding all paperwork on me, the alleged me, the fraudster they think is me and also screen prints and copies of all emails sent between departments so I can establish what is being said about me here.

My latest message is as follows;

Hi,

I have now sent in a SAR in line with s.7 DPA (1998) to establish exactly what the problem is here. You will receive this on Tuesday 1st February and legally, it is considered served from this date.

I therefore expect a full response by the 40 days, which is 12th March 2011. A full complaint is also being created to send to the FOS along with instruction to the ICO to hold your data processing against me, as I feel you are confusing me with someone else (again!) to which I already proved to you, 2 years ago - was not me!

You will be hearing from me a lot, over the coming months so I suggest you pep up your knowledge in consumer related laws as I will sort this, in court, and take you to the cleaners when I prove you wrong (again).
    So, i'm now waiting to see what they come back with - i'll keep this thread updated so you can see how we rip a new arse into one of the main banks..... I will not back down until this is sorted!

My SAR, is as follows:
    Please supply me with a copy of all information your company hold on me including a list of accounts and details of payments along with copies of statements.

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which relates to me – regardless of the address held – that I am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Act. If you store any of the older records on microfiche, please be aware that the Information Commissioner deems this to be a relevant filing system under the Act and, as such, any microfiche data must be sent to me in fully legible and comprehensible form.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history which has required any manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you. This explicitly relates to recent dealings with your fraud team, in which they try to accuse me of being another person, ergo all alleged documentation for this other customer that has been linked to me, should also be sent, as this will be used against you when I progress things further. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

For the avoidance of any and all doubt, I reiterate:

I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which, in any way appertains to me, including (but not exhaustively) a copy of the original signed executed agreement(s); statements of account(s); duplicate statements and/or print outs of all account transactions; all internal and external correspondence sent or received by you including memo’s, logs, notes, screen prints and transcripts; notes of manual interventions such as telephone attendants' notes, copies of stored telephone conversations, internal and external emails; any other information held on all types of media in any relevant filing system (microfiche included). If you have disclosed any information to a third party (with or without my express permission), will you please include details of this in your reply, along with notes of any legal action passed or pending (to include a true copy of default notices, court orders and the like).

I also require that you forward, within the above mentioned time scale, a true copy of the Terms and Conditions that were in force at the time my account was opened, and any subsequent amendments to those Terms and Conditions, as I recently applied for a new cheque book and was told “Your account does not meet the criteria, however in 3mths we’ll be happy to reconsider” – so I wish to prove that my account has been run the same, since day one, proving that HSBC are lying to me yet again.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00 to access ALL data held by you about myself, funnily enough you’ll notice I’ve saved the last cheque in my chequebook for this privilege. You should be fully aware of your statutory obligations under the Data Protection Act and that any failure to comply with this request will involve a complaint to the ICO as well as potential legal action.

You have 40 days in which to comply with this request; also note that this request has been sent via workflow management delivery so I can ensure compliance on these issues comply within the legislative time frames.

I have not attached any additional identification as this is not necessary being I’m an existing customer, and I want all data to be sent to the registered account address anyway – the same address to which you send me statements, letters and account cards.

Yours faithfully
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Niddy vs HSBC

Erm....seems to be HSBC's way,as you know I am having similar problems in obtaining information from them or from HSBC group companies.
    After my previous reported letter from them refusing my SAR I emailed the cheif exec complaing about their ilegal activities & have today received a letter asking me to ring one of his colleagues to discuss the matter.
    I will do tomorrow and let you know what happens.
    Matty

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
      Erm....seems to be HSBC's way,as you know I am having similar problems in obtaining information from them or from HSBC group companies.
      After my previous reported letter from them refusing my SAR I emailed the cheif exec complaing about their ilegal activities & have today received a letter asking me to ring one of his colleagues to discuss the matter.
      I will do tomorrow and let you know what happens.
      Matty
      Matty don't ring. Never ring. Ooohhh noooo. You write back and demand data in writing.

They've wanted me to go in branch for last 2yrs to prove myself (lol) and I refuse out of principle cos I don't need to, plus I've already Done that at day one so to me I want them to try and do summat. Oh, forgot to say all my accounts are heavily in credit as things stand - will all be maxed out to within £5 by tomorrow
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Awesomesauce Niddy Pure and sweet Awesomesauce!

Comment

Do they realise who they're messing with?
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Pixie, they soon will cos I'll email them a link here - when I take things further, then they'll know, that's for sure.....

They've really pissed me off - no excuses, they are bang out of order!!

Comment

Just brilliant. Go Niddy!
              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

oops, they chose the wrong customer! i'll be interested to see what happens....are you taking your custom elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by confused76 View Post
                  oops, they chose the wrong customer! i'll be interested to see what happens....are you taking your custom elsewhere?
                  Nooo I like them actually, I just want this sorted being I'm kinda like 1000000000% innocent!! Lol

I'll make em pay though, no question about that

Comment

Replies from HSBC as follows:

Dear Mr Niddy

Service Failure Reference: 123456789

Thank you for your recent secure e-message dated 29 concerning your recent experience with HSBC.

Our dedicated customer resolution team are looking into the matters you have raised and will contact you with a full response as soon as they have completed their investigations.

In the meantime, if you wish to contact us regarding this matter please quote reference number 123456789.

Kind regards
                    HSBC Internet Banking Customer Support
                    Then I get another.... ooooer!

Dear Mr Niddy

Complaint

Thank you for your e-message received 31 January 2011.

I am sorry to learn of your recent experience with HSBC. Once we have received your query, we will investigate your complaint further.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you have any further queries.

Kind regards
                    HSBC Internet Banking Customer Support

Comment

How did I miss this????

Go on Niddy take them on, they don't know who they're messing with, good idea on posting them the link too, good one Nids, we are all behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Matty don't ring. Never ring. Ooohhh noooo. You write back and demand data in writing.

They've wanted me to go in branch for last 2yrs to prove myself (lol) and I refuse out of principle cos I don't need to, plus I've already Done that at day one so to me I want them to try and do summat. Oh, forgot to say all my accounts are heavily in credit as things stand - will all be maxed out to within £5 by tomorrow
                        Will do Boss- and wont back down either.
                        As I have said before , this is my main bank account and has been for 30 years.
                        I have had all sorts of stuff with them,inc loans & credit cards etc......I reckon my claim for mi-sold ppi ,unfair charges etc is huge.
                        (I have all the paperwork)

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Replies from HSBC as follows:

Then I get another.... ooooer!

I did a couple of these secure e messages via the online banking system to confirm that it was me asking for the info via SAR - they have ignored this fact completly.
                          I will be watching your every move very closely indeed & subbing- hope this is ok.

Comment

Update 04.02.2011

Just had a call from HSBC - they have released the block on my accounts and have ordered me two chequebooks and confirmed they apologise for the carry-on. They said as i've already used my cheques, and to speed things up the local branch will get them sent there in a day and then the manager will hand deliver them through my door

I can't believe I just had that call with them, you can imagine - I did ask "why the sudden change of heart? Are you now realising what a fuck up this is" to which she said "Mr Niddy, I am unaware of any problems, i've just been asked to order you the books and ensure you get them without delay"....

Niddy thinks he's hit a nerve! No shit sherlock - i'm going for the jugular!

Comment

HAHA - i almost feel sorry for HSBC........ almost :P
                              I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Working...
                              X