GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Findingaway's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Findingaway's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Findingaway's UE Diary

Hi Niddy,
    Not had ANY post since last Thurs! due to the weather I think. Just got a letter from dlc dated 6th (my cca request was sent on 11th) just letting me know that as I didn't make payment the agreed settlement has been withdrawn. They'd like me to please telephone immediately to discuss payment of the full balance. Failure to respond may result in further action.

I didn't make the agreed settlement? Oh no I must've forgot! :zoot
    I'll be ignoring it since I've already sent off my cca request to them, is that ok?

Thanks as always,
    FAW
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
    Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Comment

Originally posted by findingaway
      Hi Niddy,
      Not had ANY post since last Thurs! due to the weather I think. Just got a letter from dlc dated 6th (my cca request was sent on 11th) just letting me know that as I didn't make payment the agreed settlement has been withdrawn. They'd like me to please telephone immediately to discuss payment of the full balance. Failure to respond may result in further action.

I didn't make the agreed settlement? Oh no I must've forgot! :zoot
      I'll be ignoring it since I've already sent off my cca request to them, is that ok?

Thanks as always,
      FAW
      Hiya, yea just ignore it for the moment - no action necessary gh gh
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by findingaway
        I've also sent CCA requests to dlc, 1 for my credit card, 1 for a bank loan & 1 for a bank loan of my husband's which has a ccj on it. They were all sainsbury's (now owned by Hillesden) & they were the ones we were offerred a 75% reduction on. I know my husband's already got a ccj but i thought i'd nothing to lose asking for a cca as the judgement was made in default at Northampton. I obviously rattled cages when I did the charges reclaims lol.
        Hi niddy ya hope you had a brilliant xmas
        I've received letters from Hillesden saying they have asked for copies of original agreement from original lenders. If not available they will supply a true copy. Hubby's also goes on to quote McGuffick case & says they will continue with collection activity as the debt is still owed. Funnily they sent me a cheque for 50p as they say it was surplus as the charge is £1 (which I sent) would you believe they make mistakes?? hehe. I've just checked my records & I didn't actually send a cca req on the sb card as I'd made a payment to it (reclaim) so I'm leaving that to see what happens.

Also got a letter from bcw who returned my po & they say they have asked their client to send the cca direct to me, & they'll cease activity for now. I'm happy about that as I only sent it cos they'd issued that final notice but I was hoping to buy time to see what the outcome of my appeal re the ppi decision was. Just checked & the date i sent it was 23/11 so if I've not heard by next week I'm going to get hubby to ring & chase up as he was the one who appealed on my behalf.

I think I just file these & wait now?

So that's me updated, just want to wish you & your family & all the rest who read this a very Happy & Healthy 2011 gh [font=][/font]

Comment

Hiya

yep - just leave them all alone for the moment, file away and do nothing! When you say you're getting hubby to ring, do you mean ring regards to PPi refund (ring the FOS?)....

Hope you had a good Christmas etc....

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Happy new yr niddy looks like you've been busy with the site yet again!
            By ringing I just meant I would get hubby to ring to chase up appeal I made on the decision not to pay out on the ppi for me being off work, you said to appeal esp as RBS paid out on 2 accts for same reason. Nothing else to report as yet

Comment

Hiya - Happy New Year to you too gh

Okies, all makes sense now - thanks for clearing that up for me.....

Comment

Woohoo one of the first to see the new site!! Brilliant!! Just got in from a night on the wet stuff so actually amazed myself that i managed to log on no problemo..... Well done niddy & helpers.. will update y diary properly later today
                FAW

Comment

"my" hehe

Comment

Hi Niddy, the new site is fantastic !!

Just an update, no cca's arrived yet but got letters from Hillesden saying they are awaiting documentation from original lender & will forward once they receive them, so that's good just filed!

In Nov i tried it on with my Barclay card as I'd reclaimed & they repaid £306 onto the account that was only £434. I wrote & said that as i'd not used the card since Mar 06, it was obvious the extra amount was just interest & as I'd only claimed 8% would they bring the account to zero balance as a gesture of goodwill? hehe I never got a reply so I sent it again just before xmas, I got a "final response" yesterday saying they would refund the contractual amount & £149.90 had been paid into the account!! How's that for a result!! I tell you if I'd never have found this site i would have sunk lower & lower in my downtrodden mind, so I can't thank you enough for all you do, it's more than helping with the problem, you give us all a confidence in dealing with things & also by bringing people together not scared of being shouted down for the way we're now dealing with things. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, I feel like the person I used to be at the moment.

Sooooo. because last time Barclays paid my card they let the cra's know really quickly so I bought a statutory report yesterday from equifax on line, to see if the amount had been deducted, it hasn't yet BUT 2 accts I had with Cabot (egg & Sainsbury's cards) which defaulted in 2008 have gone off my records, VANISHED!! Have you ever heard of that before?? & more importantly what do you think it means?? I still have the original Egg account on there showing settled (that's always been on) but not the orig sainsbury's one., don't know when that was taken off as it wasn't on the report I got last August, but I suppose it could mean they've deleted them when they sold them on & Cabot have now sold them on again without my knowledge & the new "owner" will re-add them? Cabot did an outstanding debt search in May 2010 but i've never communicated with them. Wish all my defaults would vanish haha! I'll keep you posted on that one but would really appreciate your thoughts....

thanks as always FAW
                    Last edited by findingaway; 16 January 2011, 17:57. Reason: added more info

Comment

Originally posted by findingaway View Post
                      Hi Niddy, the new site is fantastic !!
                      Thanks! We like it too!

Just an update, no cca's arrived yet but got letters from Hillesden saying they are awaiting documentation from original lender & will forward once they receive them, so that's good just filed!
                      Yep

In Nov i tried it on with my Barclay card as I'd reclaimed & they repaid £306 onto the account that was only £434. I wrote & said that as i'd not used the card since Mar 06, it was obvious the extra amount was just interest & as I'd only claimed 8% would they bring the account to zero balance as a gesture of goodwill? hehe I never got a reply so I sent it again just before xmas, I got a "final response" yesterday saying they would refund the contractual amount & £149.90 had been paid into the account!! How's that for a result!! I tell you if I'd never have found this site i would have sunk lower & lower in my downtrodden mind, so I can't thank you enough for all you do, it's more than helping with the problem, you give us all a confidence in dealing with things & also by bringing people together not scared of being shouted down for the way we're now dealing with things. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, I feel like the person I used to be at the moment.
                      Excellent - you're doing really well right now - it stays that way yea?

Sooooo. because last time Barclays paid my card they let the cra's know really quickly so I bought a statutory report yesterday from equifax on line, to see if the amount had been deducted, it hasn't yet BUT 2 accts I had with Cabot (egg & Sainsbury's cards) which defaulted in 2008 have gone off my records, VANISHED!! Have you ever heard of that before??
                      It could mean a multitude of things, could be they sold the account and the new owner uses the other CRA, or it could mean they are updating the ststus - i'd not worry about it, you have a couple years left to ride the storm then worry about your credit file. In a default state, the entires change all the time, from owner to owner - which means the original default should go, with an identical one replacing it with the new lender/owner name on it. The amounts cannot ever change, nor can the default start date.

& more importantly what do you think it means??
                      See above comments

I still have the original Egg account on there showing settled (that's always been on) but not the orig sainsbury's one., don't know when that was taken off as it wasn't on the report I got last August, but I suppose it could mean they've deleted them when they sold them on & Cabot have now sold them on again without my knowledge & the new "owner" will re-add them? Cabot did an outstanding debt search in May 2010 but i've never communicated with them. Wish all my defaults would vanish haha! I'll keep you posted on that one but would really appreciate your thoughts.... thanks as always FAW
                      Just stop applying for your credit file, it triggers an "active" alert meaning all your creditors will see that you're active and start hassling you again, unless you WANT credit (hardly, right?) then forget your credit file right now..... its hassle you really don't need.

Comment

Hi NID Thanks for updating sure everyone's as grateful as me, you've had a lot on your plate lately Mrs Niddy must be an understanding lady

[/QUOTE]Just stop applying for your credit file, it triggers an "active" alert meaning all your creditors will see that you're active and start hassling you again, unless you WANT credit (hardly, right?) then forget your credit file right now..... its hassle you really don't need. [/QUOTE]

Oh I didn't know that, thought I could check if the money'd been paid off I won't be doing that again! I don't want any more credit EVER, but I got turned down to run a slimming franchise AFTER I'd been accepted at interview in 2009, due to my credit file which is what made me own up to myself what a mess I was in ! It is something I hoped I could do some day but it would mean getting the defaults removed as they are now in their third year, so I think it means I won't be able to apply again until after the 6 yrs ( think that's how it work's) - I have seen some replies that you have said they may only look at 36 mths but I suppose that's only for defaults that were settled, be grateful if you could enlighten me?

I didn't know I could SAR the council either, they'll prob write back asking for £10 lol. I can't find the receipt so will just have to see what they say. Still not worrying...& feeling positive

Bye for now FAW
                        Last edited by findingaway; 19 January 2011, 20:43. Reason: quote

Comment

Comment

Your Council Tax issue has been moved to the relevant section here: ---> findingaway's Council Tax Problems

Comment

Cheers Niddy

I got turned down to run a slimming franchise AFTER I'd been accepted at interview in 2009, due to my credit file which is what made me own up to myself what a mess I was in ! It is something I hoped I could do some day but it would mean getting the defaults removed as they are now in their third year, so I think it means I won't be able to apply again until after the 6 yrs ( think that's how it work's) - I have seen some replies that you have said they may only look at 36 mths but I suppose that's only for defaults that were settled, be grateful if you could enlighten me? Bye for now FAW
                              Can anyone give me any info on default question?

Cheers me dears

Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 25 January 2011, 23:00. Reason: sorted quote

Comment

Hiya FAW

Have you read up on Niddy default section.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17

You may find your answer in there.

Elsie

Comment

Working...
                                X