GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mehim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mehim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mehim's UE Diary

Hi, I am new to this forum after being advised that I would received more aid in my fights with credit card companies here.

Upshot is I got into a mess trying to support a business using credit cards and transferred balances.

At present I have several cards in the battlefield, 3 from early 2009.

I did use a Claims Management Company which fell of the face of the earth early 2011. I fought on myself and found a web site which gave some help, most of my courage came from other folks posts and the help I had received from the CMC.

Thank you

My chat thread is over here: ---> Credit Card Dirk Turpins
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 6 February 2012, 19:52. Reason: Copied and moved here.
    OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
    TESCO with a dodgy DN

mehim's UE Diary

MBNA Credit Card

start : Sept 2004 Correction Sept 1994
    bal : £15,000 Now £15,193
    last full : Sept 2009
    present : not paying
    status : default. Copy of original Application. Unenforceable

dca : Experto Credite, Claim Management Consultants, Aktiv but Experto managing it for them.

Feb 25th
    I contacted a Claims Management Company
    Mar 15th
    I agreed to sign up for 3 cards
    Mar
    Letter from CMC advising me claim was going ahead and not to sign anything from MBNA, to pass all correspondence from MBNA to them ASAP
    May 26th
    Letter from CMC saying nothing had been received from MBNA. They wrote telling them it was unenforceable as MBNA had not complied within the time limit. Told me I could stop paying but would get loads of hassle. I kept paying meantime.

Loads of calls from MBNA which I stonewalled referring them to the CMC
    Aug 26th
    Letter from solicitors acting on behalf of the CMC informing me that they would be writing to MBNA asking for the account to be cancelled, if not they would be raising a court action
    Oct 1st
    Letter from CMC saying they had the paperwork from MBNA and the agreement was unenforceable. Again said I could stop paying it but I would get loads of hassle and they would default me. I stopped paying

Loads of call which I was happy dealing with.
    Jan 15th
    Threatogram from MBNA CCJ, Sheriff Court etc
    Feb 4th
    Nice letter offering help
    March 8th
    Threatened default if I didn`t pay
    April 8th
    Letter informing me that this would soon be written off as a bad debt and a default registered against me.
    April 15th
    Another letter (it is not too late to stop this happening). Threatened default and recovery action. Also calls offering discount.
    May 7th
    Letter informing me a default will register for 6 years. Also offering to consider settling the account at a lower amount. Letter was also confirmation of an impending default and contact from third party if I didn`t accept one of the aforementioned options.
    June 4th
    Default notice sent on the 4th, remedy date 22nd. On or after this date account will be terminated (Account actually sold to Experto 16th June). Got this from uncompleted SAR response from MBNA at a later date.
    June 30th
    Experto Credite appeared 30th June with a letter saying Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd were now the legal owners. Asked me to call them.
    July 15th
    Experto offered to negotiate a favourable discounted settlement figure.
    Sept 16th
    Home Owner Notification

Jan 21st
    HL Legal for experto 7 days to pay or else.
    March 29th

Panic Stations Letter from accountancy firm informing me that the CMC dealing with this for me had gone down the tubes.
    March 30th
    Letter to Accountants asking for my money back was ignored. Solicitor had already advised me there was no money.
    April 13th

Bigger panic Letter from solicitors acting for the CMC, basically saying as there was no longer an indemnity, they could not advise me to go to court.
    April 20th
    Letter from me to CMC, that went bust, returned, no longer there.
    April 15th
    HL Legal telling me they had instructions to issue proceeding at County Court.
    April 28th
    Experto threatogram re doorstep visit. I wrote to them advising what the CMC solicitor had said regarding winning in court.
    May 5th: Experto wrote saying they would check with MBNA regarding my dispute.
    May 10th

Took stock, decided after reading all the bumph from MBNA and friends that if they were so sure of their facts, they would have taken action 2 years ago. Decided to fight on.
    July 5th
    Experto wrote saying MBNA confirms that there is no dispute.
    Aug 18th
    Sent SAR to MBNA asking for original agreement, statements and a lot more.
    Aug 23rd
    Letter from MBNA saying they were unable to locate the account, asked me for DOB etc.
    Aug 30th
    I replied giving some information to MBNA, also asked why they didn`t know who I was as all their mail came to the same address.
    Aug 25th
    Experto wrote regarding the SAR I sent MBNA informing me that they, Experto did not have the original agreement.
    Aug 26th
    Another threatened doorstep visit.
    Aug 31st
    Letter to Experto re unavailable data.
    Sep 8th

I must have mentioned a notice of assignment (never received).
    Got one from Experto on MBNA headed paper undated. and a letter on Experto headed paper undated saying they now owned the account.
    Sept 27th
    Uncompleted SAR sent from Experto.
    Oct 14th
    Credit Management Consultants wrote saying the account had been escalated to them. Threatened doorstep visit.
    Oct 23rd
    I wrote to Credit Management telling them the account was in dispute.
    Oct 25th
    Uncompleted SAR received from MBNA.
    I wrote informing them there was no signed copy of an agreement only a signed application form. Threw Ezsias v Welsh Ministers (2007) at them.
    Nov 2nd
    Disk with all calls to and from Experto.
    Nov 2nd
    Letter to CMC Account in dispute.
    Nov 2nd
    Sent letter to MBNA re no CCA, telling them the account was in dispute still.
    Nov 9th
    Experto replied to the above letter, Asking for my proposals re payment.
    Nov 16th
    Replied to Experto informing them still no original CCA.
    Nov 18th
    Another letter from Experto apologising for their numpties telling me the agreement
    (which they don`t have) was enforceable when only a court could decide this.
    Nov 30th
    More threats from my new friend Credit Management Consultants. re Bailiff`s warrant, Attachment of earnings, Charging Order.

Jan
    Experto called once and said in the convo that they didn`t know who Credit Management Consultants were.They mentioned a letter sent in December which I never got. They said they would now send it recorded delivery, I am still waiting.
    Jan 31st
    Further letter to MBNA re SAR.
    Feb
    Still no further response from MBNA, I warned them I will be making a complaint to all the relevant authorities..

That is it to date.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 10th
    CCA Request sent, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me

Feb 24th
    No response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.
    Niddy says

March 28th:
    Letter from Experto with a CCA, same one MBNA sent in the SAR I asked them for.
    I didn`t send a CCA request to Experto, that went to MBNA as the OC. I also corrected the issue date of the card.

EMAILING NIDDY

Niddy says still

March 30th:
    Telephone harassment letter sent to CMC.
    April 7th:
    Letter from Experto apologising for any distress and inconvenience caused.
    April 20th:
    Letter received from MBNA re cca and account statements. Telling me to contact Experto for the CCA and statements are £4.00 per copy, they enclosed a list of all transaction. Please call if you require copies of the statements.
    May 10th:
    Statement of Account from Experto.
    June 23rd:
    Letter from Credit Management Consultants offering 50% reduction if I agree an instalment plan and make the first payment this month
    July 13th:
    Letter from Credit Management Consultants.
    "We have HUGE sporting events lined up this summer, we have decided to offer you HUGE discounts to match these exciting events." Then goes on to offer 5%, 10%, 30%, 40%, and 50% all available only in July.
    July 27th:
    Letter from Credit Management Consultants, Final Demand in red scary letters (I`m shaking).They are aware I`m resident at the address, thats good cause they normally write to it. If I don`t arrange to pay they will refer for a doorstep cpllection, refer to their legal partner to progress via litigation. Call now to pay by debit or credit card.
    July 28th:
    Sent all three letters to CMC (Doorstep collection, account in dispute and threatening action.)
    5th August:
    Sent another request for all the statements missing from my SAR
    9th August:
    Another reply re the incomplete SAR. Say they responded to it but they did not send the statements which I asked for in the SAR. tell me to contact Experto who purchased the account for information regarding their response (MBNA) to my section 78 requests. They still want me to pay £4 per copy statement. Want me to call if i still want the statements.
    25th August:
    Reply from Experto regarding the letters I sent to Credit Management Consultants. Usual crap re the shit they sent complies with s78, I get the feeling they are trying to reset the clock with this one.
    30th August:
    Another letter from Experto. Final Demand
    ffs from their investigations they know I am a resident at the above address, (no chit Sherlock) They want my doorstep again lol they may refer this account to their legal partner to progress via litigation.
    31st August:
    Both the Scottish doorstep and threat to commence litigation template letters sent back to Experto.
    5th Oct:
    Letter from Scott+Co from Edinburgh. Unless I settle within ten days, we may be instructed by our client to commence court action. Should a decree be awarded any expenses awarded will be added.
    9th Oct:
    Account sold in dispute template sent to Scott+Co
    11th Oct:
    Letter from Experto, This Arrears Notice is served in accordance with Section 86(c) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974
    18th Oct:
    Letter from Scott+Co in reply to sold in dispute template.
    "In view of the contents we have referred this matter to our client and will contact you again once we are in receipt of their advice"

13th Feb:
    Letter from Scott+Co, We write in connection with the above stated account and recent correspondence.

"As requested,
    We enclose herewith copy signed Credit Agreement with Terms and Conditions for your perusal.
    We trust this clarifies matters and look forward to receiving settlement proposals.
    Please remit direct to ourselves quoting ref no xxxxx"
    16th Feb:
    Letter to Scott re application form received.
    23rd Feb:
    Letter from Scott+co, thanking me for my letter the contents of which are duly noted.
    They have referred this matter to their clients and will contact me again once they get some more crap from them.
    25th March:
    Letter from Scott+co, Our client informs us that they have satisfied their obligation under s78 of the CCA Act 1974.
    29th March:
    Letter to Scott+co referring to the App form received.

18th Oct:

Well, last payment made 1st October 2009. This should now be SB, certainly nothing has been paid since then and as far as I am aware this alleged debt has never been acknowledged since then either.

Happy days and many, many thanks to Niddy and his team here for all the help and advice I have received.

Last edited by Mehim; 29 January 2019, 15:49.
    OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
    TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Re: mehim's UE Diary

MBNA/Virgin Credit Card

start : Aug 2004
      bal : £5700
      status : default. Copy of original Application. Unenforceable

dca : Experto Credite, Claim Management Consultants Now Aktiv Kapital

Feb 25th
      I contacted a Claims Management Company.
      Mar 15th
      I agreed to sign up for 3 cards.
      Mar
      Letter from CMC advising me claim was going ahead and not to sign anything from MBNA, to pass all correspondence from MBNA to them ASAP
      May 26th
      Letter from CMC saying nothing had been received from MBNA. They wrote telling them it was unenforceable as MBNA had not complied within the time limit. Told me I could stop paying but would get loads of hassle. I kept paying meantime.

Loads of calls from MBNA which I stonewalled referring them to the CMC
      Aug 26th
      Letter from solicitors acting on behalf of the CMC informing me that they would be writing to MBNA asking for the account to be cancelled, if not they would be raising a court action.
      Oct 1st
      Letter from CMC saying they had the paperwork from MBNA and the agreement was unenforceable. Again said I could stop paying it but I would get loads of hassle and they would default me. I stopped paying.

Loads of call which I was happy dealing with.
      Jan 11th
      Threatened Default Notification.
      Feb 2nd
      Threatogram from MBNA CCJ, Sheriff Court etc.
      Feb 4th
      Nice letter offering help.
      March 8th
      Threatened default if I didn`t pay.
      April 3rd
      Notice of sum in arrears.
      April 8th
      Letter informing me that this would soon be written off as a bad debt and a default registered against me.
      April 15th
      Another letter (it is not too late to stop this happening). Threatened default and recovery action. Also calls offering discount.
      June 4th
      Default notice sent on the 4th, remedy date 22nd. On or after this date account will be terminated (Account actually sold to Experto 16th June). Got this from uncompleted SAR response from MBNA at a later date.
      June 30th
      Experto Credite appeared 30th June with a letter saying Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd were now the legal owners. Asked me to call them.
      July 15th
      Experto offered to negotiate a favourable discounted settlement figure.
      Aug 18th
      Letter from Experto. We want your money.

Jan 21st
      HL Legal for experto 7 days to pay or else.
      March 29th

Panic Stations Letter from accountancy firm informing me that the CMC dealing with this for me had gone down the tubes.
      March 30th
      letter to Accountants asking for my money back was ignored. Solicitor had already advised me there was no money.
      April 13th

Bigger panic Letter from solicitors acting for the CMC, basically saying as there was no longer an indemnity , they could not advise me to go to court.
      April 15th
      HL Legal telling me they had instructions to issue proceeding at County Court.
      April 20th
      letter from me to CMC acting for me, returned, no longer there.
      April 25th:
      Experto threatogram re doorstep visit.
      I wrote to them advising what the CMC solicitor had said regarding winning in court.
      May 5th
      Experto wrote saying they would check with MBNA regarding my dispute.
      May 10th

Took stock, decided after reading all the bumph from MBNA and friends that if they were so sure of their facts, they would have taken action 2 years ago. Decided to fight on.
      July 5th
      Experto wrote saying MBNA confirms that there is no dispute.
      Aug 18th:
      Sent SAR to MBNA asking for original agreement, statements and a lot more.
      Aug 23rd
      Letter from MBNA saying they were unable to locate the account, asked me for DOB etc.
      Aug 30th
      I replied giving some information to MBNA, also asked why they didn`t know who I was as all their mail came to the same address.
      Aug 25th
      Experto wrote regarding the SAR I sent MBNA informing me that they, Experto did not have the original agreement.
      Aug 26th
      Another threatened doorstep visit.
      Aug 31st:
      Letter to Experto re unavailable data.
      Sep 8th

I must have mentioned a notice of assignment (never received).
      Got one from Experto on MBNA headed paper undated.an a letter on Experto headed paper undated saying they now owned the account.
      Sept 27th
      Letter from Experto saying Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd own the account.
      Sept 27th
      Uncompleted SAR sent from Experto.
      Oct 14th
      Credit Management Consultants wrote saying the account had been escalated to them. Threatened doorstep visit.
      Oct 23rd
      I wrote to Credit Management telling them the account was in dispute.
      Oct 25th
      Uncompleted SAR received from MBNA.
      I wrote informing them there was no signed copy of an agreement only a signed application form. Threw Ezsias v Welsh Ministers (2007) at them.
      Nov 2nd
      Disk with all calls to and from Experto.
      Nov 2nd
      Letter to CMC Account in dispute.
      Nov 2nd
      Letter to MBNA re missing items from SAR
      Nov 9th
      Experto replied to the above letter, Asking for my proposals re payment.
      Nov 16th
      Replied to Experto informing them still no original CCA.
      Nov 18th
      another letter from Experto apologising for their numpties telling me the agreement
      (which they don`t have) was enforceable when only a court could decide this.
      Nov 30th
      More threats from my new friend Credit Management Consultants. re Bailiff`s warrant, Attachment of earnings, Charging Order.

Jan:
      Experto called once and said in the convo that they didn`t know who Credit Management Consultants were. They mentioned a letter sent in December which I never got. They said they would now send it recorded delivery, I am still waiting.
      Jan 31st
      Further letter to MBNA re SAR
      Feb
      Still no further response from MBNA, I warned them I will be making a complaint to all the relevant authorities.

That is it to date.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 10th
      CCA Request sent, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me
      Feb 24th
      No response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.

Niddy says

March 12th:
      Letter from Akitiv Kapital. They have bought the account from Experto. I can clear the balance by paying with a card etc. lol
      March 13th:
      Letter sent to Aktiv, Account sold while in dispute.
      March 20th:
      Letter from Aktiv, account on hold till they get the information from the OC
      April 5th:
      Letter from Aktiv enclosing a copy of an application form and other pages.

Same copy that was received from MBNA and Experto, both included in partial SAR information. MBNA are still ignoring my CCA request sent February 10th this year.
      April 6th:
      Letter from Aktiv.
      "Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS, Zug Branch Limited purchased the account from Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd.
      We are Aktiv Kapital (UK) Limited and on behalf of the above we have requested Experto Credite to continue contacting you."

They also say I can clear the balance by several methods, one being by card payment.

I assume I just ignore this crap as well.
      April 20th:
      Letter received from MBNA re cca and account statements. Telling me to contact Experto for the CCA and statements are £4.00 per copy, they enclosed a list of all transaction. Please call if you require copies of the statements.
      April 26th:
      Letter from Aktiv. They contacted Experto for copy statements!! I SAR`ed MBNA last August and never got the statements. Aktiv have sent statements fromJune 2009 to June 2010,
      I think this may be the period of time that Experto have had this account. They go on to say,
      They look forward to receiving my proposals for payment within 14 days. Should they receive no response, the account will be passed to their collections division for further action.
      3rd August:
      Sent another request for all the statements missing from my SAR
      9th August:
      Another reply re the incomplete SAR. Say they responded to it but they did not send the statements which I asked for in the SAR. tell me to contact Experto who purchased the account for information regarding their response (MBNA) to my section 78 requests. They still want me to pay £4 per copy statement. Want me to call if i still want the statements.

17th July:
      Letter from Aktiv with a £3700 gift voucher. llf

16th Sept:
      Letter from Aktiv with another £3700+ gift voucher
      11th Oct:
      Letter from Aktiv with another gift voucher for £3750+

17th May:
      ​Latest from Aktiv, Statement of your account with a £3752 gift voucher attached. I can use it if I pay the rest by 31st May.

18th Oct:

Well, last payment made 15th September 2009. This should now be SB, certainly nothing has been paid since then and as far as I am aware this alleged debt has never been acknowledged since then either.

Happy days and many, many thanks to Niddy and his team here for all the help and advice I have received.

17th Nov:
      Letter from PRA Group informing me that Aktiv have changed names (must be hiding money from someone somewhere). Also offering some discount, upto £3,752.37 depending on circumstances.
      11th Dec:
      Another letter from PRA Group again offering £3752.37 discount voucher. Will get the Statute barred Scotland letter off to them for xmas.

14th Jan:
      Another letter from PRA Group with the same discount offer.
      23rd Jan:
      2 letters from PRA. No 1 is a statement of account. No 2 informing me that the account was assigned to them from Aktiv Kapital on 31st December 2014
      I didn`t send the statute barred letter to them in December, will keep that up my sleeve for some future date.
      17th Feb:
      Another letter received offering upto £3752.37 discount voucher. Filed
      14th Mar:
      Another letter received offering upto £3463.72 discount voucher. Filed
      11th June
      Another letter received offering upto £3463.72 discount Voucher. Filed

Last edited by Mehim; 29 January 2019, 15:50.
      ************************************************** ***********************
      OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

CITI Credit Card

start : Nov 2005
        bal : £7,000 Now £7900+

dca : OPUS Now Cabot

Feb 25th
        I contacted a Claims Management Company.
        Mar 15th
        I agreed to sign up for 3 cards.
        Mar
        Letter from CMC advising me claim was going ahead and not to sign anything from CITI, to pass all correspondence from CITI to them ASAP
        May 26th
        Letter from CMC saying nothing had been received from CITI. They wrote telling them it was unenforceable as CITI had not complied within the time limit. Told me I could stop paying but would get loads of hassle. I kept paying meantime.

Loads of calls from CITI which I stonewalled referring them to the CMC
        Aug 26th
        Letter from solicitors acting on behalf of the CMC informing me that they would be writing to CITI asking for the account to be cancelled, if not they would be raising a court action.
        Oct 1st
        Letter from CMC saying they had the paperwork from CITI and the agreement was unenforceable. Again said I could stop paying it but I would get loads of hassle and they would default me. I stopped paying

Jan 23rd
        Letter asking for payment.
        Jan 29th
        Letter informing me that the complaint was dealt with, also a copy letter sent to the CMC informing them why the case was closed.
        Feb 3rd
        Letter for payment and informing me that service fees were being added.
        Feb 23rd
        Letter asking for payment within 7 days.
        March 23rd
        Letter Pending Default.
        April 9th
        Letter informing me of account transferring to CC Asset Management Ltd (CCAM)CITI would service the account until the transfer takes place.
        May 5th
        Letter from CITI defaulting the account dated 5th, remedy date 28th
        May 27th
        Cabot welcoming letter, informing me that they have bought my account that I held with OPUS Credit Card??
        June 4th
        CITI Terminated the agreement.
        June 25th
        Collect Direct demanding payment within 4 days on behalf of CITI
        June 30th
        Cabot asking for information regarding my query (think I answered the phone to them).
        July 2nd
        Personal Rep letter from Collect Direct, 5 days to pay.
        July 15th
        Collect Direct saying they are not going to enter into protracted correspondence with me, I should contact them and that CITI is prepared to offer a substantial discount to settle this account.
        July 28th
        HL Legal acting on behalf of Collect Direct who are acting on behalf of CITI give me 7 days to pay or they recommend to their client court action.

March 29th

March 30th
        Letter to Accountants asking for my money back was ignored. Solicitor had already advised me there was no money.
        April 13th

Bigger panic Letter from solicitors acting for the CMC, basically saying as there was no longer an indemnity, they could not advise me to go to court.
        April 20th
        Letter from me to CMC, that went bust, returned, no longer there.
        May 10th

Aug 18th
        Sent SAR to CITI
        Aug 24th
        Letter from CITI they dont know who I am.
        Aug 30th
        Sent them name and DOB
        Sept 20th
        Letter from Cabot, telling me they acquired the original Credit Agreement from OPUS Credit Card. Included was a copy of an OPUS credit card agreement with a card number I had never seen before.
        Sept 23rd
        Letter from OPUS thanking me for my SAR?? Also included was a copy letter dated 10th August from them informing me that I could not send a SAR to CITI
        Oct 3rd
        Letter from Cabot putting the account on hold for 14 days.
        Oct 17th
        Sent Cabot a letter regarding the ones I had received from them, informed them I had never had an account with OPUS, never sent them a SAR
        Oct 17th
        Sent letter to OPUS pointing out the early dated one, informing them I would be taking no instructions from them on who I could send a SAR to. Also pointed out that this account was in dispute.
        Oct 19th
        Letter from Cabot saying they believe the information sent resolves the dispute, account on hold a further 14 days.
        Oct 21st
        Letter from OPUS regarding my complaint.
        Oct 23rd
        Letter sent to Cabot warning them that I may initiate legal action if they choose to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement.
        Oct 24th
        Letter from Cabot confirming that they bought the account may 13th and any dispute is with them. Also included another copy of the OPUS agreement.
        Oct26th:
        Letter from OPUS saying they bought the account from CITI in March

Oct 31st
        Letter from Cabot saying they have contacted Bank of Scotland (OPUS) for a copy of the agreement
        Nov 2nd
        Sent letter to data controller at CITI regarding no reply to my SAR
        Nov 8th
        Letter from Cabot apologising for delay in replying as original lender (CITI, OPUS, Bank of Scotland??? take your pick)was having a delay in retrieving the info.
        OPUS called and asked me to verbally request a SAR from them which I did.
        Nov 29th
        Uncomplete SAR received from OPUS which included a recon OPUS agreement. It also had this in the letter,

"I hope the information that I have provided you will assist you and be beneficial with your current dispute with CITI."

Card number different from the CITI number. Also a recon copy agreement from CITI
        Dec 1st
        Letter from Cabot apologising for the delay in getting the requested information. "We shall continue to request the information from the original lender."
        Dec 13th
        More SAR information from OPUS.Statements from Feb 2006. Amazingly, Citi stopped sending statements may 2010, OPUS show them for Oct/Nov 2010 from CITI and then shows statements from OPUS from Jan 2011 to Nov 2011 none of which show penalty interest and none off which I have ever seen before. None of the statements have been sent to me since May 2010

Jan 17th
        Letter from Cabot with a recon agreement from OPUS with their card number I have never had. Also a sheet showing penalty interest being added monthly since may 2011. Also referring to my s78 request.
        Jan 31st
        Letter to CITI regarding my SAR giving them 14 days to send the information or I report them for non-compliance.
        Jan 31st
        Letter to Cabot pointing out it was their Data Controller who asked me to verbally request a SAR from them, it was not under s78. Asked them to kindly reply to my SAR to CITI which they now appeared to have. Gave them 14 days or reporting them for non-compliance.
        Jan 31st
        Letter to Data Controller at OPUS pointing out the information I had specifically asked for in the SAR to CITI which they also now seemed to have a copy off.Also about the miraculous statements which they had conjured up, asked for an explanation regarding these mysterious statements. Gave him 14 days to reply and informed him I would be complaining to all the relevant authorities regarding these matters.
        Feb 7th
        Letter from cabot asking for a tenner for a SAR. Just going to write back telling them to get stuffed that as they know the account is in dispute. Should I be sending CITI another dispute letter re the ignored SAR
        Feb 10th
        CCA Request sent to CITI, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me.
        Feb 11th
        Reply from OPUS re incomplete SAR. they have me confused now. Told me the reason I never got statements during part of 2010 was I had a zero balance lol. I stopped paying in 2009 hmmmmmm
        Feb 11th
        Letter to Cabot re information not being supplied by all concerned.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 11th
        Letter to Cabot telling them to get stuffed re another tenner for a SAR
        Feb 12th:
        Letter sent to Opus re UE from Templates.
        Feb16th
        Letter from Opus, They are unable to trace a copy of the signed application form and rabbiting on about their procedure has always been to obtain a signature before entering into an agreement. I never had a card with Opus, they bought an account from CITI.

EMAILING NIDDY

Niddy says

Feb 20th
        Email from Cabot,

"The Cabot Financial Group recently bought the account you held with Opus Credit Card and we`ve tried contact previously. It`s now vital that you contact us urgently to discuss your account.

If you don`t contact us to agree a suitable repayment plan we`ll have to move your account to the next stage of our collections process."
        Feb 21st
        Sent account in dispute letter to Cabot with a copy of the letter from OPUS.
        Feb 21st
        Reply from Cabot advising me that they sent a recon true copy of the agreement in January which for the avoidance of doubt complies with the Consumer Credit etc. Still asking for payment.

Feb 24th

Incomplete response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.
        Feb 28th:
        Another letter from Cabot. A Final Response. Letter at post #87
        Feb 29th
        Final response template letter sent to Cabot.
        March 15th:
        Letter from Cabot which included a copy of the letter at post #87. They again say that they wont be corresponding with me in relation to this matter. Oh dear it is now nearly £8000 they want from me.
        July 25th:
        Letter from CITI, lol, Further to their letter dated 24th August 2011 they are still unable to identify an account with the details furnished and ask again for my full name etc. They want another tenner as they returned my original one.
        July 28th:
        Replied with a copy of the 30th August letter along with proof of posting and their signature accepting the letter.
        16th Oct:
        Letter from CITI enclosing statements for the account they couldn`t find.

7th Feb:
        Letter from Cabot informing me that they recently bought the account that I held with Opus and we have tried to contact you??
        16th Feb:
        Letter to Cabot informing them the dispute is still ongoing.
        1st March:
        Letter from Cabot "Please call urgently and speak to one of their helpful customer advisors (SIC) regarding this account."
        5th May:
        Letter from Cabot offering 30% discount if I respond within 30 days from the day of the letter which is actually 26th April, yet received only today.
        25th June:
        Letter from Cabot telling me I owe money and they want a commitment to repay. If not they are going to move it to the next stage of their collection process.

30th Aug:
        Letter from FIRE. NOTIFICATION OF INSTRUCTION TO COLLECT. due to my failure to pay this (alleged) debt, FIRE have been instructed by their client, CABOT FINANCIAL, to recover the full outstanding balance.
        2nd Sept:
        SWID off to Fire.
        12th Sept:
        Letter from fire in reply to my SWID, they are going to conduct a thorough investigation then come back asking me for cash lol
        4th Oct:
        Letter from Cabot referring to my SWID sent to FIRE. Upon reviewing their records they have addressed my concerns. With regard to my comments re CITI they want me to copy relevant documentation to them to enable them to investigate this further. This is their final response again lol.

18th Oct:

Well, last payment made 8th October 2009. This should now be SB, certainly nothing has been paid since then and as far as I am aware this alleged debt has never been acknowledged since then either.

Last edited by Mehim; 29 January 2019, 15:51.
        OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

No 1 Barclaycard/Monument Credit Card

start : Before 2004, Unsure when
          bal : £3,000 Now £3007
          last full : 2012
          present : Not paying

dca : Mercers, Resolve, Calders, Credit Solutions, MKRR

March 29th
          BCard increased my interest rate. I closed the card and asked for a copy of the original agreement. Was told it would be sent.
          March 29th
          Letter received confirming account closure.
          April
          Called them asking where the Agreement was that they were sending me.
          May 9th
          Letter received rabbiting on about s78 request, that they will respond ASAP

May 18th
          Copy of Barclaycard T&Cs sent re s78 Request?
          May 18th
          Recon copy of a Providian National Bank agreement sent re s78 request?
          Dec 14th
          SAR sent to them

Jan 11th
          Uncompleted SAR received.
          Jan 16th
          Letter to them requesting the missing information from the SAR, re original CCA and all statements among other things. Informed them I will be making a complaint if i do not receive this, also threw Ezias V Welsh Minsters back at them.
          Feb 10th
          CCA Request sent, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me.

Feb 24th: No response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.
          March 6th
          Letter Acknowledging my request dated 10th Feb. They are dealing with it and will respond asap
          March 12th
          Late Payment note with statement.
          March 19th
          Letter reminding me I haven`t paid.
          March 21st
          Sent Telephone harassment letter
          March 29th
          Letter informing me they are dealing with my complaint.
          April 3rd
          Letter from Barclaycard.

RESULT

"We are currently unable to provide a copy of the credit agreement you entered into. We accept that we are therefore prevented from enforcing our agreement with you while this state of affairs continues."

They have suspended the account because of the significant increased risk that I will cease to make payments. LOL I closed the account a year ago and stopped paying it.

Barclaycard say ya beauty

April 5th
          Letter from them with a set of Barclaycard t&c`s, nice of them considering they say it is
          April 6th
          Another letter from them, saying they have enclosed the information I asked for. Nothing enclosed lol, and no idea which account they mean or what I am supposed to have asked for.
          April 14th
          Letter (FFS) Reducing my credit limit, also telling me I cant use the card till it is up to date in payments. I closed the account in March 2011
          April 27th:
          Letter saying they are still looking into my complaint. They will get in touch by 27th May.
          April 27th:
          Letter about my complaint, apologising for all the calls and they have removed all present and previous numbers from their records.
          May 25th:
          Letter from Mercers, pillocks. Asking for payment on a card that Barclays have admitted is Also a default notice.
          May 27th:
          Letter from Resolve, threatening a doorstep visit. They did visit when I was away. Fuckwit also called today, I told him this was already resolved as Barclaycard had admitted no agreement and if he or anyone else came to my door again, I was just calling the police.
          June 12th:
          Letter to Mercers with a copy of the letter stating this is from Barclaycard
          June 12th:
          Letter to Resolvecall with a copy of Barclay`s letter and a leave my doorstep alone letter.
          June 13th:
          Letter from Mercers ffs wanting paid lol
          June 14th:
          Letter from Mercers, re doorstep visit
          July 5th:
          Sent Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment Follow-Up & Threat of Injunctive Relief.
          July 24th:
          Letter thanking me for contacting them complaining. Think it is in reply to my last one sent on the 5th.
          14th August:
          Same letter from Calder as Barclaycard Nos 2 & 4
          Also another from Barclaycard saying they are still looking into my complaint.
          Doorstep letter to Calder along with my last one to Mercer and a copy of Barclaycard`s admitting
          Final Response - UE (No CCA Received) to Barclaycard hopefully to put this to sleep

21st August:
          Letter from Barclaycard, re my letter to Resolvecall on 12th June. They tell me that a final response was sent to me on 6th July
          (not to me it wasn`t). They also mention a response to my comments under s127 and ask me to disregard this "as it was input in to our correspondence in error" . This latest and the copy of the final response both confirm no CCA
          25th August:
          Another from B/card re doorstep visit from Resolvecall. Apologising for the upset and inconvenience their contact may have caused. They confirm that Resolvecall are currently not dealing with my accounts.
          12th Sept:
          Another letter from Calders with the same as last time.
          4th Oct:
          Letter from Barclay. Formal demand for payment and notifying me that they intend to file a default at the credit reference agencies.
          19th Oct:
          Letter from Barclay saying Credit Solutions are now dealing with this one
          19th Oct:
          CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA to Credit Solutions along with Barclay letter admitting no cca
          25th Oct:
          Letter from Credit Solutions, Formal Demand.
          6th Nov:
          Reply to the Confirmation of no CCA Template from Credit Solutions.

"I have noted the contents of your letter and can confirm that as we are unable to provide you with the CCA in line with Section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and therefore the account is now unenforceable at law, however we do urge you to make payments."

Yeah right, gonna run to the bank asap lol

5th March:
          Letter informing me that this account was assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to MKPD LLP late February.
          16th March:
          Letter from MKRR Further to out recent communication regarding transfer of ownership,
          well that`s a lie to start with lol.
          18th March:
          Letter to them, re B/card admitting no CCA (copy included) and also telephone harassment and doorstep letters.
          29th march:
          Another letter from MKRR. "Regardless of our attempts to contact you by telephone and letter we still have not received your offer of payment"
          29th March:
          Letter to them informing them I did write enclosing proof of postage and their signature for receiving it

Last edited by Mehim; 29 January 2019, 15:52.
          OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

No 2 Barclaycard/MDSW Credit Card

start : Before 2005, Unsure when
            bal : £4,000 Now £4700, Now £4733.52
            dca : Mercers, Calders, Credit Solutions, MKRR, MKPD, MKRR

March 29th
            March BCard increased my interest rate. I closed the card and asked for a copy of the original agreement. Was told it would be sent.
            March 29th
            April
            May 11th
            Dec 14th
            I sent account in dispute as they never got back to me.
            Dec 20th
            Letter from them apologising and thanking me for allowing them to respond.

Jan 11th
            Letter from them rabbiting on about s78 and T&C for MDSW card.
            Jan 11th
            Same date another letter with T&C for a Barclay Credit Card.
            Jan 16th
            Sent a reply asking them where I had asked anything under s78, also sent in a SAR
            Feb 2nd
            Received an incomplete SAR, no original agreement, (Recon one included)
            No statements.

Feb 10th
            Feb 24th
            Reply regarding CCA request. Wrong original application form sent to me, name etc belongs to someone in Sheffield.

Feb 24th
            Wrong response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.
            March 8th:
            Letter with a recon agreement. Blank sheet with the previous person`s name and address top left. Box with right to cancel further down and a set of MDSW T&Cs. Late fee is £15.00, I am not sure if this was the late fee when I started the card, think it was probably £25.00
            March 8th:
            Letter same day with a copy of Barclaycard T&Cs
            March 17th
            Late payment note with statement.

March 21st
            Sent Telephone harassment letter
            March 29th
            April 27th:
            Letter saying they are still looking into my complaint. They will get in touch by 27th May.
            April 27th:
            Letter about my complaint, apologising for all the calls and they have removed all present and previous numbers from their records.
            May 25th:
            Letter from Mercers, wanting paid. This is also a default notice.
            June 12th:
            Letter to Mercers, No CCA received.
            June 15th:
            Letter from Mercers re doorstep visit
            July 5th:
            Sent Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment Follow-Up & Threat of Injunctive Relief.
            July 24th:
            Letter thanking me for contacting them complaining. Think it is in reply to my last one sent on the 5th.
            13th August:
            Letter from Calder blah, blah, blah
            13th August
            Doorstep letter to Calder along with a copy of the letter to Mercer`s June. Told them to read it and not be telling porkies about me not contacting Mercer. Also said to ask the guy along the corridor why he was telling lies about me
            12th Sept:
            Another letter from Calder saying I`ve not been in touch with Mercers.
            13th Oct:
            Letter from Barclay informing me that the account has now been passed to Credit Solutions Ltd to manage the collection of the balance.
            16th Oct:
            Account in dispute template letter sent to Credit Solutions
            17/18 Oct:
            Letter from Credit Solutions, Formal Demand
            8th Nov:
            Response to the Account in Dispute Template letter.

"In your letter you state the account is currently in dispute as they have failed to comply with your request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I can confirm that according to the notes on our system prior to receiving your above mentioned letter we have not received any request from you under the Consumer Credit Act 1972, however you may have sent this to our client.
            In order for us to raise your dispute with our client we require more information regarding your request.
            We need to clarify the following:-
            Whether you have or have NOT received any documentation from the client since your request was made
            Whether you have paid the statutory fee of £1.00 (your request would not have been processed if this fee was not paid)"
            12th Nov:
            Letter to Credit Solutions.

"I write in reference to your recent letter dated 6th November 2012 and note the content.
            I can confirm that this account is formally in dispute with Barclaycard and has been since they failed to acknowledge my Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA) Request, in line with s.77-s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974)."

5th March:
            Letter informing me that this account was assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to MKPD LLP late February.
            16th March:
            Letter from MKRR Further to out recent communication regarding transfer of ownership,
            well that`s a lie to start with lol.
            18th March:
            Letter to MKRR, Account in Dispute, Telephone Harassment and doorstep threat.
            29th march:
            Another letter from MKRR. "Regardless of our attempts to contact you by telephone and letter we still have not received your offer of payment"
            29th March:
            Letter to them informing them I did write enclosing proof of postage and their signature for receiving it
            15th April:
            Letter from MKDP (that`s different always been MKRR in the past.)informing me that they are unable to fulfil my request!! What request I ask myself.
            5th May:
            Another letter from MKDP apologising for the delay in getting information to me. Very similar to the last one
            11th June:
            Another letter from MKPD again apologising for the delay.
            18th July:

22nd Aug:
            7th Sept:
            Letter from MKPD. Further to your recent communication (that would be in March), please find enclosed documents you have requested.
            Reconstituted credit agreement enclosed.
            We request you contact us,
            gees yer dosh.
            26th Sept
            Another letter from MKPD again apologising for the delay ??!!!
            26th Oct:
            Another letter with 3 random Barclaycard statements from July, Aug, Sept 2012
            15th Nov:
            Final Notice from MKRR, As you have not taken up their offer of help, no option but to refer to Keynes Collections for litigation consideration to resolve this on our behalf.
            They may commence litigation blah blah

20th Nov:
            Threat to commence litigation letter send
            7th Dec:
            Letter from MKPD, Unable to resolve my query. going to conduct a full review and get back to me.

8th Jan:
            Letter from MKDP "I write further to our letter of acknowledgement we sent regarding the above account. At this time we must apologise, as we are still unable to resolve your query"
            22nd Jan:
            Letter from MKDP, Final response, I have six months to go to FOS if I`m not happy.
            7th Feb:
            Letter from Keynes Collections "Notice of Intended Legal Action" As you have failed to respond to previous correspondence or agree to a payment plan we have been instructed by MKDP LLP to collect the outstanding balance in accordance with your agreement. Lot more on it as well.
            10th Feb:
            Sent Letter before action letter to Keynes.
            12th Feb:
            Telephone harassment and in writing only letter sent to Keynes
            22nd Feb
            Latest from MKDP in reply to my letter to Keynes.
            "I understand you have requested further documentation in regards to the Practise-Pre-Action Conduct. You have stated in your correspondence that MKDP LLP have failed to comply with your request ubder s77; therefore, the account is unenforceable.
            I can confirm we have previously supplied you with Statements of Account and a Reconstituted Copy of your Credit Agreement. Your request for a copy of your credit agreement made under s77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Please find below an extract from para 2.17 of Guidence issued by the OFT on s77/78/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
            (Usual Bumph then re Carey). Accordingly
            , the creditor`s duty under s77 has been satisfied and you remain Liable for the above balances in full.
            In regards to the further documentation you have required, I can confirm we have requested this from the original creditor and this will be forwarded to you upon receipt. Further to this, you have requested communications between ourselves and the creditor, I must advise we are not obliged to provide you with this documentation" Number to call if I require anything further.
            26th feb:
            Letter
            from MKDP apologising for the delay.
            27th Feb:
            Letter from MKDP re mine regarding telephone harassment.They don`t consider all the call harassment but have removed my number and all communications will be in writing from now on.
            4th Mar:
            Letter from MKDP enclosing the notice of assignment from B/card dated 28th Feb 2013. Informing me further to my recent communication.
            As verified in the enclosed Notice of Assignment, your account has been assigned to MKDP LLP to manage your account. MKDP LLP are now the legal owners of the account and therefore there is no liability towards Barclaycard. Once the account has been settled your credit file will be updated accordingly.

31st Mar:
            Reminder off to Keynes Collections regarding the info asked for in reply to their LBA
            18th April:
            Letter from MKPD re mine of the 31st March

3rd April:
            Letter from MKDP apologising for the delay.
            18th April:
            Letter from MKDP copy of default notice.
            20th May:
            Letter from Raven Recoveries wanting my money.
            26th May:
            ​SWID off to Raven.

7th June:
            Letter from MKDP regarding Account No 2, they are still unable to resolve my query.
            25th June:
            Letter from Raven Recoveries, wanting full payment.
            1st July:
            One liner to them to them referring to my SWID sent 26th May

27th Nov:
            Letter from MKDP, you haven`t agreed to pay up and we have undertaken investigations which have led us to believe you still live where you do. Please contact us asap and give us some money for the xmas party.

5th Oct:
            Letter from Hoist, NOA saying MKDP have sold this account to them and they have appointed Robinson Way to fail at trying to collect it. Also in the same envelope a letter from Robinson`s with 4 payment options. Last one is tell us what you can afford lol. Think that will be zilch.
            23rd Oct:
            Letter from Robinson Way No minimum payment required, contact us, tell us what you can afford. That will be zilch.
            9th Nov:
            Letter from Robinson way. What are you able to pay? Also included an I&e form for me to file away.

6th Jan:
            Letter from Robinson Way, their client has advised that they will accept a 50% settlement to clear the balance in one payment or the same in monthly payments

23rd may:
            Letter from Robinson Way, we understand you are paying other creditors but have no pay plan for this account.
            10th June:
            Letter from Robinson Way, we need to agree etc. etc

24th June:
            Letter from Robinson Way, despite attempts to contact you. Options for payments
            27th July:
            Letter from Robinson Way, why have you not contacted us

18th Jan:
            Letter from Robinson Way, we have previously tried to contact you
            1st Feb:
            17th Feb:
            Letter from Robinson Way, no minimum payment required, pay what you can afford
            11th April:
            This should be Statute Barred no
            w,Last payment was I think February 2012
            11th Sept:
            6th Oct:
            7th Nov:
            This should be Statute Barred now,Last payment was I think February 2012
            Happy days and many, many thanks to Niddy and his team here for all the help and advice I have received

Definitely way past the date of the default notice which was May 25th 2012

Last edited by Mehim; 29 January 2019, 17:57.
            OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

No 3 Barclaycard/Goldfish Credit Card

start : Before 2004, Unsure when
              bal : £10,000
              last full : May 2011

dca : Mercers/ Calder Financial

March 29th
              BCard increased my interest rate. I closed the card and asked for a copy of the original agreement. Was told it would be sent
              March 29th: Letter from them acknowledging my call and closing the card.
              March 29th
              April
              I called them asking where the Agreement was that they were sending me.
              May 9th
              May 11th
              Letter containing Bcard t&C. Same day letter again about s78 with the following paragraph

"We are currently unable to provide a copy of the credit agreement you entered into. We accept that we are therefore prevented from enforcing our agreement with you while this state of affairs continues"

May 13th
              Replied informing them I would not be paying this card.
              May 13th
              Sent Account in Dispute letter.
              May 18th
              Another letter received telling me that although it was unenforceable, I should keep paying it.
              June 9th
              Request for Payment (ignored).
              Oct 9th
              Letter from Mercers (Default).
              Oct 17th
              Replied saying account in dispute.
              Oct18th
              New one from Mercers WE CAN HELP
              October 23rd
              Sent another letter telling them the account was in dispute showing the para about it being uneforceable in the Barclaycard letter.
              Oct
              Spoke to someone from Calder Financial, explaining the position.
              Nov 4th
              Letter from Calder full of lies about our conversation.
              Nov 15th
              Replied advising them I did not say anything like the rubbish they had sent me. Pasted the unenforeable admission paragraph to them.

Not heard anything about this card since then.

Barclaycard say

Last edited by Mehim; 29 January 2019, 15:53.
              OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

No 4 Barclaycard Credit Card
                start : Sept 2004 bal : £2,400 Now £2484
                DCA : None, Mercers, Resolve Call, Calder, NCO, RMA, MKPD, MKRR, MKPD, MKRR, Raven Recoveries

March 29th:
                BCard increased my interest rate. I closed the card and asked for a copy of the original agreement. Was told it would be sent.
                March 29th:
                Letter acknowledging that they had closed the accounts.
                April:
                May 6th:
                Letter received with Barclaycard T&Cs
                May 6th:
                Same day as above. Letter with a recon Barclaycard agreement.
                May 13th:
                Letter sent account in dispute.
                May 19th:
                Letter received explaining why I was wrong regarding s78?
                Dec 14th:
                Letter sent telling them why they were wrong re timescales. Also sent a SAR
                Dec 15th:
                Letter from them stating they sent me a final response in May, acknowledged the SAR and pointed out the parts of s78 that had been repealed. Tried to intimidate me with "Carey"

Jan 11th:
                Uncomplete SAR received.
                Jan 16th:
                Letter sent asking for the missing information, original signed agreement, statements etc. Threw Ezsias v Welsh Ministers and said I would be making a complaint if I didn`t get the information.
                Jan 20th:
                Letter from them "Further to your recent request for information under the Data Protection Act of 1998, please find enclosed a copy of your original application" This copy actually has a stamp top right and included in that is a different card number from the one I had.
                Jan 25th:
                Letter sent asking for the missing information again, informed them it is my final request for them to comply fully with my SAR or I`m complaining to everyone I can.
                Feb 8th:
                Account in dispute letter sent.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 10th:
                Feb 24th:
                No response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.Niddy says

Feb 26th:
                Letter from B/card with a recon copy agreement.

EMAILING NIDDY
                Niddy says STILL
                March 1st:
                Another set of t&cs from Barclaycard, cant be the original t&c as the default charge is £12.00
                March 16th:
                Letter letting me know I didn`t pay this one. I knew that. Also threatening ROSO, they will have a hard time unless they use one of the other Barclay cards to pay it.

March 21st:
                Sent Telephone harassment letter.
                March 29th:
                April 27th:
                April 27th:
                May 25th:
                Letter from Mercers, asking for payment. Niddy deemed this also a default notice.
                June 12th:
                Letter from Resolvecall, threatening a doorstep visit. They did visit when I was away. Fuckwit also called today, I told him this was in dispute with Barclaycard and if he or anyone else came to my door again, I was just calling the police.
                June 12th:
                Letter to Mercers, account in dispute.
                June 15th:
                Letter from Mercers re doorstep visit.
                July 5th:
                July 24th:
                9th August:
                Letter from Calder Financial, As I have failed to contact Mercers,
                (lol eejits I have the letter and proof of postage) They want paid within 7 days.
                11th August: Doorstep letter to Calder along with a copy of the letter to Mercer`s 12th June. Told them to read it and not be telling porkies about me not contacting Mercer.
                4th Oct:
                Letter from Barclay. Formal demand for payment and notifying me that they intend to file a default at the credit reference agencies.
                26th Oct:
                Letter from Risk Management Alternatives (RMA), This account has been passed to them, usual crap, want to arrange a payment plan to avoid further action. May also instruct Scotcall to visit me.
                31st Oct:
                Letter from Barclay informing me this has been passed to RMA.
                31st Oct:
                Reply to RMA, account in dispute and Scottish doorstep letter.
                17th November:
                Letter from NCO? Looks like they are replying for RMA. "We are in receipt of your recent correspondence relating to the above reference. This matter is being investigated and a detailed response will be provided to you once the investigation is complete."
                6th Dec:
                Letter from NCO (RMA) Final response, going to resume collection activities. lol, if any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me using the details below.
                10th Dec:
                CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status posted off to NCO.
                17th Dec: Letter to NCO (RMA) re numerous calls to my mobile despite them saying in their letter received on the 6th that they would only contact me in writing as requested.

5th March:
                16th March:
                Letter from MKRR Further to out recent communication regarding transfer of ownership, well that`s a lie to start with lol.
                18th March:
                Letter to MKRR, Account in Dispute, Telephone Harassment and doorstep threat.
                29th march:
                29th March:
                Letter to them informing them I did write enclosing proof of postage and their signature for receiving it.
                4th April:

Letter from MKRR re my letter of 18th I think? Thanking me for taking the time to write, nice, They are unable to resolve the query at this time and will liaise with the OC and get back to me no later than 8 weeks.
                5th May:
                Another letter from MKDP apologising for the delay in getting information to me. Very similar to the last one.
                11th June:
                Another letter from MKDP apologising for the delay.
                18th July:
                22nd Aug:
                26th Sept:
                1st Nov:
                Letter from MKDP enclosing a recon from Barclaycard. Dated 10th June 2013, (Which I never received)​ Was also a final response from MKDP
                15th Nov:
                Final Notice from MKRR, As you have not taken up their offer of help, no option but to refer to Keynes Collections for litigation consideration to resolve this on our behalf.
                They may commence litigation blah blah.
                20th Nov:
                Threat to commence litigation letter sent.
                7th Dec:
                Letter from MKPD, Unable to resolve my query. going to conduct a full review and get back to me.

8th Jan:
                Letter from MKDP "I write further to our letter of acknowledgement we sent regarding the above account. At this time we must apologise, as we are still unable to resolve your query.
                22nd Jan:
                Letter from MKDP, They refer me to their final response letter sent Oct 2013 and as their complaints procedure are exhausted, they are unable to enter into any further correspondence regarding this matter.
                7th Feb:
                Letter from Keynes Collections "Notice of Intended Legal Action" As you have failed to respond to previous correspondence or agree to a payment plan we have been instructed by MKDP LLP to collect the oustanding balance in accordance with your agreement. Lot more on it as well.
                10th Feb:
                Sent Letter before action letter to Keynes.
                12th Feb:
                Telephone harassment and in writing only letter sent to Keynes
                22nd Feb
                Latest from MKDP in reply to my letter to Keynes.
                "I understand you have requested further documentation in regards to the Practise-Pre-Action Conduct. You have stated in your correspondence that MKDP LLP have failed to comply with your request under s77; therefore, the account is unenforceable.
                I can confirm we have previously supplied you with Statements of Account and a Reconstituted Copy of your Credit Agreement. Your request for a copy of your credit agreement made under s77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Please find below an extract from para 2.17 of Guidance issued by the OFT on s77/78/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
                (Usual Bumph then re Carey). Accordingly, the creditor`s duty under s77 has been satisfied and you remain Liable for the above balances in full.
                In regards to the further documentation you have required, I can confirm we have requested this from the original creditor and this will be forwarded to you upon receipt. Further to this, you have requested communications between ourselves and the creditor, I must advise we are not obliged to provide you with this documentation" Number to call if I require anything further.
                26th Feb:
                Letter from MKDP, Further to my request for further documents, they are unable to fulfil my request. Will get back to me once they receive them

27th Feb:
                Letter from MKDP re mine regarding telephone harassment.They don`t consider all the call harassment but have removed my number and all communications will be in writing from now on.
                5th Mar:
                Letter from MKDP enclosing the notice of assignment from B/card dated 28th Feb 2013. Informing me further to my recent communication.
                As verified in the enclosed Notice of Assignment, your account has been assigned to MKDP LLP to manage your account. MKDP LLP are now the legal owners of the account and therefore there is no liability towards Barclaycard. Once the account has been settled your credit file will be updated accordingly.

24th March:
                Letter from raven recoveries wanting my money.
                31st Mar:
                Reminder off to Keynes Collections regarding the info asked for in reply to their LBA
                31st march:
                Letter to Raven SWID
                3rd Apr:
                Letter from MKDP, apologising but they are still trying to get info from B/card
                18th April:
                Letter from MKPD with a so called copy of the default notice received.
                18th April:
                Letter from MKPD enclosing a copy of their letter dated 20th March. Citing Carey, reconstituted agreement etc.
                8th May:
                ​Letter from raven recoveries, wanting the full amount paid.
                14th May:
                ​Letter to raven, SWID again.

31st May:
                Letter from MKDP in response to my SWID to Raven. hey refer to my letter dated 14th May and say a final response was issued on 19th january 2014 which informed me of the final response given in October 2013
                11th June:
                Letter from Raven, because I haven`t arranged full payment or accepted their wonderful offers of discounts they now have no option but to refer this to Keynes Collections.
                16th June:
                Letter to Raven Recoveries referring them to my SWID dated 26th May.
                25th July:
                Letter from Raven, Despite previous communication from us,because I haven`t arranged full payment or accepted their wonderful offers of discounts they now have no option but to refer this to Keynes Collections.
                27th Nov:
                Letter from MKDP, you haven`t agreed to pay up and we have undertaken investigations which have led us to believe you still live where you do. Please contact us asap and give us some money for the xmas party.

5th October:
                Letter from Hoist, NOA saying MKDP have sold this account to them and they have appointed Robinson Way to fail at trying to collect it. Also in the same envelope a letter from Robinson`s with 4 payment options. Last one is tell us what you can afford lol. Think that will be zilch.
                23rd Oct:
                Letter from Robinson Way No minimum payment required, contact us, tell us what you can afford. That will be zilch.
                9th Nov:
                Letter from Robinson way. What are you able to pay? Also included an I&e form for me to file away.

6th Jan:
                Letter from Robinson Way, their client has advised that they will accept a 50% settlement to clear the balance in one payment or the same in monthly payments
                23rd may:
                Letter from Robinson Way, we understand you are paying other creditors but have no pay plan for this account.
                10th June:

24th June:
                Letter from Robinson Way, despite attempts to contact you. Options for payments
                26th July:
                Letter from Robinson Way, why have you not contacted us

18th Jan:
                Letter from Robinson Way, we have previously tried to contact you
                1st Feb:
                17th Feb:
                Letter from Robinson Way, no minimum payment required, pay what you can afford
                11th April:
                23rd May:
                10th June:
                24th June:
                26th July:
                11th Sept:
                6th Oct:
                20th Oct:
                6th Nov:

This should be Statute Barred now,Last payment was I think February 2012 Well past the default date of May 25th 2012

Last edited by Mehim; 29 January 2019, 18:09.
                OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Nationwide Credit Card

start : May 2004
                  bal : £8,000 now £10,400, NOW £9443 Now £9445.46
                  present :Not paying
                  dca : None, Now KPR, Now Fredrickson, Now Wescot

Dec 14th
                  Sent SAR to Nationewide.

Jan 5th
                  Received a reply, same time asking me what I was actually looking for. Ignored that one.
                  Jan 26th
                  Received letter telling me to pick up the SAR contents from the local branch as they couldn`t compare my signature with their records.
                  Jan 26th

Collected incomplete SAR from local branch. Copy of an application form, no agreement.
                  Jan 31st
                  Sent a letter complaining about the uncompleted SAR and requesting the missing information.
                  Feb 3rd
                  Letter from nationwide in reply to me asking for a copy of the original CCA and the missing statements.
                  "You have made reference to a signed original CCA, I am afraid I am uncertain as to what exactly you are referring to. The Consumer Credit Act (CCA) is an act of parliament and while all credit agreements are regulated by this, it is not a separate document Nationwide hold and therefore not classed as personal data that we would be in a position to provide.
                  In respect of missing statements, Nationwide only hold copies of statements for a period of 6 years and therefore regret that we have no additional statements that we are able to provide."
                  Feb 8th
                  Reply sent re numpties letter from Nationwide. Also letter to chief exec making a complaint.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 10th
                  CCA Request sent, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me.
                  Feb 14th
                  Reply from Chief Exec`s office re Numpties letter. Apologies but not a lot of anything else. Copy of the application form sent on it`s own yet again. Still waiting for a reply to the CCA request.
                  Feb 16th
                  Letter from NW re CCA request, will send to Niddy for his expert eye to look it over.

EMAILIN NIDDY

Niddy says and still

March 8th:
                  Letter re late Payment. Opps they noticed I didn`t pay it.
                  March 17th
                  Letter re late payment.
                  March 21st:
                  Sent telephone harassment letter
                  March 28th:
                  Letter apologising for all the calls
                  April 14th:
                  Letter from them, Notice of Sums in Arrears. They recommend that I contact them to discuss matters. To make an immediate payment by card call the number given.
                  April 18th:
                  Letter received,

Collectors have been instructed to recover the debt you owe.

We have now instructed our collectors to visit your home and collect the amount outstanding and to discuss your financial situation. If you do not pay you will be served with a default notice. Ways to pay on the back of letter.

First one is Card Payment.
                  April 18th:
                  Sent doorstep collection threat template letter.
                  April 25th:
                  Letter received with Default Notice
                  May 4th:
                  Letter with a Statement of Means form, wanting me to fill it in and return so they can assess my financial situation.
                  May 16th:
                  Final Demand, if I don`t contact them they will instruct KPR Debt Collectors to recover outstanding amount, they may do a doorstep visit and instruct solicitors to take legal action.
                  May 27th:
                  Letter from KPR, Final Notice hmmmmm, This is our final letter before legal action commences, as you have ignored previous letters regarding the outstanding sum
                  June 12th:
                  Letter to KPR Threat by Creditor Threat-o-gram LBA
                  June 14th:
                  Notice of sum in arrears received.
                  June 27th:
                  Undated letter from Nationwide informing me that Fredrickson Internation Ltd will now be carrying out the management of this account.
                  July 4th:
                  Letter from Fred`s. we want your money. "Payment can be accepted by debit card, credit card or cheque."
                  July 5th:
                  Sent "Account in Dispute" to Fred
                  13th August:
                  Letter from Freds saying account is on hold while they await instructions from the OC
                  2nd Oct:
                  Letter from Fred`s.They referred matter to client who confirmed that they do not hold a record of a documentation request made to them
                  (Oh yes they do)
                  4th Oct:
                  One liner to Fred`s suggesting they contact their client as I have proof of postage and a signature accepting my request for the CCA
                  18th Oct:
                  Letter from Fred, Letter Before Action, dated 16th giving me 7 days to pay
                  19th Oct:
                  Sent to Fred`s Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                  26th Oct:
                  Letter from Freds,

"We write further to your letter dated 19th October 2012, the content of which has been noted.
                  We confirm that we are acting on the instructions of our client who believes the outstanding balance is lawfully due to them. We confirm that we are acting in good faith and all our actions have been lawful. We and our client deny harassment ans any such claim will be vigorously defended and you are put to strict proof of such serious allegations.
                  We refer to our letter dated 1 October 2012, and reiterate that our client has no record of receiving a request for the documents under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 from you, Please provide us with evidence of your request together with evidence that the statutory fee was cashed.
                  In the event that a section 77-79 request has not in fact been or is unaccounted for please submit.resubmit your request to our client direct.
                  We look forward to hearing from you with confirmation of your position within 14 days. Please note should we not hear from you within this time collection activity may resume."
                  31st Oct:
                  Letter to Freds, included copy of original CCA request, proof of posting and their acceptance of same. Also informed them I`d be invoicing them for £18.00 a letter for any more unnecessary ones I needed to send to them
                  10th Nov:
                  Letter from Freds.

"We thank you for your recent letter dated 31st October 2012 the contents of which we note but do not accept.
                  We confirm that we are no longer instructed and the account has been returned to our client and our file is now closed.
                  We further confirm that we have forwarded your letter to our client for their records and advise that as we have no retainer with you any future invoices will be rejected."
                  13th Nov:
                  Another letter from Freds,

"we refer to your recent communication.
                  Please note we are no longer instructed in connection with this matter and have returned the account to our client."
                  28th Nov:
                  Letter from Nationwide.
                  "We have received a letter from you, via Fredrickson International requesting a copy of the agreement for the above account"

EMAILING NIDDY

No changeSill

22nd April:
                  Letter from Nationwide, informing me that Wescot Credit Services are now managing this one.
                  29th April:
                  Letter from Wescot, pay us, we want money.
                  8th May:
                  Letter to Wescot, sold in dispute.
                  10th May:
                  Letter from Wescot, FINAL DEMAND in oh so scary red letters.
                  17th May:
                  Letter from Wescot offering a 50% reduced settlement offer
                  5th June:
                  Letter from Wescot, The opportunity to take control of your outstanding balance.
                  17th June:
                  Letter from Wescot Advising me that they are gonna steal my doorstep through some crowd called Credit Security.I have a final opportunity to avoid referral to Credit Security.
                  19th June:
                  Letter to Wescot re leave me doorstep alone and a gentle reminder to read my letter of 18th May
                  28th June:
                  Letter from Credit Security Ltd, yippeeeee gonna have a visitor
                  4th July:
                  Doorstep theft threat letter to Credit Security.
                  8th July:
                  Letter from Wescot, hehe, they do not have a record of receiving correspondence dated 8th may from me.
                  (tough titty, I have proof they signed for it)
                  14th July:
                  Letter to Wescot sending them a copy of proof of posting and the electronic sig they gave for receiving my letter of the 8th May.
                  18th July:
                  Letter from Credit Security Ltd in reply to my doorstep threat dated 4th July. They are unable to come collect my doorstep as they are no longer instructed in this matter.
                  25th July:
                  Letter from Wescot acknowledging that I have raised a request for documentation and it may take several weeks to get the information back from their client.

3 Aug:
                  Letter from Wescot re Credit Card Agreement. They say Nationwide sent me a copy in November 2012. Pay us the money.
                  6thAug:
                  all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...e-cca-received tweaked and sent to Wescot.
                  18th AUg:
                  Letter from Wescot, re mine of the 6th. Everything on hold till they contact their client.
                  31st Aug:
                  Letter from Wescot,
                  We refer to your recent communication regarding the above account, please find enclosed copy application form as requested. Payment is now required.

2nd Sept:
                  Letter to Wescot re Application Form Received.
                  11th Sept:
                  Letter from Wescot, everything on hold again till they contact their client, this might take several weeks.
                  10th Oct:
                  Letter from Wescot referring to my recent communication, awaiting information from their client and will get back to me.

11th April:
                  Last edited by Mehim; 29 January 2019, 15:54.
                  OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Originally posted by Mehim View Post
                    Nationwide Credit Card
                    Jan: letter from nationwide in reply to me asking for a copy of the original CCA and the missing statements.

"You have made reference to a signed original CCA, I am afraid I am uncertain as to what exactly you are referring to. The Consumer Credit Act (CCA) is an act of parliament and while all credit agreements are regulated by this, it is not a separate document Nationwide hold and therefore not classed as personal data that we would be in a position to provide."
                    I am sure that banks must select their customer 'service' staff on their ability to be utterly obtuse.

I suggest that you reply to that dolt by telling him/her/it that, in the context that the acronym "CCA" had been used, it plainly meant Consumer Credit Agreement - and copy your letter or email to Graham Beale, the Chief Muppet Executive of Nationwide BS, at gjbeale2@nationwide.co.uk

In your copy to Mr Beale, you might also ask if the customer 'service' monkey is being paid too much.

Comment

Ok thoughts please on this reply to the nationwide eejit that replied to my letter today.

Dear Simon Tilley,

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 3rd February 2012 and note the content and would reply to your comments:-

My Statement:-

“I note that there is no copy of a signed original CCA only an application form, please send a copy of the agreement.”

Perhaps you were having an off day or were just trying to be a smart ass.

In the context that the acronym "CCA" had been used, it plainly meant Consumer Credit Agreement as in the agreement that you're required to supply should I perform a s.78 request which is totally unnecessary whilst performing a SAR in line with s.7 DPA as we both know the Subject Access request should incorporate everything that the Nationwide Group hold about me, the actual data subject.

Next point, Record Keeping:-

As a small business, I am required by law to retain all financial records for 7 years, I am at a loss as to why your company should be any different. I will be checking your statement and once I verify that you are required to keep financial records longer than 6 years I will alert the proper authorities to your failure to do so.

Next:- Your Comment - "If you do not have access to the internet and would like a copy of this report please let me know and I will provide you with a copy."

Please reread my letter dated 31st January 2012. I specifically asked for a copy of the Data Protection Register Entry Report to be sent to me.

I will also be copying this Letter Graham Beale, the Chief Executive of Nationwide BS.

I think that might be ok to send. cheers
                      Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 7 February 2012, 20:06. Reason: added parts
                      OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

I have edited the above slightly, it's a bit better now....

I added this:

as in the agreement that you're required to supply should I perform a s.78 request which is totally unnecessary whilst performing a SAR in line with s.7 DPA as we both know the Subject Access request should incorporate everything that the Nationwide Group hold about me, the actual data subject.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy,

lol nice one, I stuck in a cheeky (or should)

as we both know (or should) the Subject Access etc

ah the fun of dealing with them, once you decide a default isn`t the end of the world, this can be fun.

TY
                          OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Evening Folks,

I drafted a letter that I`m thinking of sending to Bcard and Nationwide. I`ll stick it here and would appreciate comments, re content and if I should send it.

Saying that it was one of Niddy`s specials that I adapted .

I write with reference to your letter dated 3rd February 2012 regards my previous Subject Access Request, dated 16th January 2012.

In my original request I did make it clear that I wanted a copy of EVERYTHING that the bank holds about me, this was done in line with s.7 (DPA1998) and the £10 statutory fee was also sent at the same time.

My request clearly stated that I require a copy of everything you hold about me as a data subject; it did ask for copy of all statements. A SAR is not restricted to the previous 6 years either - I want a copy of everything that you hold about me, no matter the date.

I refer you to Principle 6 of the Data Protection Act where it outlines your responsibilities and also confirms that the data subject is entitled to be told of any processing, to a description of what it is you're processing and why, a copy of all information held and given details of the source of the data.

I therefore suggest you pull your finger out and send me all data held by Nationwide. I do not want just copy statements; I want a copy of everything you hold about me

I expect this information within the normal timeframe and as the information was simply omitted from my original request, the 40 day statutory period still applies. As the 40 days have passed I will cease payment to this account until you comply fully with my SAR.

I await your response, with the missing information.

Any future unnecessary delays will be met with a formal complaint being made against you to the ICO, the FOS and the strong possibility I may consider utilising legal methods in order to get a copy of the data you are processing regards me.
                            Last edited by Mehim; 8 February 2012, 17:21.
                            OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Originally posted by Mehim View Post
                              I expect this information within the normal timeframe and as the information was simply omitted from my original request, the 40 day statutory period still applies. As the 40 days have passed I will cease payment to this account until you comply fully with my SAR.
                              Why?

The DPA does not make alleged debts unenforceable if the creditor decides to play at Silly Buggers when confronted with a SAR.

Comment

Working...
                              X