GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy vs HSBC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy vs HSBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Niddy vs HSBC

Originally posted by enoughisenough View Post
    Definitely not any more!
    This is Equifax I am on about though lol....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Fantastic thread Niddy, can,t wiat to hear the next bit, he he. HSBC should know better thn to mess with Mr Niddy!

Comment

Update 09.02.2011

Just had knock at door, 2 chequebooks in hand

So, time to ask the real question now - why? As detailed in my complaint below...

Hi

Ok, time to formally complain now. I have just had a visit from the branch with the replacement chequebooks, thank you for this. However, what fails to register with me is why - why were they not automatically ordered when I was nearing the end of my old books; why was I told by secure messages that my account was not eligible and why were they not sent to my home address? Its not really a difficult question to answer, all things considered, that said, it is something I do require an answer for because something just isnt right.

Also, for the last few months I have had some sort of block on my account, again the reasons why fail to register with me - moreso because I know, as do you, that not once in over 2 years of being a HSBC customer have I EVER missed or bounced a payment or paid any late fees. That constitutes a breach of terms, something you claimed I had done - so I put you to strict proof to provide evidence of this claim.

Today I decided to test the system and apply for an increase to my agreed overdraft, I went through the screens as usual but at the end I was presented with a screen that again, does not add up, and does not conform to guidelines which stipulate you must give a genuine and reflective reason. The content of the screen I was shown is below:

Sorry you are not eligible for a change to your overdraft limit. Any existing limit that you have, has not been changed. An unknown response has been detected.

Now, please be so good as to tell me where it states that an unknown response has been detected is acceptable as a reason for decline (especially against a customer with an impeccable banking record, a high internal behaviour score that has never breached his terms of banking across 5 accounts (including a credit card)) and who feels extremely aggrieved at being treated this way.

Even your secure messages fail to adequately respond to my simple questions. Please, as a matter of courtesy try and answer me, as honestly as you can, the reason why I am being treated this way when my history with you and shown on all 3 credit files clearly proves that I am not a risk in any manner, form or otherwise. I also refer you to the time I applied for the credit card and underwent an extremely vigorous vetting process with your underwriter who eventually agreed to the account, on a tier1 basis, ie best APR. So its a little odd that now, less than 2 years later youre behaving in such an unorthodox and questionable manner.

I really do hope that you respond to my complaint in detail, as my next step really does have to be the FSA.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I do feel sorry for the poor person who has to write back to you, hopefully they will pass it to a manager so that someone who "knows what they are doing" gets to sweat a bit

Where is the Go Niddy button!
          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
            I do feel sorry for the poor person who has to write back to you, hopefully they will pass it to a manager so that someone who "knows what they are doing" gets to sweat a bit

Where is the Go Niddy button!
            Haha - they don't know the half of it, like they don't know I am using them to get at Equifax but will get compo from both as a result of their ignorance to the system! Muppets - oh well, watch this space!

Comment

Can't wait!! Drinks all round when you get the compo?

A "Go Niddy" button? Great idea!!
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Can't wait for the next update Almost feel sorry for the

FAW
                I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
                Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Comment

fantastic lol. I'm with HSBC and they annoy the smeg out of me. Wouldn't give me any kind of credit because they said my account didn't meet criteria. Despite over £2000 per month going in and a healthy balance in there.

As it turns out i'm glad they didn't lol
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeDreddy View Post
                    fantastic lol. I'm with HSBC and they annoy the smeg out of me. Wouldn't give me any kind of credit because they said my account didn't meet criteria. Despite over £2000 per month going in and a healthy balance in there.

As it turns out i'm glad they didn't lol
                    Well I put in over £6k on an average month and do have credit with them, go figure....?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Update 09.02.2011

Just had knock at door, 2 chequebooks in hand

So, time to ask the real question now - why? As detailed in my complaint below...
                      As per my previous email to them, they have now sent it to the Account Review Management Team who wrote me (15th Feb); confirming they will respond upon completion of their investigation..... what, investigation, I ask myself...?

I think i'll ring (recorded call) them tomorrow and give them the runaround, bless.... see how they cope

Comment

Niddy - just seen this and it is BRILLIANT! I almost feel sorry for them. Almost, but not quite!

p
                        In Niddy we trust

Comment

Originally posted by 1245pip View Post
                          Niddy - just seen this and it is BRILLIANT! I almost feel sorry for them. Almost, but not quite!

p
                          Haha, I like them as a bank though - just wish they'd get off my case! They really are messing with the wrong bloke cos now i'm using them, and their silly mistakes, against them and will sue them along with the CRA's (again)! It gets tedious repeating myself all the time but its easy cos I sense some deja vu (ie been here, read the book and bought the summer special).....

Idiots, they'll soon realise they are the unfortunate pawns in a bigger mess (caused by Equifax) but being they are the ONLY lender to actually listen and believe the shitty CRA - their mistake.....

As such, they now deserve to be punished.

Comment

Haha, I like them as a bank though
                            Still that's a pretty derogatory term in itself but if they insist on being muppets they do deserve it indeed!

P
                            In Niddy we trust

Comment

Well well well.

Just been accecpted for nationwide & barclays (full accounts) so will sign both sets of paperwork and see which declines me first lol. Once they see the "incorrect" link they'll then decline me, as always!! If they do, ooops - I'll go for compo from them both as well - all as a result of equifax, tut tut!!

Will update later, off into town to sign and finalise barclays and drop off signed nationwide agreement!! Should be fun

Comment

Well well well.

Just been accecpted for nationwide & barclays (full accounts) so will sign both sets of paperwork and see which declines me first lol. Once they see the "incorrect" link they'll then decline me, as always!! If they do, ooops - I'll go for compo from them both as well - all as a result of equifax, tut tut!!

Will update later, off into town to sign and finalise barclays and drop off signed nationwide agreement!! Should be fun
                                Ermmm, didn't go so well at Barclays!

Comment

Working...
                                X