GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI/Unenforcability - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI/Unenforcability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI/Unenforcability

Hi everyone.

I'm new here and would like to start by telling you a little of the history of my quest to claim PPI from RBS. i hope i don't ramble on too much and/or it makes a little sense.

I recently made PPI claims to RBS. These are three loans and one overdraft all taken out between 2004 - 2006. One loan and the overdraft are still outstanding as I had to come off work due to ill health in 2006/7 and this particular loan is now in the hands of (but not sold to) a credit management firm called Apex. I am contacted by Apex every three months and provide them will all my personal financial details and we have an agreement that I pay them £50 per month (£10 for overdraft and £40 for the loan account)).

For the loans that are paid in full I have been offered around £75 each re PPI/nterest. For the open loan I owe around £9,000. This was £11,000 but when I made the claims approximately £2,000 was paid direct to the outstanding loan/overdraft account which, when queried, was told to be for interest and insurance premium, plus i received a letter offering the sum of £4,264.11. I was also informed that this would be paid off direct to the outstanding loan account and not direct to me if accepted which I'm told is standard procedure.

I have not yet replied to/accepted any of these offers (all dated around early October) because I then applied to the RBS for copies of all loan agreements under Section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, because i wanted to check if the offers were realistic/capable of acceptance. I have since received a letter stating that they are unable to locate three of the account numbers quoted in my correspondence and they have returned my postal orders in connection with them.

In the same letter they state they are dealing with the 4th (the outstanding debt) under the said Act.

This weekend I'm gonna attempt to copy and upload said loan agreements.

For all those interested, I'll keep you posted. But be warned I'n not good at this IT thing and may need to ask stupid questions about uploading docs etc!!!

Many thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 2 December 2011, 20:31. Reason: Removed links.

Re: PPI/Unenforcability

You've copied this from CAG - their silly text links have copied over.

I'll edit your post shortly to remove them
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

Amazing how we can spot them a mile off

Comment

Hi & welcome

For the benefit of others we've chatted on email already.

Ok regards the above, the paid loans - fair cop. Forget those for now; the cca for the current existing loan is what matters now.

The ppi is usually paid back into the debt so you need to start splitting things up so you get paid. You do this by claiming ppi refunds on the paid up loans first. Sort that and they will make an offer to which should be paid direct to you due to the fact you've already settled them thus already paid the ppi.

Then you move to the current loan, this is where we first get the cca and dependant upon that we look at ppi reclaims etc to reduce the debt. Usually we go for a f&f offer settlement using the cash refund from the other loans thus in essence you're walking away debt free.

Hope this makes sense?

Don't upload anything here lol. Only I can see stuff in the secure section. Public uploads should always be blanked out but as there's no cca right now, nothing to upload anyway.

Are you happy with the above? Yes/No....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Niddy,

Amazing how we can spot them a mile off
          Mate they do my nut in.

Comment

Yep, makes perfect sense. Thank you. So shall I let you have sight of the relevant agreeement and any correspondence they have sent me in relation to the same since my initial PPI claim and CCA letter (promise not to post it on here!!)?

C

Comment

Originally posted by Catell View Post
              Yep, makes perfect sense. Thank you. So shall I let you have sight of the relevant agreeement and any correspondence they have sent me in relation to the same since my initial PPI claim and CCA letter (promise not to post it on here!!)?

C
              Hiya

Ok the loan that you have outstanding, do you actually have the agreement, the terms and the letter they sent with them? if so please email me, to the address you did yesterday and I will look through them.

Regards the other PPI claims, i'll come back to you on this as we need to do some work to get them sorted right for you

Comment

Hi,

I have an unsigned, undated copy of the original agreement but not the letter it came with. I've aside tomorrow to sort things out and will let you have a copy then.

C

Comment

Can you clarify, have you actually had a refund of PPi on the current loan or not?

ie is the £9k balance already after they have refunded the £3k front loaded for the PPI?

Comment

Hi, Thanks for looking at his.

They have made a goodwill offer in a letter dated the 7 October: "given the amount of time that has passed since you made your complaint and as a gesture of goodwill and without any admission of liability..." "...the bank is prepared to refund the insurance premiums and interest that you have been paid. We are willing to make you an offer of £4,264.11". In the "declaration and acceptance" part if says that theoffer will take into account any arrears on my account". if you would like a full copy of the offer let please just let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

cheers

Cathy

Comment

Ok so forgetting the above what is the current balance of the loan as things stand?

Comment

THAT SHOULD READ HAVE PAID - NOT HAVE BEEN PAID!!

Comment

Since that statement you have I've paid £100 so it will now be approximately £9,128

Comment

Right so after they refund ppi etc it'll leave £5k outstanding?

Can you clarify how much roughly you're in arrears, just a rough guess ?

Also confirm the date you took the loan out and when you paid full payments until, ie the date you stopped paying.

Comment

I'll come back to the three other paid up loans later lol - i've not forgotten about those so don't worry

That's a separate issue that we'll use to try and wipe this current loan if you see what I mean?

Comment

Working...
                              X