GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Findingaway's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Findingaway's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Findingaway's UE Diary

Originally posted by findingaway View Post
    Cheers Niddy - Can anyone give me any info on default question? Cheers me dears
    As Elsie says - see here; ---> Defaults, The Law & Removal

Also worth noting that defaults work weird, if you have an empty credit file for the last 3yrs then the defaults won't usually hurt that much as MOST lenders only perform what is known as a quick search, if this comes back fine then they'll make a decision, however if anything derogatory is picked up the system reverts to a full search and goes back 6yrs. This is really unorthadox and hard to explain, because it varies from lender to lender, for instance HSBC perform (on all new accounts) a full 3yr search at Experian followed up by a soft search (enquiry) with Call Credit; however if you're accepted they then add the data to Equifax so they use all 3 - but only search back 3 years. If the risk is acceptable within that period then they'll accept you, otherwise they will perform a full 6yr history search - see the bad stuff and decline you.

Natwest work the same, however they search Equifax with a follow up enquiry to Experian for bank accounts and cards.

Basically, once you have clean file for 3 years start by making an app to Vanquis then Aqua then Crappy One and from those you'll be working back to mainstream, by then going for Sygma Bank then a main bank credit card - that's it, you're then back on the credit ladder!

Simples, right?
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 25 January 2011, 23:28. Reason: Added info!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Elsie for the link. It was useful but I was wondering how the creditors used the info.

Niddy that was what I needed thanks. Sorry if I'm being thick, not that simples for me lol. By a clean file do you mean no late payments etc? If they do a 3yr check do older defaults just not show up, even if they've not been paid? The franchise I tried to get had a loan package by natwest so as I said I didn't need it I thought I'd be ok but it was procedure to still do a search.

Iv'e also got that ccj that I'm hoping to get set-aside & hubs has 4 ccj from 2007, do they show up on a search all the time or does the same apply as the defaults? as I think mine will be gone but I'm linked to hubby. My equifax and experian reports have the same things on.
      Thanks as always FAW
      I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
      Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Comment

Hiya

You need to forget the credit files right now due to the financial link with Mr FaW as it'll flag a full search - ie a 6yr search. You need to wait until the oldest derogatory item between you, is older than 3yrs then try the likes of Vanquis etc.

You'll never get a business loan, whilst you have any derogatory data as they search a bit deeper...... ultimately the franchise was a business ergo you eneded a business loan and rightly so, the risk was too high so they'd have declined you - that's why I am saying forget credit, you really need to learn from this time and let it go away........

A default is a default, whether paid or not - it means the same and if a lender see's one they will 99.9% of the time decline you....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niid all understood now. I don't want you to think I'm obsessed by my credit files, the reason I was asking is because I'm getting an early pension later in the year & by then my defaults would be more than 3 yrs so I was wondering whether or not I would pass a search. I need to pay 1k for the franchise that's all so I could pay that with my pension as I don' EVER want credit again, that lesson been well & truly learnt!

For the first time in a long time I am feeling positive about my future so I'm just thinking of ways to get back into earning money! I just thought that would be ideal as I'd be in control of my hrs & could grow it if I chose, or not. Anyway looks like that dream will have to wait til his ccj's drop off in 2013 which looking positiively is only another 2yrs later than plan! Just have to look for work now!!
          Thanks FAW

Comment

Thanks Niid all understood now. I don't want you to think I'm obsessed by my credit files, the reason I was asking is because I'm getting an early pension later in the year & by then my defaults would be more than 3 yrs so I was wondering whether or not I would pass a search. I need to pay 1k for the franchise that's all so I could pay that with my pension as I don' EVER want credit again, that lesson been well & truly learnt!

For the first time in a long time I am feeling positive about my future so I'm just thinking of ways to get back into earning money! I just thought that would be ideal as I'd be in control of my hrs & could grow it if I chose, or not. Anyway looks like that dream will have to wait til his ccj's drop off in 2013 which looking positiively is only another 2yrs later than plan! Just have to look for work now!!
            Thanks FAW
            Hiya

Ok now that makes more sense.. thing is with the franchise, you should be able to pay outright - so long as you speak to them first it shouldn't be an issue, but wouldn't you need a business account (i'm not too sure about this so pardon the ignorance)...

However, you could if necessary use a guarantee you know, if you have the funds to pay it outright.... worth considering? In any case, wait til the oldest derogatory item between you is 3+ years old - and I don't mean 3 years and a day! Give it a month or three for the CRA's to be updated. CCJ's will always be picked up remember as the CRA's perform a search against Registry Trust which does list all CCJ's - no matter how old.

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I told them I wouldn't need a loan but I think you're right I bet it's cos I'd have to have a business acct. Did you mean a guarantor? I'll leave it for 39 mths & then I may contact them for info, but as Mr Faw will still have ccj's may forget about it I'll just see what I think end of year, God only knows It'll be here before we know it lol.

Not had any dca letters BUT had a good letter from Mint today! I reclaimed charges on Mint & Rbs cards & last week got an offer for difference to £12, which was around £90. I sent letter back saying I'd asked for full amount not just diff & I got reply today offering me £743.04!!!!! Couldn't believe it, acceptance posted straight back. Cheque will come to me cos these cards got paid off with ppi claim, can't wait for rbs offer as should be about same, happy day!

On my bb &struggling so no smilies today! That's all for now thanks, FAW
              Last edited by findingaway; 27 January 2011, 00:46.

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I told them I wouldn't need a loan but I think you're right I bet it's cos I'd have to have a business acct. Did you mean a guarantor? I'll leave it for 39 mths & then I may contact them for info, but as Mr Faw will still have ccj's may forget about it I'll just see what I think end of year, God only knows It'll be here before we know it lol.

Not had any dca letters BUT had a good letter from Mint today! I reclaimed charges on Mint & Rbs cards & last week got an offer for difference to £12, which was around £90. I sent letter back saying I'd asked for full amount not just diff & I got reply today offering me £743.04!!!!! Couldn't believe it, acceptance posted straight back. Cheque will come to me cos these cards got paid off with ppi claim, can't wait for rbs offer as should be about same, happy day!

On my bb &struggling so no smilies today! That's all for now thanks, FAW
                Excellent news from Mint.....

Comment

Hi niddy, nothing much to report just 2 letters from Hillesden saying still waiting for details from OC (sainsbury's) re cca requests & they will update in 21 days unless before, exact same letters as before so that's good. Got my cheque for £743 on Friday too, couldn't have come at a better time financially as hubby not had much work since xmas & as he's self employed that means no wages! Hoping my RBS offer not far behind!!
                  Nite FAW

Comment

Hi niddy, nothing much to report just 2 letters from Hillesden saying still waiting for details from OC (sainsbury's) re cca requests & they will update in 21 days unless before, exact same letters as before so that's good. Got my cheque for £743 on Friday too, couldn't have come at a better time financially as hubby not had much work since xmas & as he's self employed that means no wages! Hoping my RBS offer not far behind!!
                    Nite FAW
                    Hiya, nice - keep us updated

Comment

Hi Niddy, I can't find the quote, but as you know I made an insurance claim (ppi) on 3 cards due to my illness.... RBS & MINT paid cards off but Virgin had a clause in that meant my claim rejected. You advised me to appeal decision as the others upheld. I appealed in November, followed by a copy letter in Dec as I'd not heard, followed by a phone call by my husband in Jan (he was told it was under review).

TODAY received a letter from them (ins group) confirming that a payment of £2904.24 will shortly be sent to MBNA!! That leaves a balance of just over £500, so a reclaim of charges should just about pay the rest

I can't thank you enough because on this one I really was just accepting the rejection. As well, the claim alerted the DCA that I'm still around so they wrote again. I sent off a CCA req as you said, I got a message from them that the OC would forward the details direct. Call me cynical but it does make you wonder if Virgin would rather tell ins company to accept claim (& they get their money) as they know they didn't have a credit agreement

Anyway I don't care why, just soooo happy they did I'll wait til it's been credited then write & ask for the default to be removed as it wouldn't have been added if i'd claimed at correct time (it worked for RBS & MINT) THEN I'll reclaim charges

Comment

Well done, that's a great result.

Comment

TODAY received a letter from them (ins group) confirming that a payment of £2904.24 will shortly be sent to MBNA!! That leaves a balance of just over £500, so a reclaim of charges should just about pay the rest

I can't thank you enough because on this one I really was just accepting the rejection.
                          Awesome - bet you're well chuffed? And so you should be too

Comment

What an fantastic result, well done
                            The DCA Vultures are circling above, But the Rhinoman isn't dead yet !
                            He's just sharpening his Horn for the next round. Bring it on !

Comment

well done FAW, its amazing how a bit of persistance works!!!

Comment

Great news - well done.

Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Working...
                                X