Experian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Experian

nothing. zilcho. o/h is about to make her formal complaint and then we'll go to the ICO etc. Their call. She tried to do it the nice way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      nothing. zilcho. o/h is about to make her formal complaint and then we'll go to the ICO etc. Their call. She tried to do it the nice way.
      I'd go to the ICO anyway, as they have such a backlog right now - it'll just sit in a queue for months on end!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes I now have. ICO have been beyond rubbish in all of my other complaints thus far, so I'll play the numbers game.

Comment

I normally get a response from customer-relations@uk.experian.com
          Last edited by Riz; 18 April 2011, 08:10.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
            I normally get a response from customer-relations@uk.experian.com
            Yea they are the normal bods though so for general things they are great; when you're talking advanced problems they cannot help (usually) thus I normally go direct to someone that can help, ie Lee Hancock et al....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Lee Hancock yeah, I got one "out of the office" auto response email from him!
              Last edited by The Debt Star; 5 May 2011, 15:23.

Comment

Lee "The Blood Donor" Hancock yeah, I got one "out of the office" auto response email from him!
                anything else yet mate?

Comment

Niddy, thought I'd update you on the Mr Lee Hancock side of things.

He never replied, once. Just to remind you, Mrs DS has like 30 aliases on her credit file. They ALL relate solely to her maiden name and 20 of these entries are by the SAME 2 lenders. So there is one helluvalot of repetition going on. Also, Experian appear incapable of removing Crapbot's details from her credit files despite being the ones who put it there in the first place.

Here is what Mr Sidekick had to say in an email received a coupla days ago:

Dear Ms Debt Star

Thank you for your email, which we received on X 2011.

I have previously explained to you the reason that Alias records appear on your report.

Whilst I appreciate that you are not happy that there are a number of "alias" entries on your report, we are not acting incorrectly by recording this information. I do not believe that recording this factual information is excessive. The information is correct and has been provided to us as a result of applications you have made. You may not have taken out any taken out any finance in your maiden name; however, the alias information has been recorded as you have provided your maiden name as another name that you have been known by when you have made these applications. Furthermore a new alias entry will be recorded on your report each time you notify a company searching your report that you have been known by another name. I hope this clarifies why the alias information is recorded on your report.

The alias information is there to record that you have been known by another name. This allows lenders to take into consideration any information that may be recorded in your previous name. I would again like to reassure you that the number of aliases that are recorded has no affect on your credit rating.

I understand that you think it is unreasonable and unfair that Cabot's address features in the useful address section of your report. I have tried to explain to you that this has no affect on you at all and that you are not connected to Cabot in any way. Whilst you suggest that it should be a simple matter for us to remove the information, I have also informed you that our technical team is looking into why it is appearing on your report. Once they have found what the issue is will be able to resolve it.

I will contact you again once our technical team have completed their investigation and can remove Cabot's address from the useful address section of your report. [I FIRST RAISED THIS WITH THEM IN FEBRUARY] Please be assured once again that the issue will not affect your financial standing in any way or any credit applications that you make. The useful address section of your report is only viewed by you. We provide you with these addresses to make it easier for you to contact any companies you have agreements with. Simply showing you the address of a company that you do not have a financial connection with will not affect you in any way.

As I can not currently do anything further to resolve your complaint you can consider this to be our final response.

If you are unhappy with how your complaint has been handled you can refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Here is a link to their on line leaflet outlining how to take up a complaint with them.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...er-leaflet.htm

Kind regards

A. N. Arse
                  Customer Relations Consultant
                  Experian

Comment

Which elicited the following response:

Dear Mr Experian

Thank you for your Final Response.

I agree that there seems little point my complaining to you as Experian simply ignore my concerns and shrug them off as unimportant. With respect, it is not your credit file that has been plastered with 30 alias entries. I would have thought one entry recording my maiden name quite sufficient but 30 has no justification whatsoever.

Insofar as your excuses regarding the technical department are concerned, I am amazed that months after raising this with you your technical people have still not removed that Cabot address. Having a low-life debt collection agency's contact details on my credit file can do nothing BUT damage my credit worthiness. How you fail to comprehend that is beyond me, as is the fact that Experian cannot remove data that the company itself places there.

Yours sincerely,

Mrs DS

Comment

Anyone any views on this? Am in process of drafting correspondence to the ICO

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Yea they are the normal bods though so for general things they are great; when you're talking advanced problems they cannot help (usually)
                        Depends who you address the email to.

If it's addressed to James Jones who is head of Experian Customer Affairs (and who posts as the Experian rep OTR) making it clear that you are giving them bad press on consumer forums, then it can sometimes work wonders.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Experian Lacky View Post
                          I would again like to reassure you that the number of aliases that are recorded has no affect on your credit rating.
                          As far as I remember, that is true.

A lender searching your report won't see the duplication. Or at least, that is what Experian assured me a while back anyway....

Comment

Depends who you address the email to.

If it's addressed to James Jones who is head of Experian Customer Affairs (and who posts as the Experian rep OTR) making it clear that you are giving them bad press on consumer forums, then it can sometimes work wonders.
                            That idiot on MSE is a Head of? Bloody hell, says it all.....

I'll try emailing him, see what he has to say to me when I start on him.....

Comment

As far as I remember, that is true.

A lender searching your report won't see the duplication. Or at least, that is what Experian assured me a while back anyway....
                              thing is, I have similar reassurances from equifax as well but does anyone know what the report lenders see looks like? is there a way to find out? for example, equifax say lenders can't see the calendar that details all those late payments, but how do i know that? it shows on my cred file. same with these aliases.

Comment

thing is, I have similar reassurances from equifax as well but does anyone know what the report lenders see looks like? is there a way to find out? for example, equifax say lenders can't see the calendar that details all those late payments, but how do i know that? it shows on my cred file. same with these aliases.
                                I'd love to know that too! I've never understood how much detail they get to see.

Good luck hope Experian give you a proper response.
                                Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                                SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Working...
                                X