GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mehim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mehim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: mehim's UE Diary

Originally posted by Mehim View Post
    Had another call from Nationwide too, thats number 4, I will have to send the phone harassment letter soon.
    Are you running out of ideas for how to "fail security" creatively, or are you just getting a bit irritated by them?

Irritate them.

Waste their time.

Tell them they've called a Koranic game show on Radio Tehran, that they're on the air now and then ask them why The Prophet, blessings be upon him, made alcohol haram.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Barclaycard took over Monument in 2002 when it was sold off by Providian National Bank so if your account started after that date (2004?) those Ts & Cs can't be anything to do with you I have one of these and Barclaycard finally admitted UE and I've heard nothing more from them since March 2011 - they haven't even sold it on
      And you've not told them to assign it to another bunch of parasites because, in five years, it'll become statute barred?

Aren't you worried that MacKenzie Hall might then buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        Are you running out of ideas for how to "fail security" creatively, or are you just getting a bit irritated by them?

Irritate them.

Waste their time.
        One way to annoy is when they ask you for your date of birth you ask them for theirs. I used to say "I'm not telling you mine if you're not prepared to tell me yours" and hang up

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          One way to annoy is when they ask you for your date of birth you ask them for theirs. I used to say "I'm not telling you mine if you're not prepared to tell me yours" and hang up
          I just say "get fucked" - works a treat
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Morning Folks,

I must say it makes me laugh when I log in here and read the comments, big change from a year ago I can tell you.

My OH has a MBNA card with a £20,000 plus limit on it, I have to admit I`ve been trying to get her to max it out as it is pre 2007 as well.

This forum sure has wised me up to these theiving, lying bar stewards.

Just a pity she wont do it.

TY
            ************************************************** ***********************
            OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
            TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

additional cardholder - then SHE doesn't need to
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I wished I'd maxed out my cards before sending the token payment letters (before I 'met' Niddy)
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  I wished I'd maxed out my cards before sending the token payment letters (before I 'met' Niddy)
                  Not always wise though as it does look bad and would also mean we condone debt avoidance which really we don't - we tend not to ask about the circs surrounding peoples debt however debt avoidance is not high on my list as I never started this forum for that reason, I started this to help those that literally had nowhere else to turn.

Sorry for quoting you Pixie, obviously not aimed at you - just trying to clarify this point

Comment

Hi Again,

lol she wouldn`t max it out anyway.

It isn`t an additional card holder, she has it in her own name and account.

She is more worried than I am regarding all this stuff.

I am totally chilled out with it since I got the message to come here from over the road.

TY

Never fear Niddy, I wont be doing anything to bring this forum into disrepute.

I take every opportunity to point people who are in trouble to this site. It has been a godsend to me and my family.
                    Last edited by Mehim; 7 March 2012, 11:25. Reason: update
                    OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
                    TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

I meant you get added as an additional cardholder

* blonde moment maybe

Comment

lol I doubt they would add me.

Way back at the start of my defaulting, when I used to chat with them and have them pulling their hair out, one smart aleck actually mentioned my OH`s cards, he had obviously checked her out as well as myself. He was so upset because I picked MBNA as my first defaults and was still paying the rest of them.

In a later convo with a female, I told her I was reporting them for breaching DPA regarding my OH, she actually laughed and said they had broken some laws but not that one.
                        When she said I could stop the calls by agreeing payments. I told her the calls made my day, brightened my life up as they made me feel wanted. She was pissing herself laughing when we ended that call.

TY
                        OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Not always wise though as it does look bad and would also mean we condone debt avoidance which really we don't - we tend not to ask about the circs surrounding peoples debt however debt avoidance is not high on my list as I never started this forum for that reason, I started this to help those that literally had nowhere else to turn.

Sorry for quoting you Pixie, obviously not aimed at you - just trying to clarify this point
                          I'm not feeling paranoid this morning so I'll let you off!

It was just a rather flippant comment.

I understand what you're saying Niddy. I don't think that we have any posters who are here for debt avoidance per se. Every debt diary/post I've read has been from someone who has tried to pay their debts, is unable to continue to pay and is literally at their wits end. I know I certainly was.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Morning All,

I was at my wits end Pixie, how things have changed since coming here.

That was only last month and what a difference that short time has made.

I can only thank everyone for all the help I have been given in a few weeks.

TY
                            OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Nationwide Credit Card

start : May 2004
                              bal : £8,000
                              last full : Present
                              present : paying

dca : None

Dec 14th
                              Sent SAR to Nationewide.

Jan 5th
                              Received a reply, same time asking me what I was actually looking for. Ignored that one.

Jan 26th
                              Received letter telling me to pick up the SAR contents from the local branch as they couldn`t compare my signature with their records.

Jan 26th
                              Collected incomplete SAR from local branch. Copy of an application form, no agreement.

Jan 31st
                              Sent a letter complaining about the uncompleted SAR and requesting the missing information.

Feb 3rdLetter from nationwide in reply to me asking for a copy of the original CCA and the missing statements.

"You have made reference to a signed original CCA, I am afraid I am uncertain as to what exactly you are referring to. The Consumer Credit Act (CCA) is an act of parliament and while all credit agreements are regulated by this, it is not a separate document Nationwide hold and therefore not classed as personal data that we would be in a position to provide.

In respect of missing statements, Nationwide only hold copies of statements for a period of 6 years and therefore regret that we have no additional statements that we are able to provide."

Feb 8th
                              Reply sent re numpties letter from Nationwide. Also letter to chief exec making a complaint.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 10th
                              CCA Request sent, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me.

Feb 14th
                              Reply from Chief Exec`s office re Numpties letter. Apologies but not a lot of anything else. Copy of the application form sent on it`s own yet again. Still waiting for a reply to the CCA request.

Feb 16th
                              Letter from NW re CCA request, will send to Niddy for his expert eye to look it over.

EMAILIN NIDDY

Feb 24th: No response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.

Niddy says and still

March 8th:
                              Letter re late Payment. Opps they noticed I didn`t pay it.
                              They have noticed this wasn`t paid.
                              OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

No 2 Barclaycard/MDSW Credit Card

start : Before 2005, Unsure when
                                bal : £4,000
                                last full : Present
                                present : paying

dca : None

March 29th
                                March BCard increased my interest rate. I closed the card and asked for a copy of the original agreement. Was told it would be sent.

March 29th
                                Letter received confirming account closure.

April
                                Called them asking where the Agreement was that they were sending me.

May 11th
                                Letter received rabbiting on about s78 request, that they will respond ASAP

Dec 14th
                                I sent account in dispute as they never got back to me.

Dec 20th:Letter from them apologising and thanking me for allowing them to respond.

Jan 11th
                                Letter from them rabbiting on about s78 and T&C for MDSW card.

Jan 11th
                                Same date another letter with T&C for a Barclay Credit Card.

Jan 16th
                                Sent a reply asking them where I had asked anything under s78, also sent in a SAR

Feb 2nd:Received an incomplete SAR, no original agreement, (Recon one included)
                                No statements.

Feb 10th
                                CCA Request sent, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me

Feb 24th
                                Reply regarding CCA request. Wrong original application form sent to me, name etc belongs to someone in Sheffield.

Feb 24th: Wrong response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.

March 8th:
                                Letter with a recon agreement. Blank sheet with the previous person`s name and address top left. Box with right to cancel further down and a set of MDSW T&Cs. Late fee is £15.00, I am not sure if this was the late fee when I started the card, think it was probably £25.00
                                Do I respond to this or ignore it as they have the wrong person still?

TY
                                OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Working...
                                X