GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy vs HSBC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy vs HSBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Niddy vs HSBC

Sounds fair compo to me.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
      Sounds fair compo to me.
      Me too

Although my credit file will get trashed, but then it already is with this bloody link arghhhh!!! I'll pay em back, however when I am ready - not at their demand!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Any news on this niddy?
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Well yea, my accounts are closed and I'm now refusing to repay £3500 that I spent when I maxed the accounts out.....

Let's see what HSBC have to say - no reply from them yet. Oh, when I last wrote I said if they closed my accounts I'd max them out and told them they could swing for the money, ie it's fair compo for my hassles. As they closed the accounts and never replied I presume they accepted my "kind gesture".....

I then sent a follow up saying thanks and goodbye (as you do)! Still no reply - 3 weeks later!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

seems rather harsh to me but oh well.

time to move onward and upward.
            I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Harsh what I'm doing or harsh what they done lol

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Although my credit file will get trashed, but then it already is with this bloody link arghhhh!!! I'll pay em back, however when I am ready - not at their demand!
                Just wait 3 years, then apply for an account with them again.

Comment

on the fence at both

but swaying more so your way

make sense?

Comment

• Update 29 June 2011

Update 29 June 2011

Ok, mini update - still heard nothing from HSBC however I have had a letter from Metropolitan (funny buggers) - as detailed below:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Metro1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1382882

My response, as you can imagine, doesn't pull any punches ...

29 June 2011

Dear Sirs,

Ref:
                    HSBC XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to your letter dated 19 June 2011, the content of which has been noted and disregarded as the nonsense it is.

Unfortunately for you, you’ve not only written out to an expert in consumer finance law, but you’ve also broken various Acts with the content of your letter thus a formal complaint has also been registered with the Ministry of Justice, the Financial Ombudsman and the Office of Fair Trading as I want clarity on your suitability to retain a consumer credit licence, after the misleading and unlawful threats made in your ridiculous letter.

Not only am I extremely familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, but I am also clued up on s.40 MoJ. The guidance set in place to protect me as a consumer clearly states it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question, or that the debt exists. I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and unfair methods. Furthermore ignoring and disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical & psychological harassment.

As for your wild and presumptuous claim that you’ll “Instruct solicitors to issue legal proceedings and apply for an attachment of earnings order” I strongly suggest you consider employing the countries best litigation expert as you’re going to need him! How dare you be so bold, rude and downright cheeky to presume such actions? Do you understand the legalities, processes and actions involved in trying to obtain an AoE order? Maybe you forget to mention that in order for such an attachment to be made you’d first have to take me to court and successfully obtain a CCJ against me, then you’d have to rely on my missing payments of said CCJ then and only then can you apply for such an order to which on the form N56, I’d request a suspension of the attachment.

So, as you can see, it’s not quite as plain-sailing as you’d like to hope is it?

Right, now on to the serious matter of deniability, I am formally in dispute with HSBC regards to the shambolic way I have been treated and am awaiting FOS resolution. I strongly suggest you return this account to HSBC as I am not averse to fighting you Muppets, and will take action against you if these unlawful threats continue. This account is not in arrears nor do you have any legal entitlement to chase me, stay out of things. If you want to start playing clever buggers, please be so kind as to confirm by way of response, a copy of the Notice of Absolute Assignment, particularly in line with the Law of Properties Act 1925 (s.136(1)); which I presume you’ve read and understood?

I therefore formally give notice that no further contact be made concerning the above account as I shall simply ignore you and/or start legal proceedings against you. As previously noted, a formal complaint about your unlawful and misleading letter has been sent to the relevant authorities as mentioned.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Haha you've even called them muppets!!

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                        Ooops, so I did

Too late now, it's in the post!

Comment

them into state

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

that is going to make someones day
                            I anticipate whoever gets that needing a few days off to recover
                            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Well he is not far from the truth, and you cannot be prosecuted for telling the truth either.

I like the tone of his letters.

Regards

Comment

Funny...

Comment

Working...
                                X