GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mehim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mehim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: mehim's UE Diary

Afternoon Folks.

These credit card companies astound me, they really do.

Tesco have just sent me a replacement card even though I`m not paying them on the old card.

Unbelievable.

TY
    OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
    TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Originally posted by Mehim View Post
      Afternoon Folks.

These credit card companies astound me, they really do.

Tesco have just sent me a replacement card even though I`m not paying them on the old card.
      Did they also send a copy of the executed agreement, as required by section 85 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974? (link)
      85 Duty on issue of new credit-tokens.

(1)Whenever, in connection with a credit-token agreement, a credit-token (other than the first) is given by the creditor to the debtor, the creditor shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it.
      (2)If the creditor fails to comply with this section—
      (a)he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; F1. . .
      (b). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      (3)This section does not apply to a small agreement.
      Unbelievable.
      And also unenforceable?

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        But is it a new credit token? Surely not when it's just a replacement card.
        Does section 85 - see above - make that distinction?

Comment

Hello,

On the back of the letter is a copy of the agreement for me to keep.

It does say:

"Your agreement is between us (Tesco Personal Finance plc trading as Tesco Bank) and you.
          Your agreement with us, Tesco Bank, is made up of two documents.
          1. This one, which you sign
          2. Tesco Credit Card General Conditions."

lol nowhere to sign and they don`t ask for it to be returned. The conditions leaflet was with it.
          ty
          ************************************************** ***********************
          OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
          TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Tesco is, unfortunately, enforceable as well

Sorry mate
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Oh deary me, someone got it right at last lol.

One question though, Page 1 has the late payment charge as £10.00 and page 5 has this as £12.00. I would have thought in 2003 that this charge was probably £30/35.

Not that I know if this would make a difference.

Thanks for checking it.

TY

Still trying to get my head round the ins and outs of and

Page 1 could only have been sent to me the last year or so, that was when they reduced the limit because of me not paying other cards I assume.

Page 5 must have been sent in 2003.

I have a feeling they are at it, just a gut feeling mind you. I`m no expert at any of this.

Should I blag this and see what they come up with?

TY
              Last edited by Mehim; 24 March 2012, 19:38. Reason: Update
              OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Sorry I presumed you knew that with terms missing its easily fixed so we usually reply with this:---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

So it's a blag for the time being. Point is yea they never sent "all" the terms but they can and will - send the template as linked here and they'll resend the terms (if they argue then we'll re-evaluate as it'd suggest they ain't got em in which case great)!!

See what happens once you send that.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy, thanks for all the help
                  OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Tesco Credit Card

Start: 2006 corrected to 2003
                    Balance: £7,500
                    Last Full: Paying

Feb 10th
                    CCA request letter sent.

Feb 24th: No response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.

March 17th:
                    Letter with CCA received. I`m not too sure what pages I should be emailing Niddy.

EMAILING NIDDY

March 21st
                    2 letters from Tesco, lucky me.
                    First is telling me they haven`t received a payment. Please contact them.
                    Second is a default sum notice for £12. That wont be paid either.

Niddy is checking the CCA I got from them regarding this card.

Niddy says

March 27th:
                    Sent missing pt template letter
                    March 27th:
                    Letter from them, Contact us urgently to discuss this account. They also called, I told them to bugger off and put it in writing
                    Hello Everyone,
                    Update regarding this one. They offered me a special number to call if I didn`t want to do security , told them where to shove it and write to me. They seem to think I`m ignoring their letters.

TY
                    OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Obviously they never got your letter yet - wait and see what they respond with......

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                        Update regarding this one. They offered me a special number to call if I didn`t want to do security , told them where to shove it and write to me. They seem to think I`m ignoring their letters.
                        Is that because they know the ink transfers to one's skin if the letters get wet and because you've not yet complained about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Obviously they never got your letter yet - wait and see what they respond with......
                          Hi Niddy, I just sent it today, I decided I`d take my time contacting and answering their letters. Like they do with mine.

I log all the calls I get, transfer them daily from the true call to the computer. Most of them hang up when they hear the answering machine but I keep the log.

TY
                          Last edited by Mehim; 27 March 2012, 14:54.
                          OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

MBNA Credit Card

start : Sept 2004 Correction Sept 1994
                            bal : £15,000
                            last full : Sept 2009
                            present : not paying

dca : Experto Credite, Claim Management Consultants

Feb 25th
                            I contacted a Claims Management Company
                            Mar 15th
                            I agreed to sign up for 3 cards
                            Mar
                            Letter from CMC advising me claim was going ahead and not to sign anything from MBNA, to pass all correspondence from MBNA to them ASAP
                            May 26th
                            Letter from CMC saying nothing had been received from MBNA. They wrote telling them it was unenforceable as MBNA had not complied within the time limit. Told me I could stop paying but would get loads of hassle. I kept paying meantime.
                            Loads of calls from MBNA which I stonewalled referring them to the CMC
                            Aug 26th
                            Letter from solicitors acting on behalf of the CMC informing me that they would be writing to MBNA asking for the account to be cancelled, if not they would be raising a court action
                            Oct 1st
                            Letter from CMC saying they had the paperwork from MBNA and the agreement was unenforceable. Again said I could stop paying it but I would get loads of hassle and they would default me. I stopped paying

Loads of call which I was happy dealing with.
                            Jan 15th
                            Threatogram from MBNA CCJ, Sheriff Court etc
                            Feb 4th
                            Nice letter offering help
                            March 8th
                            Threatened default if I didn`t pay
                            April 8th
                            Letter informing me that this would soon be written off as a bad debt and a default registered against me.
                            April 15th
                            Another letter (it is not too late to stop this happening). Threatened default and recovery action. Also calls offering discount.
                            May 7th
                            Letter informing me a default will register for 6 years. Also offering to consider settling the account at a lower amount. Letter was also confirmation of an impending default and contact from third party if I didn`t accept one of the aforementioned options.
                            June 4th
                            Default notice sent on the 4th, remedy date 22nd. On or after this date account will be terminated (Account actually sold to Experto 16th June). Got this from uncompleted SAR response from MBNA at a later date.
                            June 30th
                            Experto Credite appeared 30th June with a letter saying Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd were now the legal owners. Asked me to call them.
                            July 15th
                            Experto offered to negotiate a favourable discounted settlement figure.
                            Sept 16th
                            Home Owner Notification

Jan 21st
                            HL Legal for experto 7 days to pay or else.
                            March 29th
                            Panic Stations Letter from accountancy firm informing me that the CMC dealing with this for me had gone down the tubes.
                            March 30th
                            Letter to Accountants asking for my money back was ignored. Solicitor had already advised me there was no money.
                            April 13th
                            Bigger panic Letter from solicitors acting for the CMC, basically saying as there was no longer an indemnity, they could not advise me to go to court.
                            April 20th
                            Letter from me to CMC, that went bust, returned, no longer there.
                            April 15th
                            HL Legal telling me they had instructions to issue proceeding at County Court.
                            April 28th
                            Experto threatogram re doorstep visit. I wrote to them advising what the CMC solicitor had said regarding winning in court.
                            May 5th: Experto wrote saying they would check with MBNA regarding my dispute.
                            May 10th
                            Took stock, decided after reading all the bumph from MBNA and friends that if they were so sure of their facts, they would have taken action 2 years ago. Decided to fight on.
                            July 5th
                            Experto wrote saying MBNA confirms that there is no dispute.
                            Aug 18th
                            Sent SAR to MBNA asking for original agreement, statements and a lot more.
                            Aug 23rd
                            Letter from MBNA saying they were unable to locate the account, asked me for DOB etc.
                            Aug 30th
                            I replied giving some information to MBNA, also asked why they didn`t know who I was as all their mail came to the same address.
                            Aug 25th
                            Experto wrote regarding the SAR I sent MBNA informing me that they, Experto did not have the original agreement.
                            Aug 26th
                            Another threatened doorstep visit.
                            Aug 31st
                            Letter to Experto re unavailable data.
                            Sep 8th
                            I must have mentioned a notice of assignment (never received).
                            Got one from Experto on MBNA headed paper undated. and a letter on Experto headed paper undated saying they now owned the account.
                            Sept 27th
                            Uncompleted SAR sent from Experto.
                            Oct 14th
                            Credit Management Consultants wrote saying the account had been escalated to them. Threatened doorstep visit.
                            Oct 23rd
                            I wrote to Credit Management telling them the account was in dispute.
                            Oct 25th
                            Uncompleted SAR received from MBNA.
                            I wrote informing them there was no signed copy of an agreement only a signed application form. Threw Ezsias v Welsh Ministers (2007) at them.
                            Nov 2nd
                            Disk with all calls to and from Experto.
                            Nov 2nd
                            Letter to CMC Account in dispute.
                            Nov 2nd
                            Sent letter to MBNA re no CCA, telling them the account was in dispute still.
                            Nov 9th
                            Experto replied to the above letter, Asking for my proposals re payment.
                            Nov 16th
                            Replied to Experto informing them still no original CCA.
                            Nov 18th
                            Another letter from Experto apologising for their numpties telling me the agreement (which they don`t have) was enforceable when only a court could decide this.
                            Nov 30th
                            More threats from my new friend Credit Management Consultants. re Bailiff`s warrant, Attachment of earnings, Charging Order.

Jan
                            Experto called once and said in the convo that they didn`t know who Credit Management Consultants were.They mentioned a letter sent in December which I never got. They said they would now send it recorded delivery, I am still waiting.
                            Jan 31st
                            Further letter to MBNA re SAR.
                            Feb
                            Still no further response from MBNA, I warned them I will be making a complaint to all the relevant authorities..

That is it to date.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 10th
                            CCA Request sent, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me

Feb 24th
                            No response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.

Niddy says

March 28th:
                            Letter from Experto with a CCA, same one MBNA sent in the SAR I asked them for.
                            I didn`t send a CCA request to Experto, that went to MBNA as the OC. I also corrected the issue date of the card.

EMAILING NIDDY
                            Experto have reared their heads again with this one, strange they sold the Virgin/MBNA one to Aktiv. I never requested a CCA from them. I have emailed the application form first page to Niddy and await his expert appraisal.

TY
                            OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Jan
                              Experto called once and said in the convo that they didn`t know who Credit Management Consultants were.
                              Bloody numpties, cmc is a trading name of experto!!

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                                Bloody numpties, cmc is a trading name of experto!!
                                LOL yeah I knew that but never let on.

Strangely enough CMC are calling me again but for some reason my Truecall does not pick up there calls. It never records anything from them, I can find their number, no name and a message to call them but it is never saved for some reason.
                                Last edited by Mehim; 29 March 2012, 10:07. Reason: Update
                                OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Working...
                                X