GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Findingaway's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Findingaway's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Findingaway's UE Diary

Originally posted by findingaway View Post
    Hi Niddy, I can't find the quote, but as you know I made an insurance claim (ppi) on 3 cards due to my illness.... RBS & MINT paid cards off but Virgin had a clause in that meant my claim rejected. You advised me to appeal decision as the others upheld. I appealed in November, followed by a copy letter in Dec as I'd not heard, followed by a phone call by my husband in Jan (he was told it was under review).

TODAY received a letter from them (ins group) confirming that a payment of £2904.24 will shortly be sent to MBNA!! That leaves a balance of just over £500, so a reclaim of charges should just about pay the rest

I can't thank you enough because on this one I really was just accepting the rejection. As well, the claim alerted the DCA that I'm still around so they wrote again. I sent off a CCA req as you said, I got a message from them that the OC would forward the details direct. Call me cynical but it does make you wonder if Virgin would rather tell ins company to accept claim (& they get their money) as they know they didn't have a credit agreement

Anyway I don't care why, just soooo happy they did I'll wait til it's been credited then write & ask for the default to be removed as it wouldn't have been added if i'd claimed at correct time (it worked for RBS & MINT) THEN I'll reclaim charges
    Fantastic news & result findingaway, really pleased for you

Comment

That is FAB!!!!!! Well done

Comment

fantastic news I am really pleased for you that was well worth going after. Lets hope the others go away and leave you alone for 6 years now
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Thanks everyone, but I take no credit here it's all down to the one who knows best :niddy and I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying I just love these emocions.......

Moral here guys MUST be - If at first you don't suceed, try, try again

FAW
          I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
          Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Comment

Thanks everyone, but I take no credit here it's all down to the one who knows best :niddy and I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying I just love these emocions.......

Moral here guys MUST be - If at first you don't suceed, try, try again

FAW
            The credit is down to whoever got the money out the banks and that is you - anyway, well done - regardless of what and how - the main thing is YOU have beaten the banker! And that is why we're happy for you - bloody great result - you should be chuffed
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

What an fantastic result, well done
              I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Not had any dca letters BUT had a good letter from Mint today! I reclaimed charges on Mint & Rbs cards & last week got an offer for difference to £12, which was around £90. I sent letter back saying I'd asked for full amount not just diff & I got reply today offering me £743.04!!!!! Couldn't believe it, acceptance posted straight back. Cheque will come to me cos these cards got paid off with ppi claim, can't wait for rbs offer as should be about same, happy day!
                I got offer of £80+ from RBS so sent same letter THEN received revised offer of £678, sent back acceptance straight away but then just got letter saying acct had been credited, so I to tell them I was in credit (that was a good feeling) so after an apology they said it would be paid by bacs I checked y acct yeaterday & it was in Barclays have written asking for my bank details too so they can pay the £22 difference in!

I've just been going through my paperwork & when I joined in Sept I had 1ccj, 4 old mob contracts, 8 cc & 1 loan all on my credit files all except 1 cc defaulted! I've now had 3 cc paid off in full (defaults removed for 2 & letter sent for 3rd) & 1 almost paid & will be as soon as I get charges reclaimed. So I'm now 1 loan & 4 CC poss ue. I've cca'd 2 & seeing as I've had 2 letters now saying still waiting from oc, I'm considering them for now at least, one of the other's is with a different dca but is Sainsbury's like those 2, I came out of hiding with this one as I reclaimed charges but I've not heard anything from them but I'm presuming Sainsbury's will be looking for that too, and the other 2 have left me alone for a long time so I'm still hiding. So all in all I'm very happy
                Bye for now, FAW

Comment

I got offer of £80+ from RBS so sent same letter THEN received revised offer of £678, sent back acceptance straight away but then just got letter saying acct had been credited, so I to tell them I was in credit (that was a good feeling) so after an apology they said it would be paid by bacs I checked y acct yeaterday & it was in Barclays have written asking for my bank details too so they can pay the £22 difference in!

I've just been going through my paperwork & when I joined in Sept I had 1ccj, 4 old mob contracts, 8 cc & 1 loan all on my credit files all except 1 cc defaulted! I've now had 3 cc paid off in full (defaults removed for 2 & letter sent for 3rd) & 1 almost paid & will be as soon as I get charges reclaimed. So I'm now 1 loan & 4 CC poss ue. I've cca'd 2 & seeing as I've had 2 letters now saying still waiting from oc, I'm considering them for now at least, one of the other's is with a different dca but is Sainsbury's like those 2, I came out of hiding with this one as I reclaimed charges but I've not heard anything from them but I'm presuming Sainsbury's will be looking for that too, and the other 2 have left me alone for a long time so I'm still hiding. So all in all I'm very happy
                  Bye for now, FAW
                  No wonder you're happy - lucky you eh? Well done, lets hope you can beat them all and get a full house
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well Done - Fab result!

Comment

great result FAW!!!!

Comment

Well done FAW.

Comment

Congrats FAW, a well deserved result well done

Comment

Thanks everyone - It sure is great to post successes!!

Comment

I've also sent CCA requests to dlc, 1 for my credit card, 1 for a bank loan & 1 for a bank loan of my husband's which has a ccj on it. They were all sainsbury's (now owned by Hillesden) & they were the ones we were offerred a 75% reduction on. I know my husband's already got a ccj but i thought i'd nothing to lose asking for a cca as the judgement was made in default at Northampton. I obviously rattled cages when I did the charges reclaims lol. I also sent a cca request to Turnbull Rutherford solicitors acting on behalf of HFO (original creditor barclaycard) again this has a ccj (in default) as they have started chasing again & sent us an I/E form.
                              Hiya Niddy,
                              I've received a "cca" from Turnbull Rutherford. To be honest I only sent for this as they wrote in Nov inc an I/E form & stated that if we didn't enter into a payment agreement their client reserves the right to further enforcement. Looking back at previous letters that we'd ignored they had sent stronger letters BUT they have got a ccj & charging order (debt was only 1038.64) We were hoping to sit this one out as ccj was granted in Aug 2007.

Anyhow I sent them a covering letter (from OH) stating that he had just been made aware there had been letters from them & a ccj & charging order were granted. He wasn't aware of any outstanding debts so could they pass the enclosed cca request to their clients.

It was a delay tactic primarily but I also wondered if they couldn't supply the cca, could he apply for the courts for a set-aside? Got a very dark copy of an application form yesterday (& it's not all legible) but in the signature box it does state it's an agreement, & 2 pages of t&c's. One thing that is a bit odd is that it's not filled in by my husband's writing, it looks a bit like mine & under mother's maiden name it states MY maiden name not his mum's!

I'm going to try & scan them now & hopefully will get them to you to see if that's ok?

Thanks as always, FAW

Edit: CCA received emailed to niddy
                              Last edited by findingaway; 6 March 2011, 23:12.

Comment

Hiya Niddy,
                                I've received a "cca" from Turnbull Rutherford. To be honest I only sent for this as they wrote in Nov inc an I/E form & stated that if we didn't enter into a payment agreement their client reserves the right to further enforcement. Looking back at previous letters that we'd ignored they had sent stronger letters BUT they have got a ccj & charging order (debt was only 1038.64) We were hoping to sit this one out as ccj was granted in Aug 2007.

Anyhow I sent them a covering letter (from OH) stating that he had just been made aware there had been letters from them & a ccj & charging order were granted. He wasn't aware of any outstanding debts so could they pass the enclosed cca request to their clients.

It was a delay tactic primarily but I also wondered if they couldn't supply the cca, could he apply for the courts for a set-aside? Got a very dark copy of an application form yesterday (& it's not all legible) but in the signature box it does state it's an agreement, & 2 pages of t&c's. One thing that is a bit odd is that it's not filled in by my husband's writing, it looks a bit like mine & under mother's maiden name it states MY maiden name not his mum's!

I'm going to try & scan them now & hopefully will get them to you to see if that's ok?

Thanks as always, FAW

Edit: CCA received emailed to niddy
                                Hiya

Thanks for this - it's hard to open, its as though you've copied images onto open office or something? It's trying to open in my email (Outlook) client - I need you to email me images please?

I cannot read what you attached so please resend upon which time i'll respond.

I'm away at the end of the week so best do it before then!

Comment

Working...
                                X