Experian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experian

Experian, or Exqueerian as they are known in the trade.

Two issues with Experian, one mine and one Mrs Debt Star's.

1. Mine. I need to get rid of an Arrangement to Pay marker that was put on for 2 months by Halifax. There was no 'formal' repayment arrangement agreed with Halicraps on those dates. What happened was that I had a Beneficial CC and I then went onto a CCCS DMP for a couple of years. I then came off the DMP but carried on paying the DMP 'rate' to HFC until 2009. Nothign actually arranged between us to that efefct. Perhaps Benefciial didn't know the DMP had ended. Ben then flogged their cards onto Halifax, who, when they took over, logged the account as an "AP". They quickly started pursuing the full repayments and the special rate I was paying ended. Hence why an AP filed for only 2 months.

Is there any scope for getting the old AP marker shifted? Experian have emailed me and advised that:

(quote) "If an arrangement flag is recorded on your account, this is usually retained until the account has been removed." (unquote)

Which of course means that Experian will keep that AP (albeit marked as "Ended") on my file for as long as that account is live and for 6 years after it is settled. This is because, unlike Equifax, they put the AP dates Started/Ended in the preamble info.

So I need to know how to approach Experian to get this blasted AP shifted.

2. Mrs Debt Star. Lenders keep mis-spelling our surname and she also has a maiden name. Result = 30+ aliases on her credit report. Looks bad and most of them are identical anyway. The errors, where they do occur, are by the same lenders and a lot of these were for search purposes only and we had no finance with them.

Re: Experian

Regards to you - I answered this on equifax post mate.

Regards to mrs debt star; send letter to experian explaining wrong aliases and they'll fix it. Write in to Lee Hancock at directors office - he's the main man who has authority to "fix" things.

Good luck.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Regards to me, so write to Experian and tell them as much info as I can? No paperwork to copy on to them though. And then onto the ICO. Should get a response for my 99th birthday then.

Mrs DS: Great tip ref Lee Hancock. Thx.

Comment

BTW, do you know Hancock's status/title? Director? Data Manager? etc. Need it for letter. Cheers bud.

Comment

His email is Lee.Hancock@ (usual ending)

But his title is account executive, directors office, (usual Nottingham address).....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Kosha. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
              Regards to me, so write to Experian and tell them as much info as I can? No paperwork to copy on to them though. And then onto the ICO. Should get a response for my 99th birthday then.

Mrs DS: Great tip ref Lee Hancock. Thx.
              You know once the default hits 6yrs then it'll drop off your file anyway. So assuming the AP marker was there jan & feb 2006 but u got defaulted in march 2006; then in April 2012 the whole entry would be deleted as the default came after the AP and after a default expires; the entry is totally removed so I'd not worry too much.

Make sense?

Comment

No default was registered and no DN shows up on the SAR. They would have defaulted me when I went on the DMP (or should have, as it was a fairly token payment based on affordability). So I'm not sure if the account will drop off after 6 years as no default was ever recorded. It is very much 'live' and I have been making normal repayments for a coupla years now (albeit that they have withdrawn the facility since 2006).

Comment

Right, gotcha.

It's up to the lender if they default you or not so that's a shame that they kept it live. As you're still paying; how long do u have left to pay? Thing is, if the AP is older than 3yrs then most lenders would ignore it anyway as they only search 3yrs unless a query is raised I.e anything bad on credit file.

Point is; I'd not worry too much about the actual AP marker cos your recent entries show positive data cos you're paying, if you see what I mean?

If you screen print the entry and pm it me I'll explain in detail, what'll happen. If u want?

Comment

Thats useful - and reassuring - to know.

I have heard that Exqueerian / Equitwats are upgrading their software to show payment history data going back 6 years.

As mentioned, with Experian, the AP stays marked up indefinitely.

If as you say it doesn't make much difference with credit scoring systems after 36 months anyway then it won't matter too much in a years time, when hopefully a shed load of other crap will fall off my CF.

When do I expect to pay it off? 2050 in all likelihood.
                    Last edited by The Debt Star; 1 April 2011, 21:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      His email is Lee.Hancock@ (usual ending)

But his title is account executive, directors office, (usual Nottingham address).....
                      That email address failed. Bounced back.

I used:

lee.hancock@creditexpert.co.uk

is this the correct address?

Comment

That email address failed. Bounced back.

I used:

XXXXXXXXXX@creditexpert.co.uk

is this the correct address?
                        No!

Its similar to (can't remember off the top of my head) to: @uk.experian.com

You'll need to find any email address and then work from that, I cannot exactly recall right now.... hang on, i'll check my live account where we emailed each other and i'll PM you it if I have it...

Comment

It is the above version so like this:

forename.surname@uk.experian.com

* Please remember we cannot advertise email addresses of staff like that so even though we can make it obvious, we cannot actually list it as an email address.....

Comment

cheers bro. I'll let u know how we get on

Comment

cheers bro. I'll let u know how we get on
                              Any reply yet? he's normally quite quick at responding and dealing with complaints.... although he may well write to you, however an acknowledgement would be nice eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X