GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Findingaway's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Findingaway's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Findingaway's UE Diary

Well after reading all about UE, & reading your diaries I've decided to take the plunge & try my luck to see if any of my debts are unenforcable

I'd like to give you a bit of background to my journey.
    We have a fair bit of debt (22.5K + 12.5K IN CCJ'S) made up of unsecured loans & credit cards. I didn't think I lived above my means... but I borrowed to help pay for 3 of my children's weddings all within 2 years, to purchase a car & to refurb a property we hoped to sell at a profit. That said I had a squeky clean credit file & we had good earnings. Life can twist the knife though at the most unexpected times. ;F-

I had a well paid job as a nhs manager & had been there for 15 yrs but in-house conflict between the new partners started to get out of hand & I was piggy in the middle. Things went from bad to worse with pressure over financial difficulty they had got into, they wanted me to reduce staffing further to save money but there was no way I could as we had already gone to the limit as we hadn't replaced 2 that had left plus we had to keep in line with standardised no's per GP's but one of them just kept on & on - the pressure went on for over 12 mths & 1 day it just got too much. The pain in my head was horrendous (I really thought I was having a haemorrage) & my family called the emergency dr out, he said I was clinically exhausted & gave me an injection to sedate me as my bp was sky high & said I had to see my own doc the day after, who diagnosed stress. I thought it would take a few days then I'd be ok, but it wasn't to be the case I just couldn't face going back into the firing line I just went into meltdown. A few months later I lost my Mum - After 6 mths they "let me go" due to capacity. It truly was the worse yr of my life. :cry:

I managed to pay everything as normal while I was getting paid, I got full pay for 3 mths but when it dropped to half pay for the next 3 mths it started to be a struggle. Luckily though we sold the house we'd refurbished to my son but although we didn't make any money on it at least we got the money we'd spent on it back plus the deposit. I repaid around 11k to the cards but made the mistake of paying lumps off all 9 I had instead of paying a couple off. Then the recession hit & my husband's self employed income dropped too. We ended up using the deposit money we'd got back making up for lost salary. I let everyone know we were finding it difficult but it didn't make a difference & as we were only making min payments the interest & charges they were adding just increased the debts, after a couple of yrs there was just no money to even pay the min payments, my anxiety had brought on depression & I just stopped opening the nasty letters, with hindsight that was a risk but i couldn't face anything - it was a dark period. ;eep

Slowly the mist has lifted this last year & I feel strong again ready to take on these debts! I started this journey by ringing CCCS as I was thinking of a dmp or even IVA. I posted on MSE but soon went off the IVA route as I wouldn't want to remortgage really to repay the debt in the 4th yr. I read on MSE about reclaiming then offering F&F so started off reclaiming charges on 5 cards plus I then realised I had ppi on 4 cards so put a claim in for 3 as I was still paying at the onset of my illness.

THEN I found Niddy ;-y - who wanted to know why I'd gone about things the wrong way round ;D All's not lost though cos I've just found out today that my RBS & MINT card ppi claims have been accepted & the full cards (4.7k) will be paid off within 5 days!! ;-y ;-y I'm just waiting for the Virgin money ppi decision. I've also had 3 card reclaims accepted. My Barclaycard was only £434 & I got £306 back so that's a good result as that was the only one that hadn't got a default 2 Sainsbury's 2 cards had £184 & £221 accepted but that just a waste of time really . ;D I've also claimed around £400 on an MBNA card I'd repaid before I left work so hope I get that as the cash can be repaid to me!

So that's my story..... I don't feel any guilt at trying to see if they are unenforcable - all the cards I paid lumps to are back at the amount they were before I repaid & I have not used any card since I repaid in 2007!! I've always paid my way in life but if I can find a way to reduce the debts then I will gladly take it. k

My other thread can be found here - with everything on it: --->
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=435&start=0
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
    Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Re: FINDINGAWAY'S UE DIARY

KEY
    sent
    received
    other information

Comment

Capquest
      Capital one credit card
      Start Date 19-07-2005
      Current Balance £2285
      Status - Defaulted on 07/09/08

April 09 -offerred 40% discount
      May 09 -Last letter I received but ignorance is bliss cos if i'd read it at the time I'd have died! It says ... [size=5]& unless we are able to reach an agreement for payment with you we will be forced to consider action against you to recover the sum due. Enclosed with this letter is a Statutory Demand under section 268(1)(a) ofthe Insolvency Act 1986. It then goes on to say...[size=5]Our preference is always to seek to reach an agreed repayment plan to avoid the need for such action. It includes what looks like a stat demand ;EEK BUT I've not heard anything since, so it must have been a terror tactic ;P-; ;P-;

30/9 /10- Checked trust on line, nothing against me. Blind threat ;Na
      1/10 /10- NID SAYS WAIT FOR THEM TO CONTACT ME
      Last edited by findingaway; 27 February 2011, 17:06.

Comment

CABOT Financial
        Credit card (egg)
        Start Date - 30/06/2004
        Current Balance £2717
        Status - Defaulted on 01/08/2008

October 09 - Letter received - [size=5]Welcome to Cabot, nothing since.

30/9/10 - NID SAYS WAIT FOR THEM TO CONTACT ME
        Last edited by findingaway; 27 February 2011, 17:07.

Comment

CABOT Financial
          Credit card- SAINSBURY'S BANK
          Start Date - 11/06/2004
          Current Balance £2011( minus reclaim 756.96)
          Status - Defaulted on 21/11/2008

June 2010 -Had assignment letter from Cabot. Nothing since.

Aug 2010 - Reclaimed charges - succesful claim £756.96 reduced off balance

30/9/10 - NID SAYS WAIT FOR THEM TO CONTACT ME
          Last edited by findingaway; 27 February 2011, 17:08.

Comment

Hillesden Securities
            Credit card - SAINSBURY'S BANK
            Start Date - 10/06/2004
            Current Balance £ 3369(minus RECLAIMS 735.93)
            Status - Defaulted on 20/10/2008

Dec 09 - Last letter from dlc for client Hillesden. ...[size=5]we have made enquiries with the local Land Registry & have received formal notification that you are a homeowner. It is now our intention to start legal proceedings.....ending [size=5]we would like to resolve this matter without the need for legal proceedings. Please telephone to discuss. I didn't make any contact.

Aug 2010- Reclaimed charges - succcesful claim £735.93 reduced off balance

30/9 - NID SAYS WAIT FOR THEM TO CONTACT ME

6/10 - Letter from Aplins solicitors - NID says ignore
            25/10 - LETTER FROM DLC OFFERING 75% REDUCTION - NID SAYS CAN'T PAY BUT COULDN'T ANYWAY COS I'VE NO MONEY
            19/11/10 - LETTER FROM DLC - OFFER TIL 30/11 - I IGNORED IT
            6/12/10 - Letter from dlc - offer expired ring us
            Last edited by findingaway; 27 February 2011, 17:09.

Comment

Hillesden Securities
              Unsecured Loan - SAINSBURY'S BANK
              Start Date - 27/05/2004
              Current Balance £3930
              Status - Defaulted on 30/09/2008

30/9- Received a "Notice of sums in arrears" letter from dlc.
              25/10 - LETTER FROM DLC OFFERRED 75% DISCOUNT - NID SAYS CAN'T ACCEPT BUT I CAN'T AFFORD TO ANYWAY
              19/11/10 - LETTER FROM DLC - OFFER OPEN TIL 30/11 - I IGNORED
              11/12 /10- CCA REQUESTED
              25/03/10 - Received letter saying still awaiting from OC, will update in 30 days! 3rd letter received saying exactly same.
              Last edited by findingaway; 25 March 2011, 17:45.

Comment

Link Financial MBNA
                Credit Card - VIRGIN MONEY
                Start Date - 16/12/2002
                Current Balance £3470
                Status - Defaulted on 31/10/2008

April 2010 - 2 nice letters received. One offering 25% reduction, one just a statement of affairs.
                Sept -Made a ppi claim but turned down

14/10 - RECEIVED "PAY OR WILL ADVISE LITIGATION" LETTER

23/11 - ON NIDDY'S ADVICE APPEALED THE DECISION RE PPI

30/11/10 - Letter from buchananclark + wells - final notice

11/12 /10- CCA REQUEST SENT

15/02 /11- RCD LETTER = THEY ACCEPTED APPEAL!! PAYING OFF £2904.24 -RESULT!!!!!
                Last edited by findingaway; 27 February 2011, 17:10. Reason: UPDATE

Comment

Originally posted by findingaway
                  Capquest / Capital one credit card
                  It includes what looks like a stat demand ;EEK BUT I've not heard anything since, so it must have been a terror tactic ;P-; ;P-; SHOULD I SEND CCA REQUEST?[/color]
                  Hiya, have you actually check whether there is an entry registered against you qith trust online? Anyway, the truth is a statutory demand gives a person 21 days warning to pay the debt. After that the statutory demand has runs it course and it can followed by a bankruptcy petition. In the minds of a creditor or a creditor’s solicitor a statutory demand is the legal equivalent of a 'warning shot from a gun'. This is because the average debtor is so scared by 'what may follow' that they usually pay up.

In fact statutory demands are so successful that in 99% of cases following the issue of a statutory demand a bankruptcy petition NEVER is issued.

Hope that eases your mind a bit! In the meantime, send a CCA Request and the £1 payment, recorded delivery (orange sticker)....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

CABOT Financial / Credit card (egg)
                    SHOULD I SEND CCA REQUEST?
                    If you've not heard anything in ages then leave them, it will go statute barred after 6yrs so anything you've not heard from in a while it is always best to ignore.... if you have heard from them recently then yea, send the CCA Request otherwise stay hidden....
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

CABOT Financial / Credit card- SAINSBURY'S BANK
                      June 2010 -Had assignment letter from Cabot. Nothing since but this is one I HAD CHARGES RECLAIM PAID TO CARD LAST WEEK (around £200) --- SHOULD I SEND CCA REQUEST?
                      As above, just leave them if you've not heard from them - pointless bringing up bad news again if right now they are leaving you alone.....

Comment

Hillesden Securities / Credit card - SAINSBURY'S BANK
                        Dec 09 - Last letter from dlc for client Hillesden. ...[size=5]we have made enquiries with the local Land Registry & have received formal notification that you are a homeowner. It is now our intention to start legal proceedings.....ending [size=5]we would like to resolve this matter without the need for legal proceedings. Please telephone to discuss. I didn't make any contact. BUT this is one I HAD CHARGES RECLAIM PAID TO CARD LAST WEEK (around £200) --- SHOULD I SEND CCA REQUEST?
                        As above, don't go to them - wait and see what they write to you with.....

Comment

Hillesden Securities / Unsecured Loan - SAINSBURY'S BANK
                          SHOULD I SEND CCA REQUEST?
                          - You know what i'm going to say don't you? Nope, leave it alone - you've heard nothing in ayear so see what they say when they next write/sell the debt.

Comment

Link Financial MBNA / Credit Card - VIRGIN MONEY
                            April 2010 - 2 nice letters received. One offering 25% reduction, one just a statement of affairs.
                            Sept -Made a ppi claim but turned down[color=#8000BF] - SHOULD I SEND CCA REQUEST?
                            As you made a claim for PPi they will be in touch with you so sit tight and let me know what they say when they next contact you....

Comment

Re: Findingaway's UE Diary

Summary - 30.09.2010

As all the above accounts have been quiet, i'd suggest you sit tight and wait for them to come to you - next time they write to you then come back and update the diary - don't write to them and don't get a CCA either, pointless as right now some have been forgotten and others will write to you soon enough, so we'll tackle them as and when they write to you yea?

Take no action - you should now cease all payments to all accounts and see what happens, also don't act before running it past us on here cos you may shoot yourself in the foot long term...

Cheers - Niddy ;30

Comment

Working...
                              X